Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Wrath of the Lich King November 13?

World of Warcraft database Wowhead now carries a full screen for World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King saying "In stores 11.13.08." There does not seem to be any accompanying announcement nor any further details anywhere. Thanks Pathogen.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 16:59 Doombringer

Whether this is to head off Warhammer or not... the timing certainly is suspect Warhammer's release date is tomorrow.

WoW may not HAVE to compete, but that doesn't mean they won't take a shot at the competition here and there.

I'll be playing both, with an obvious bias toward Wrath (been a WoW subscriber since launch).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 16:06 NKD

Could this be the first time Blizzard reacts to a competitor by speeding up the development process that they've been so diligent about maintaining an "It's done when it's done" mantra?

Since it's been almost 2 years since the last expansion... this hardly feels like a rush job. They could release it in its current condition and I doubt there would be many complaints. Well, beyond the typical WoW-whiner stuff that they will complain about anyway. The beta feels really really polished.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 10:29 The Half Elf

When your a Great White Shark in a ocean full of guppies, I don't think you really have to worry about loosing a 100k subscribers.

Sides WoW's subscriber base will spike again when Lich King ships.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 10:23 nin

Could this be the first time Blizzard reacts to a competitor by speeding up the development process that they've been so diligent about maintaining an "It's done when it's done" mantra?

Keep dreamin...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 10:17 Wallshadows

I don't think it has much to do with WH. The release date has always been sketchy even though I thought it would be December but if they did speed it up, they merely gave it a tap. I personally don't think Blizzard has much to worry about, sure they will probably lose a per cent of players like they did with Conan and perhaps it will add up over time but I think WotLK is their new ace which everyone (in wow) has been craving.

With elements of 3.0 on the PTR and so many open beta players, it might just be going quicker than they've expected or November was indeed their planned date for some time now...

6. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 10:09 BobtheCkroach

This is now official.

www.worldofwarcraft.com

woohoo!

5. Re: would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 10:07 Frijoles

There have been rumors that it would release in November for a very long time. I can't remember when WAR was announced to ship, but the date of Wrath hasn't changed in quite some time.

4. would not be surprising! Sep 15, 2008, 09:57 Blueshrike

If - scratch that - when it does come out early, we likely have Warhammer Online to thank. But does it mean a little loss of integrity for Blizzard?

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 09:58.

3. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 09:38 Galocky

The release date is now posted on WoW mainpage.

2. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2008, 07:19 NKD

Isn't Wowhead owned by IGE? It would surprise me if Blizzard gave any scoops to a gold-selling company. Just hearsay.

Not exactly... they are a part of a network that used to be owned by IGE, but that hasn't been true for years, long before they purchased Wowhead. Anyway, Wowhead is not in the business of posting false information, you can bet there will be an official announcement today.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

1. No subject Sep 15, 2008, 07:10 osage no onna

Isn't Wowhead owned by IGE? It would surprise me if Blizzard gave any scoops to a gold-selling company. Just hearsay.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo