Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

King's Bounty Demo; US Date

A playable English demo is now available for King's Bounty: The Legend offering a sample of this adventure game remake from Katauri Interactive. Word is: "The demo includes the first city in the game, all three character types, multiple quests and dozens of spells." The demo is accompanied by the announcement that the game will be released in the US next week on September 23. The demo can be downloaded from ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, and Gamer's Hell.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. No subject Sep 20, 2008, 10:28 baltar

Thanks guys, Turning off AA did the trick. odd they didn't make it a pulldown menu so you can tone it down instead of having it at either super high laggy AA or no AA.

It dont matter anyway, playing in 1680x1050 res works just as good as having AA on...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2008, 14:13 Slaughter

Hey baltar, the demo runs by default with AA and other things enabled. turn them off -- the game doesnt need them -- and it ran at a nice clip for me on my nothing special PC
Same with me. Turning of AA and a few other things made it run smoothly. Not brilliant of them to set things so high by default.

Greetings from Olav (Staff at http://www.strategycore.co.uk, Slaughter)

15. No subject Sep 16, 2008, 07:22 dryden555

Hey baltar, the demo runs by default with AA and other things enabled. turn them off -- the game doesnt need them -- and it ran at a nice clip for me on my nothing special PC

14. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 21:33 baltar

It actually looks more like Solidshield - same proteciton that was on the witcher, except with activation..

I find the demo runs laggy as hell, on a system that was playing crysis at 40fps and can play homm5 flawlessley, is rediculous. For now Im thinking the demo's stupid copy protection is lagging my computer. Regardless, I had such high hopes for this game, but the lag issue makes it unplayable, and therefore unbuyable.

EDIT: the demo IS protected, i am still thinking solidshield, but the demo is super laggy. The protection is just humping my CPU like a neutered lapdog. If the retail is like this, I think i'll wait for it to be in the local bargain bin.
This comment was edited on Sep 16, 01:56.

13. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 18:15 Halo

I'm not going to tell you until you become less aggressive and ask politely.

12. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 18:12 space captain

the more relevant question is can you remove the spiked dildo from your bleeding asshole long enough to shove it down your cock shaped throat

or have you become too retarded from the repeated poundings of syphilis infected jack-boot gorilla fun-boys to operate your diseased body?

Go forth, and kill!

11. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 17:52 CJ_Parker

So... can everyone actually STFU with the StarForce whining for a sec and instead focus on what actually fucking matters which would happen to be: Is this demo StarForce protected, yes or no?

You stupid clowns, man. One tard mentions StarForce and all of a sudden every dumbass and their even dumberass dawgz goes off throwing a hissy fit without even questioning whether the tard's suspicion actually has any relevance or not. Jeez. Retarded much, folks?

Just to make sure, let me spell it out for you once again all clearly and shit... DOES THIS FUCKER COME WITH STARFORCE OR NOT???

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 17:53.

10. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 16:49 nin

Seeing as how Space Rangers ended up on SDC/Impulse, perhaps this game will, too...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: starforce Sep 15, 2008, 16:41 space captain

IIRC last i checked, as in, the last time i did it - the starforce protection layer itself was bypassed, rather than having some sort of cracked .exe on its own

it was somehow messing with IDE drivers and so forth, fooling starforce into thinking the image was a physical CD

the process was a small hassle, using a couple different utilities - possibly not easy for the mass majority who dont really know much about PCs beyond the most end user stuff.. but still, im not a programmer, and I did it easily

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 15:34 Slaughter

So like... 5 hours instead of 3?
Well, StarForce lasts days at times. Did with UFO: Afterlight for instance. Some may argue it's because the game's not too popular, but the other UFO games was cracked as fast as most other games. Some say that publishers loose as many sales using StarForce (because many gamers despise it) as they gain from holding off the pirated version a day or two. I do not believe that to be true however, as I believe most gamers are oblivious to the copy protection being used. More do become aware, but it's still a small percentage of the total market (even if the bashing of Spore at Amazon.com is promising).

I don't like StarForce, as it's too intrusive (not to mention outright harmful for your hardware/software at times). That being said, I can't say I like the people that never buy games either. I can live with people downloading games to test them, as long as they buy the ones they do like, but too many people never give a dime to the developers.

7. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 15:00 Halo

the full game will be cracked even faster when it's released

So like... 5 hours instead of 3?

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 15:00.

6. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 14:39 Slaughter

also - wtf wit starforce in a demo? what does that even accomplish?
Well, usually the exe of the demo is very similar to that of the retail version of the game. Thus, if they do not protect the demo exe, the full game will be cracked even faster when it's released. Not fond of StarForce, but that's the reason they also protect the demos.

5. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 14:17 nin

Dubious says it's the same devs as Space Rangers, which I wasn't aware of.

Given that, I'll check it out.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 14:16 space captain

wonder how many people will compare it to HoMM without realizing this series came first

also - wtf wit starforce in a demo? what does that even accomplish?

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 13:44 Kajetan

Hope its good

It is. But sadly, the demo looks very Starforced. Byebye! And there goes another potential customer.

2. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 11:55 dryden555

finally -- I've been waiting for this game for a year! Hope its good.

1. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 11:45 Nate

Really hope this demo is good.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo