Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Demigod Beta Begins

Gas Powered Games announces that beta testing of Demigod is now underway for those who have preordered the action/strategy/role-playing game that's planned for release early next year. Word is: "Demigod's publisher Stardock will continue to provide limited access to the Betas through pre-order signups." Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 19:07 The Half Elf

Ok where the hell do I sign up for the beta?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 17:20 Prez

I'm afraid to get into the beta for fear that I'll be burned out with the game by the time it ships! I'll just wait for release, but it will be a long wait.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 16:21 Darks

Im on the Beta and let me just say that the game is a blast to play. The leveling up and special powers and the constant attacks from both side keep the game rolling with non stop action. Plus not having to constantly micromange the other units and concentrating on your hero and outfiting them with special items you buy is a nice change of pace. This is by far the best game GPG will be releasing todate.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 16:26.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

5. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 15:07 Trooper119

I appreciate your clarification, I was simply saying what could be done, I use GPG's betas as both a demo and a Beta, everyone in Beta should supply feedback, that is why they are there, since they are no means perfect at this point.

On another count, I thought around February the game was released, and Open beta was near the end of the year, was there an update (I last checked a month or two ago, but I think that is what it said then).

Honestly it makes more sense to me since from what I heard there will obviously be delays, seeing as where they currently are in development compared to what they plan on releasing but does anyone have a rough confirmed ballpark answer for this?

EDIT: From my experience GPG has generally more polished Betas then other companies do (at least Open Beta this is the case) but then again I don't recall them ever working with Stardock before so things may change, hard to say.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 15:09.

4. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 11:13 Bucky

From what I've seen Open Beta should be early to mid '09, with release coming after Stardock and GPG are happy with the results. Keep in mind that Stardock does not use their beta's as 'early demos' they are in fact, BETA testing. Typically early builds are just to stress the engine and host computer, and then they start adding in other stuff to make sure it all plays nice.

This'll probably get my money on release, if for no other reason than because Stardock is publishing it. I just plan to wait until release, I really have no interest in beta testing anymore.

3. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 10:32 Undocumented Alien

At some point they are supposed to come out with Open Beta after Closed raps up after a couple of rounds, so everyone can use that as a pre-demo (no idea if they are comming out with an actual demo or not).

Great, thanks for the information, I'll keep my eyes open for an announcement.

2. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 10:15 Trooper119

At some point they are supposed to come out with Open Beta after Closed raps up after a couple of rounds, so everyone can use that as a pre-demo (no idea if they are comming out with an actual demo or not). Considering I like Gas Powered Games, especially their previous RTS game, I'm definitely keeping this under close observation.
This comment was edited on Sep 10, 10:18.

1. No subject Sep 10, 2008, 09:48 Undocumented Alien

This game looks interesting, PC Gamer had an article about it last issue I believe. If they serve up a demo I would surely take a look at it.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo