Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Project Origin Becomes F.E.A.R. 2, Date Revealed

IGN reports that Warner Bros. and Monolith have regained the rights to the F.E.A.R. name, and have changed the title of Project Origin to F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin. This F.E.A.R. sequel previously could not use that title, as the F.E.A.R. name (but not the story) remained in the control of publisher Sierra. This puts an end to potential confusion caused by the F.E.A.R. sequel carrying a different title. WBIE and Monolith were able to secure the naming rights after the Activision Blizzard merger put the future of the Sierra brand in doubt. The article promises more details are coming soon and includes a video interview discussing the name change. They also nail down the release date for the game, which is February 10, 2009 for all platforms. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2008, 05:45 Shadowcat

Thanks, siapnar. The whole ATC thing, and the weapon similarities went right over my head Too long since I've played Shogo, clearly. I was amused that neither that article nor the comments the followed made reference to the one Shogo-related thing I'd seen in the game.

Oh, and for anyone reading this who is interested, Shogo is one of the initial titles in the gog.com catalogue! You'll be able to buy it DRM-free for US$6. Very cool.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2008, 20:10 siapnar

@Shadowcat: Here, this explains quite a bit of the similarities between games.

http://fullbright.blogspot.com/2008/02/concepts.html

I sure hope they make a SHOGO sequel, and not draw out the FEAR games too much.
This comment was edited on Sep 9, 20:11.

I have projectile dysfunction.

24. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2008, 07:45 Shadowcat

I'd take SHOGO 2 over NOLF3 any day.. although we may not get it because it appears as though FEAR is set in the same universe, kind of indicating that they are continuing SHOGO's legacy via FEAR.
Are you referring to that one easter-egg news bulletin from Radio Maritropa? I didn't see anything else in FEAR or FEAR:XP that referred to Shogo in any way. What did I miss?

23. ... Sep 9, 2008, 00:16 theyarecomingforyou

I'd like to see a more true sequel to Alien vs Predator.
Absolutely. The original was amazing, especially for multiplayer. Unfortunately the sequel was pretty terrible - the engine felt like a backwards steps, with the aliens coming across as very rigid / stiff and the atmosphere sadly lacking.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

22. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 21:30 Wallshadows

I'd like to see a more true sequel to Alien vs Predator. I think Monolith are quite capable at creating an atmosphere but lacked direction to make AvP 2 the hit it should have been. Even though I enjoyed it...  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

21. ... Sep 8, 2008, 21:12 theyarecomingforyou

I'm surprised that you're not familiar with that concept. It's probably because you're a twat.
Riley? Nuclear Watchdog? *shrugs*

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

20. Re: ... Sep 8, 2008, 20:53 [THA] Hamst3r

You think that's bad? I never actually played NOLF, Starcraft, Diablo or Deus Ex.

That's not that bad. I've played Starcraft, Diablo and Deus Ex (Twice!) and didn't like them at all.

I liked NOLF a lot though and I have NOLF 2 on my shelf but haven't played it yet.

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

19. Re: ... Sep 8, 2008, 20:48 Rosco

I never actually played NOLF, Starcraft, Diablo or Deus Ex (I played part of the demo but it didn't interest me)

I'd have to say out of that list you may want to give Deus Ex and NOLF a try. Deus Ex is a great FPS/RPG, a little dull at the beginning(which was the demo) but it picks up steam pretty quick. NOLF, the first one, is a humorous jaunt, hiding and listening to some of the conversations the NPC's have with each other adds to the great atmosphere. If you get your hands on it, try and find the GoTY NOLF1 game, should be able to locate it on some place like Amazon I would hope. GoTY has an extra level at the end of the game.

I'm not a teenager either, so it's not like they were before my time.
44 soon to be 45 years old here, but I didn't start playing games on PC's until around '98. Back then the PC was all about business for me, then I discovered games and this thing called the Voodoo card and I haven't looked back since.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 20:48.

Consoles are schwag.

18. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 20:29 siapnar

I'd take SHOGO 2 over NOLF3 any day.. although we may not get it because it appears as though FEAR is set in the same universe, kind of indicating that they are continuing SHOGO's legacy via FEAR. I did love the original FEAR game, but SHOGO had more style, zaniness and crazy-ass gameplay.

Shogo was one of those games where it was so bad that people like to pretend it was good.

Either that or people's opinions often differ concerning the entertainment value of each game. I'm surprised that you're not familiar with that concept. It's probably because you're a twat.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 20:38.

I have projectile dysfunction.

17. Re: ... Sep 8, 2008, 20:23 Jerykk

I never actually played NOLF, Starcraft, Diablo or Deus Ex (I played part of the demo but it didn't interest me).

/prepares the shotgun.

As for a new NOLF, while that would be wonderful, the game would be designed for the 360 and would end up being dumbed down anyway.

Oh, you should also give DX another chance. I didn't like the first level much until I played through it.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 20:30.

16. ... Sep 8, 2008, 20:15 theyarecomingforyou

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have never played Shogo
You think that's bad? I never actually played NOLF, Starcraft, Diablo or Deus Ex (I played part of the demo but it didn't interest me). It does surprise me that I've missed such apparently great gaming, especially as I've been gaming since Lemmings... I'm not a teenager either, so it's not like they were before my time.

15. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 19:58 Krovven

I enjoyed Shogo, but it definitely wasn't a "great game". Just a good one.

NOLF was good, NOLF 2 was great!

I'd take a new NOLF game any day.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 • Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

14. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 19:47 Rosco

I'm ashamed to admit it, but I have never played Shogo, but the game does look interesting. I used to like Mechwarrior, before MW4 so the premise of another Mech like game interests me, other then the anime stuff. I can't stand anime.
But trust me on this, if an announcement was made that NOLF3 was in the works the game world would implode. Both NOLF and NOLF2 were highly regarded and got great reviews, other than Contract J.A.C.K, but that's a different story. NOLF and NOLF2 had great gameplay, stealth, action, snowmobile and motorcycles, and some really good humor. And there is a large community at places like NOLF Girl and Unity HQ that would love to see it happen. I can only hope.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 19:55.

Consoles are schwag.

13. ... Sep 8, 2008, 19:47 theyarecomingforyou

Shogo was one of those games where it was so bad that people like to pretend it was good. It was enjoyable enough but a good game? Hardly. Worthy of a sequel? Well, not before the long list of other games that DO definitely deserve one.

12. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 19:44 Prez

At least that confusing mess is over with. Now I can focus on hoping it is a good game.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 18:04 Talisorn

Shogo 2 is a must!!!
Abso-bloody-lutely!!!

10. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 18:00 Slink

Please read more than just the headline.

I swear I read the whole thing. I'm an idiot.

- - - - - -
WoW: Darsius (Earthen Ring) -- TF2 and CoD4 (and other random FPSes): Slink(FSU)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

9. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 17:31 NiteX

Shogo 2 is a must!!!

8. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 17:22 The Half Elf

Sorry your request for MILF 3.. er NOLF 3 has been denied until Shogo 2 arrives.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Yes, NOLF3 please! Sep 8, 2008, 16:45 Jedi Master

As long as it stays away from Contract JACK stuff and sticks with NOLF stuff it can't fail. Well, it LIKELY can't.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo