Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Patches

New patches for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames are now available to update various editions of the open-world action sequel to version 1.1. The Mercenaries 2: World In Flames Website has downloads of all the patches, and the pdf patch notes outlines the changes in the new version, which are all bug-fixes. The North American patch is mirrored on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls; the Spanish/Italian patch is mirrored on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls; the German patch is mirrored on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls; and the EU English/French/Russian patch is mirrored on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2008, 17:27 MacD

The game crashes for me after a couple of minutes. It somehow manages to lose my nvidia 7800, according to the d3d.log. That, and it seems to revert to v2 shaders (despite all the 'workarounds' to this problem), which my card can't seem to handle very well.

That last part was meant to be sarcastic.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2008, 12:09 Jerykk

If its a HOSTILE vehicle to the faction where you drove it, you got out of that's exactly whats supposed to happen.
it has its OWN faction independent of yours.

As for the moron that says he walked into an enemy camp.
It sounds like you walked into a NEUTRAL faction camp that you had not pissed off yet.

If someone gets out of a hostile vehicle, isn't it logical to assume that he too is a hostile..?

And if you are running around a neutral camp killing everyone you see, would it not be logical for the guards to become hostile to you?

15. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 20:25 J

This thread is funny. I'm going to keep an eye on it because I'm torn as to whether or not to get this game.

14. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 20:18 CVSiN

If its a HOSTILE vehicle to the faction where you drove it, you got out of that's exactly whats supposed to happen.
it has its OWN faction independent of yours.

As for the moron that says he walked into an enemy camp.
It sounds like you walked into a NEUTRAL faction camp that you had not pissed off yet.
at the beginning of the game only 1 faction hates you.

L2P.. I report none of these issues in over 50 hours of play except for the shooting the hostile vehicle I got out of which they did the same thing in mercs 1.

13. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 19:54 NKD

I played through the game 3 times (once with each character) on the PC version and didn't really run into any of these major problems people are talking about. Enemies shot what they were supposed to shoot, and rarely if ever shot at an empty vehicle.

Game crashed a couple times, had a few graphical glitches, but otherwise this game is great fun. It's not a very polished port, but it looks decent, performs decent, and has simple but amusing gameplay. The variety of weapons and vehicles is pretty good, though some are clearly more useful than the rest.

Trust me, anyone trashing the game as outright horrible hasn't actually played it, or ran into a couple glitches early on and assumed they'd be seeing them for the rest of the game and just quit.

As is usual for PC gamers, most reports of problems are just parroted from the one guy who actually played the game. The rest just kind of spread the word like a bad STD.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

12. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 16:49 Quboid

Its not a great game, but it is fun. It really needs LAN and I wish they would hurry a patch with LAN coop mode in it.

That's what I wanted to know about. I don't care if it's rough, if it's a command line parameter giving the server IP, fine, I just want to blow shit up with a friend.

Quboid

- Quboid

11. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 16:23 Flo

I only recently played the 360 demo and thought it was good fun. Don't know about the PC version, though.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

10. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 16:05 D4rkKnight

That 4.9 is from user reviews...if you scroll down you can see the only two press reviews they have, an 80 and a 79.

Personally, I have never experienced this problem you speak of, the enemies fire at me just fine right when they see me, and I have gotten to about 50% progress on the game. Granted they are not very smart, and its very very hard to die unless your outnumbered by armor, but they certainly shoot at me.

Its not a great game, but it is fun. It really needs LAN and I wish they would hurry a patch with LAN coop mode in it.

9. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 15:40 ^mortis^

Thanks for the newsflash, Chief, but I'm well aware of how the game works and have read the manual.

OK, so I should remember to honk the horn prior to leaving a vehicle in the game...or would you possibly think that maybe when the enemy sees me get out, that my status would change automatically??

What you might not have gathered from my post is that I can walk into ENEMY CAMPS and they WILL NOT SHOOT ME. I mean, i thought it was still the tutorial or something, but the first mission i went on involved me walking around and using my melee attack to off EVERY ENEMY SOLDIER without one shot being fired at me. NONE. ZERO. NADA. However, get into ANY VEHICLE (enemy or non) and the AI starts shooting at me like i'm public enemy #1. Get OUT, and they continue shooting the vehicle and LEAVE ME ALONE COMPLETELY. Something ain't right there...

also: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/mercenaries2worldinflames?q=mercenaries%202

more like a solid 4.9 out of 10.

^m^

8. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 15:27 dubfanatic

So every game really does have at least one raving illiterate fanboy, even this game.

7. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 14:46 DDI

No CVSiN, there's an actual bug that I've run into on the 360 where they KEEP SHOOTING YOUR VEHICLE even when you've jumped out of it. Why would they shoot an empty vehicle?? It's a bug.

6. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 14:07 CVSiN

The game far from stinks.. its a very fun game and is alot of fun for an action shooter..
what half of you tools dont understand about why the AI shoots at you is because you were FLAGGED as hostile while in the vehicle you chose.
honk the horn to release that and stay flagged as a Merc.
Its very useful to get you behind enemy lines disguised as whatever vehicle faction you are in.
that was the same in Mercs 1.

Too many tools that dont actually play and see for themselves or bother reading the directions or understanding features.
the game is a solid 7.8 at the very least its so much fun on XBL with another friend playing.

5. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 14:03 the_culture

Here's what EA/Pandemic considers bug fixes:

The user can set the volume levels to high and low using the mouse properly now.
Joystick sensitivity now operates as designed.
Adjusting the view distance from the main menu functions properly now.
All common 16:9 and 4:3 resolutions are now available.
Default brightness now works when selecting the "Default" setting.

How about actually fixing this crappy console port. Then again... why do I care? I'm not playing it.

4. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 12:50 Darks

This patch does not fix the main problems with the game its self and the AI issues it has along with many bugs that are problems. Really lame!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

3. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2008, 11:58 nin

I can't believe people bought this game. It looked dumb as hell...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 11:49 ^mortis^

the best part is where the enemies don't shoot at you unless you're in a vehicle...and once you leave the vehicle, continue shooting it but not at you.

Would've been happier if they just pulled an "Armed Assault" and repackeaged the first Mercs game with updated graphics and brought it to PC's.

^m^

1. No subject Sep 22, 2008, 10:57 InBlack

This game stinks, I saw it at a friends house and well seriously dont go near it.

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo