Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Demo

A playable demo for the PC edition of Mercenaries 2: World in Flames allows you to sample the soldier of fortune lifestyle in the open-world action sequel. Word is: "Players can play an objective from one of the missions, and while they are limited to a relatively small section of the world, there's enough there for players to get a feel for the sandbox nature of the game. Additionally, we give players a customized load out of awesome vehicles and airstrikes, so that players can get a taste of the toys and destruction that combine to make Mercenaries 2 the premier explosive action game of the summer!" The download can be found on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and Games On Net.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Terrible game. Sep 28, 2008, 22:54 Ant

I played the demo for five minutes and was not impressed.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: *** OBAMA FTW! *** Sep 28, 2008, 18:48 CommunistHamster

Bluesnews - almost as good as the other trolling website.

25. Re: *** OBAMA FTW! *** Sep 27, 2008, 19:38 Dittohead

Uhhh... what's that have to do with Mercs 2 Demo?
Absolutely nothing whatsoever. Happy now?

I was going to vote for Obama, but if voting for him means voting the same as you, I think I'll vote for Nader or something.
I don't vote, asshole. Vote away.

Dipshit.
Right back at ya there scumbag.

--------
FAGOK...WHEN "GAGOK" JUST DOESN'T CUT IT.
FAER TEH BADGAR! FAER TEH FAGOK!

24. Re: *** OBAMA FTW! *** Sep 27, 2008, 14:39 NKD

Uhhh... what's that have to do with Mercs 2 Demo?

I was going to vote for Obama, but if voting for him means voting the same as you, I think I'll vote for Nader or something. Dipshit.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

23. *** OBAMA FTW! *** Sep 27, 2008, 14:24 Dittohead

OBAMA FTW! TAKE THAT, MCSHAME SUPPORTERS! IT'S ok THOUGH, MCSHAMES CAMP SAYS HE'LL GO BACK TO ONE OF HIS *TWELVE* HOUSES AND REGROUP BEFORE LOSING THE NEXT DEBATE.

UP NEXT...PALIN! AND YOU FUCKING KNOW SHE HAS NO FUCKING CHANCE OF WINNING A DEBATE. THIS IS A DEBATE, NOT A FUCKING BROWNIE COOKOFF.

--------
FAGOK...WHEN "GAGOK" JUST DOESN'T CUT IT.
FAER TEH BADGAR! FAER TEH FAGOK!

22. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 13:46 NKD

I was looking forward to the coop aspects on the PC, assuming that actually works.

The co-op is okay but there's no chat, the only way to communicate is through voice and it's always on, no push to talk and no voice activate. Just a hot mic.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

21. No subject Sep 27, 2008, 13:38 MMORPGHoD

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/mercenaries2worldinflames?q=Mercenaries%202 73%

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938444.asp?q=Mercenaries%202 75%

Given the reviews and comments on the game, I'll wait until it's a bargain at gogamer.com. I was looking forward to the coop aspects on the PC, assuming that actually works.

20. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 13:21 NKD

I'm guessing you are one of those types who jump feet first into console flame threads defending your system of choice.

Nope, just somebody who dislikes retarded "THIS GAME SUCKS" posts with no supporting information or specific complaints. Other than being yet another console port, this game is quite fun if you enjoy sandbox destruction.

If you have some specific gripes, people can discuss them, but if you're going to come in here and simply call a game a pile of shit you don't help anyone. If you can tell me how your comment was productive, go right ahead. Mine detailed the basics of what the game has so that people can see if it sounds like something they'd enjoy.

We have enough dildos like Nuclear Watchdog around who never contribute anything, please don't be yet another.

So Where are the smoke nades?, I only have grenades and C4. This is driving me nuts.

The smoke grenades aren't really just smoke grenades, as you cycle through with V you'll see something called "Listening Post - Smoke", that's the one you want to use. I don't recall if it appears if you aren't in the right location. There should be a yellow circle you must throw the smoke signal at.
This comment was edited on Sep 27, 13:23.

19. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 13:00 BicycleRepairMan

You have to press "V" to cycle through the dropables then hit secondary fire (you have to do this while standing still)

So Where are the smoke nades?, I only have grenades and C4. This is driving me nuts.

18. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 11:38 Verno

This is driving me f%%¤ing crazy, Anyone know how to play this shit? First thing I'm asked to do is to "call in a listenting post", well? how the fuck???!! I find the goddamn cirle on the roof, but how do I call shit in?, so I google, and find some talk of smoke grenades.. WHERE??? I have blown up most of the shit on the map, killed everyone, looked everywhere, read all the damn instructions, all come up empty?, please, for the love of everything good in this world, how the fuck do I do anything in this game?

Open up the game manual, it's in mine.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 12:06.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

17. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 11:27 J

Posts 14 and 15 cracked me up. Comical Gold

16. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 11:24 PHJF

You want to know how awesome this game is?

It doesn't have 16x10 resolutions.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

15. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 11:17 Flo

You have to press "V" to cycle through the dropables then hit secondary fire (you have to do this while standing still)  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

14. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 11:10 BicycleRepairMan

This is driving me f%%¤ing crazy, Anyone know how to play this shit? First thing I'm asked to do is to "call in a listenting post", well? how the fuck???!! I find the goddamn cirle on the roof, but how do I call shit in?, so I google, and find some talk of smoke grenades.. WHERE??? I have blown up most of the shit on the map, killed everyone, looked everywhere, read all the damn instructions, all come up empty?, please, for the love of everything good in this world, how the fuck do I do anything in this game?

13. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 10:44 Hump

I make a post outlining the game and all you can say is "YA WELL UR UGLY." Come on, even Nuclear Watchdog can do better than that. Thanks for proving my point about whose opinions should be disregarded, though.

wait, your criticizing MY post AFTER you personally insult me? It speaks volumes of what a shitbag you are.

Sorry I attacked a game you seem to have such an emotional investment in. I'm guessing you are one of those types who jump feet first into console flame threads defending your system of choice.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 10:45.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 09:36 Flo

Okay, just for fun I downloaded the PC demo and it really is a bad port. Performance is choppy and they didnt even change the 360 gamepad overlays for the special actions like grab-a-heli. Going for the 360 version (where I can, you know, actually sell the game again afterwards).

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 10:00.

11. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 09:22 g_mann

" Don't let morons like Hump who have probably not even played it turn you off. Try the demo.

I own the PS3 version. The game is simplistic, ugly and derivative....much like yourself."

And Overon.

10. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 09:22 NKD

I own the PS3 version. The game is simplistic, ugly and derivative....much like yourself.

I make a post outlining the game and all you can say is "YA WELL UR UGLY." Come on, even Nuclear Watchdog can do better than that. Thanks for proving my point about whose opinions should be disregarded, though.

9. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 06:52 Hump

Don't let morons like Hump who have probably not even played it turn you off. Try the demo.

I own the PS3 version. The game is simplistic, ugly and derivative....much like yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: No subject Sep 27, 2008, 04:52 Flo

I played the 360 demo, didn't expect much and was pleasantly surprised. Will get this cheap after I play through Force Unleashed which is ALSO not as bad as everyone says - just not a Jedi Knight (pun intended).  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo