Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. Re: Pee See Kweschun Sep 12, 2008, 12:23 DG

onboard power connector; is this required at all for the card to run?
yes. Preferably use the dedicated connector on the PSU, but if you don't have that you can try a molex adapter - however I suggest having only the card on that wire because ost of these cards draw a lot of juice (hence the dedicated connector).

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 12:23.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: no subject Sep 12, 2008, 12:19 DG

Hey, speak for yourself. I was never suckered into all this bullshit. Blame the south.
Mankind, as in a gross generalisation of all of it. We're all responsible, blaming is tacit admission of failure to prevent it.

You say you weren't "suckered in", but your life is influenced whether willingly or not.

36. Pee See Kweschun Sep 12, 2008, 01:47 Dan =0)

Hey guys,

Just got a nVidia 7900GT PCI-Express vid card to (at least attempt to) replace my old x700 ATI PCI-Express card.

I noticed that this has an onboard power connector; is this required at all for the card to run? (If so, that's another y-adapter I'll have to purchase...)

I'll have to get a DVI-VGA adapter at any rate, as there's no straight VGA output on that card - Dual-DVI only, and my old LCD is VGA only.. go figure.

Thanks in advance,

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

35. Re: just please keep your perspective Sep 12, 2008, 00:00 Sixtoes

That's rubbish. It's not like like 2800 babies were killed. There were ~ half dozen kids killed, the rest were adults.

The nature of the loss due to car accidents is substantially more pronounced when the "nature" is determined by age.

So what nature are you using?

I think you may have misunderstood my point. Actually, I know you misunderstood my point because at no time did I mention the age of any of the victims. Please re-read my post if you are still confused.

Perhaps if I restate it this way... it was the MEANS of the loss, the manner in which the loss took place, i.e., the nature of the loss. Mr. Tact understood me (as indicated by his subsequent reply), so I'm not sure where you missed the boat.

The point I was trying to make - without putting too fine a point on it, lest I garner the attention of any trolls - was that it was how we lost those individuals on 9/11 that was so significant. A murderous crime on a scale previously unimaginable. A large number of lives snuffed out in such a short time. An attack on our soil, against private citizens just going to work or going about their daily lives. That, sir, is what I was talking about.

- - Giving money and power to government is like giving car keys and whiskey to teenage boys. - -

34. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 23:57 banddirector

-----------------------------------
The HD-DVD: silver medalist the most recent format war, a contest where everybody except gold is taken out back and shot through the head.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

33. Re: no subject Sep 11, 2008, 22:03 Enahs

Hey, speak for yourself. I was never suckered into all this bullshit. Blame the south.

You really are being a jackhole.
Why not blame the north for letting its self be attacked and put the US in the position you dislike?

Yes, that is just as big a jackass comment as yours. Nor am I actually really suggesting that.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

32. Re: Trolls Sep 11, 2008, 22:03 xXBatmanXx

What's up with all the f**kin' trolls lately?

That's a very good question.

It saddens me that on a day like today, when most of us showed respect with an empty post, and others followed suit - that even then - some fucking shitheels can't just shut the fuck up for two seconds. Unbelievable.....unfucking believable.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

31. Re: no subject Sep 11, 2008, 22:02 deadgoon

Blame the south.

If you're speaking of that area south of the Mason/Dixon; done and done. I don't even call those states.

30. Re: no subject Sep 11, 2008, 20:25 PHJF

Then we faltered, and chose the path of fear.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. no subject Sep 11, 2008, 17:38 DG

This is maybe more appropriate for tomorrow, but I guess by the time we've made it here we've all spent our moment.

The terrible events 7 years ago presented a crossroads for mankind. For a brief moment we turned united, and stared together down the road of justice and peace. Then we faltered, and chose the path of fear.

28. Re: Trolls Sep 11, 2008, 17:04 shul

I agree..

someone post a link to here from digg/slashdot/whatever again??

first rule of bluesnews is no one talks about bluesnews!!

27. Re: Trolls Sep 11, 2008, 16:46 nin

That's a very good question.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 16:34 Kxmode

@space captain

Into the Black for Aug 25...
Accident Halts Terminator Shooting (thanks nin) has sad news about Helena Bonham Carter, who is on indefinite leave from the new Terminator movie after losing four family members to an auto accident.

@21:06 I wrote, "Sad news"

@22:18 you wrote, "i wonder how many other people died today"

@23:07 I replied, "Dude. She lost four family members. Have a little compassion. Sheesh..."

@23:39 you shot back, "people lose family members everyday - im supposed to care more about her because shes famous?

fucking wake up

if you want to cry about it, you wont ever stop - so dont give me any of that 'holier than thou' bullshit"

Case 1: You don't care when a movie star's four family members die
Case 2: Given your psychobabble in this thread I can only take it to mean you don't care about the thousands that died on 9-11.

i could honestly give a rats ass how i appear to you or anyone else

At least that's a clear certainty.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
DRM needs to die... now

25. Trolls Sep 11, 2008, 15:53 deadgoon

24. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 15:46 space captain

i really hope it impresses you - that is my entire objective in life  
Go forth, and kill!

23. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 15:43 Scottish Martial Arts

yes, i am to blame for the failure of your mind to reach beyond its own narcissistic image

Keep up the pop-psychoanalysis: it makes you sound so sophisticated.

Anyone have any good joystick recommendations? Were money no object I'd love to have one of those CH Products HOTAS + Rudder Pedals setups, but, unfortunately, money is very much an object, and $400 is well in excess of my $50 budget. I currently have a wireless Logitech joystick which unfortunately has always been a piece of shit and waste of money: the stick reads movement very erratically, tends to drift to the left even when centered, and often loses its calibration in mid-game. As a result, I'd prefer to avoid Logitech products. I've looked at Saitek's Cyborg line, but since they're designed to be ambidextrous, only half of the buttons on the base are accessible without talking your hands off the stick. In other words, half of the buttons are unusable during play, which rules the Cyborg out unless there is nothing better. Oh, and I use joysticks mostly for older space and mech sims like Freespace 2 or Mechwarrior 3. Any thoughts?

22. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 14:33 space captain

yes, i am to blame for the failure of your mind to reach beyond its own narcissistic image

its your obsession with "personality", not mine..

i could honestly give a rats ass how i appear to you or anyone else. if thats "cool" for you, so be it

Go forth, and kill!

21. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2008, 14:19 Warhawk

the nature in which his comfortable illusion was shattered.. causing him to question his world, instead of imagining it revolves around him and exists only to serve his infantile desires

or rather, a temporary disruption in its incessant continuity

now the scar of that traumatic event holds nothing less than the fear of death for him and his tiny, tiny little world

Oh, you are just SO COOL! Can I also adopt a phony "nothing bothers me" attitude, too? Please? That would just be so, like, awesome!

:rolls eyes:

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

20. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 13:33 space captain

the nature in which his comfortable illusion was shattered.. causing him to question his world, instead of imagining it revolves around him and exists only to serve his infantile desires

or rather, a temporary disruption in its incessant continuity

now the scar of that traumatic event holds nothing less than the fear of death for him and his tiny, tiny little world

Go forth, and kill!

19. Re: just please keep your perspective Sep 11, 2008, 13:10 PHJF

The significance of the "loss" on 9/11 is due to the nature of the loss, not the size of the loss.

That's rubbish. It's not like like 2800 babies were killed. There were ~ half dozen kids killed, the rest were adults.

The nature of the loss due to car accidents is substantially more pronounced when the "nature" is determined by age.

So what nature are you using?

Steam + PSN: PHJF

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo