Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Soulstorm Patch Plans

The RelicNews Forums have word on plans to release a patch next week for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Soulstorm, Relic's standalone RTS expansion, offering apologies for how long the game's first update has taken. They explain they encountered issues relating to updating the various digitally distributed editions of the game, and then suffered a further delay when they found additional bugs to fix, which they failed to communicate to the community (they vow to try to do better with this in the future). The post also includes the patch notes, outlining all the bug-fixes and balance changes it will offer. Thanks Akkinokage.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Huh Sep 19, 2008, 02:44 monkay

Agreed. I no longer have the other games installed so currently I'm stuck with the sister and the dark eldar. Because of the holy icon bug a lot of people just refuse to play with you if you use the sisters. And for dark eldar the observer bug can be abused easily. There's only one thing I can't seem to find on the list: the single player campaign takes ages to load, I loaded the previous games without any problem at all but Soulstorm takes no less than 5-10 mins to load.

Anyway, I have to say it's too little too late. With DOW2 on the horizon I just don't care enough to get back to Soulstorm.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Huh Sep 19, 2008, 02:23 Flo

Good thing I only play Dark Crusade. Hell, there are already enough races I have to counter online  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

2. Re: Huh Sep 19, 2008, 01:48 Bet

Still, they fixed a lot of minor things

Er...those major fixes really are MAJOR issues. If you exploited with the Sisters of Battle holy icon bug, you can get infinite resources. A BIT of a game breaker there. Another was that using the dance of death ability for Dark Eldar would wipe out your resources. Although if that caught you out more than once it was your own fault, but it did remove one of the abilities you could use.

Oh and that Necron monolith bug...yeah.

What do you find wrong with Soulstorm?

1. Huh Sep 19, 2008, 01:18 Creston

I thought they had completely abandoned it. Ofcourse, there is so much wrong with Soulstorm that it's pretty much impossible to patch anyways. You'd need a major rewrite.

Still, they fixed a lot of minor things, so the few people that are still playing it should be glad.

Creston

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo