Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Multiple Spore Screen Names Coming

A post by Maxis to the Spore Forums has word that they are adding the ability to have up to five screen names per Spore account, responding to one of the criticisms of the life simulation (story), though they cannot pin down an ETA for this change. They will only allow one online account per copy of the game, but another post clarifies that this change will allow players using that account to be logged in simultaneously on different computers under separate screen names. The one complication is how achievements will be handled, as they are hoping to allow separate achievements for each screen name, but to begin with, the active screen name will be the one that earns all achievements (the example give is one player logging 99 hours, signing off, then another player on the same account playing one hour and getting the 100 hour achievement). They hope to fix this with a future update. On the other hand, each screen name will have its own My Spore page and each screen name will get separate credit for any creatures created. On forum poster asked why they didn't just allow five accounts per copies of the game, and the response indicated that this would actually be far more difficult for them to implement.

View
3. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 09:36 Tumbler

It'll be nice when all this Spore BS blows over. I'm sick of hearing about it. Move along spore. I want to play games that don't try and rob me in the beginning and then get nice when it doesn't work.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Sep 19, 09:14 Sigh Midnight
  2. Sep 19, 09:28 No subject KezClone
>> 3. Sep 19, 09:36 No subject Tumbler
  6. Sep 19, 10:34  Re: No subject Wowbagger_TIP
  9. Sep 19, 12:42   Re: No subject Krovven
  10. Sep 19, 14:23    Re: No subject The Half Elf
  12. Sep 19, 16:12     Re: No subject Tavillion
  13. Sep 19, 16:31      Road Side Signs... Thermopyle
  14. Sep 20, 00:22       Re: Road Side Signs... Prez