Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3 Website, Videos

The Prepare For The Future Website is an official Flash website for Fallout 3, which has the longest initial load time we've seen since the old 28.8 days, though this may have been a glitch. The site offers videos, including some gameplay footage and more of the creative duck-and-cover PSA-style videos that convey a bit of back story for Bethesda's upcoming RPG sequel.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Industry suicide Sep 19, 2008, 17:33 Kxmode

At this point if Fallout 3 does not have DRM then I'll be happy and buy it. If it does have DRM no amount of good press is going to save this from where the players will send it.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now
This comment was edited on Sep 19, 18:59.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 17:17 Frijoles

Just watched the video clips from PAX. The Pipboy is a bit confusing to me (I haven't played Fallout 2 yet). It looks like when you get in trouble, you just pause the game and use that thing to target the bad guy, then push a single button to kill him. Anyone able to fill me in on how it works since that seems a bit too easy?

16. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 15:43 Wilson

They really shouldn't have used that voice actor again. His voice is too distinct.

The bitter nutjob in me wants to believe this is a deliberate poke in the eye from Bethesda to all the Oblivion-with-guns whiners like myself.

15. Fileplanet Clips Sep 19, 2008, 14:23 Tumbler

Those 5 video clips on file planet, 2GB download I believe?, were awesome. After seeing that short segment of the game I'm hooked. Seeing the nuke go off was gorgeous. Can't wait to play this game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. G.O.A.T. Results Sep 19, 2008, 13:33 kimbambaman

Anyone care to share their results? Here is what I got on my first attempt:

Laundry Cannon Operator

Going to go back and try some other responses

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 13:33.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

13. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 12:32 PHJF

In the year two thousand, web pages will take longer to load than they will to browse.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 12:06 Jerykk

My biggest complaint so far, has to be when the player is talking to the npc's in the town with the Nuke in the middle. As soon as I heard the one guy from Oblivion, the first thing I thought was 'Great, here we go again with 5 voices for 100 npc's'.

They really shouldn't have used that voice actor again. His voice is too distinct.

11. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:45 InBlack

QED Half Elf you just proved my point.

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:38 The Half Elf

Um InBlack the reason they have voices is for IMMERSION. But the point is defeated when the beggar down the street sounds just like bartender inside.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:28 Wowbagger_TIP

I just hope they release the MOD tools IMMEDIATELY with the game release.
Same here. I'm not buying it until there's mod tools.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

8. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:24 Techie714

It's VERY slow for me as well.

I just hope they release the MOD tools IMMEDIATELY with the game release.

R.I.P George Carlin 1937-2008

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

7. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:17 Frijoles

Think they're getting hammered. It's very slow on my side, not just the initial load, but each channel as well. Kind of loses the appeal with such a long delay. Guess I'll bookmark it for later.

6. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:16 InBlack

I dont give a shit, as long as they do a good job, if not I can always turn down the voice volume. Fallout2 had like 4 or 5 voice actors all in all. Most of the NPCs didnt even talk, so its not a problem in my book. Sometimes it is even better for immersion to play with Voices off, since I can use my "imagination" to portray the character voices.

Works with books

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 10:45.

5. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 10:11 The Half Elf

My biggest complaint so far, has to be when the player is talking to the npc's in the town with the Nuke in the middle. As soon as I heard the one guy from Oblivion, the first thing I thought was 'Great, here we go again with 5 voices for 100 npc's'.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 09:24 Techie714

Begin bashing in 3....2...1

BTW: That website is EPIC WIN!

R.I.P George Carlin 1937-2008
This comment was edited on Sep 19, 09:34.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 08:16 InBlack

This game has been getting so much negative hype from fans of the series, and the devs seem hell bent on not revealing anything of any hype value other than the same old "VATS is great" "combat is great"....

...I still have a strange "hunch" that this game will surprise many of us....

2. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 04:51 osage no onna

Channel 6 made me laugh. I'll reserve my judgment of the game until I actually play it, but they're definitely putting a lot of effort into setting the mood.

1. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 04:50 Dev

Didn't take longer than 15 or 30 secs here...
Maybe it was getting pounded when you checked it.

What was a problem for me was that they prompts where you put in country and birthdate were so freaking DARK I could hardly see them.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo