Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

European WAR Beta Signups Resume Today

The European Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Website has an update on the problematic launch of European open beta testing of Mythic's upcoming MMORPG (story). Word is European WAR server operator G.O.A. has been hard at work on the underlying hardware and software issues, and to prevent registrations from overwhelming their capacity, things will be handled differently when they go back online today: "As a result, we will launch a new code validation page today at 16:00 CET. This new page will feature a delay between the input and the validation of the key. You will now receive a confirmation email within a few minutes of entering your key. On a related topic; if you created a war-europe account yesterday and have a validation email for this, these changes will allow you to follow that link and validate your account."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Patience People Patience Sep 8, 2008, 22:55 Paranoid Jack

I waited almost a year before getting into the beta. I know waiting sucks. Makes it worse when the company providing the servers in Europe bit off way more than they can chew. Just focus on something else pick up Spore. That will get you through at least a couple hours, maybe days...

Funny. Fion, you hate WAR when it's RvR is far better than AoC which you claim to love and advise people to be patient they are fixing it? I know after playing AoC regular button mashing combat isn't preferable but yet I can't help feel that you're exaggerating.

Had you already made up your mind about the game? It takes at least a few hours to level to a point where you won't be one shot killed on the RvR battlefields. So I assume you never even made it to that point? Must have just played a RvR instance and the nearest PQ? I don't know of any PQs that only take two minutes to play through. Which one was that?

If you don't like the way this one plays I have to assume you're burnt out on the standard MMO. Because your passing judgement on a game with only a few hours of play sounds like the so called professional reviewers who only play a few hours and then write a shitty review. Either way... to each his own.

"I have to say it is indeed the buggest open beta I have ever played. It makes AoC's open beta looks flawless. This game is going to be a disaster at release."

Can you give a little detail? Because you are either having server issues, system issues, or you're playing a different game than I've been testing for the last month or more. But again different strokes.

edit: I beta tested AoC also and this has far more polish than it. Not that AoC was bad either. I guess I've been testing games long enough to know that testing is testing. Not the final product. Plus they do a lot of server testing along with play testing which helps them to prepare for the launch. Also if you've played many you should know MMOs are never completely finished. I'm just saying there seems to be a lot of snap judgements and tempers flaring...

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 23:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 22:32 xXBatmanXx

the beta will be over before they fix the shit.

f them in their stupid asses. This beta was for me to find out if I wanted to try a MMORPG - well, this tells me I don't want to bother.

They didn't even (and won't) get a chance to sell me the game. Sad really.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. 9/8/2008 Account creation - 10:30 PM CET Sep 8, 2008, 18:45 Ant

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?lang=en&id_news=en119

9/8/2008 Account creation - 10:30 PM CET

"As we have announced before we have temporarily deactivated account creation on our web page to allow the database server to completely focus on the open beta code validation.

This procedure is efficient and you are finally able to register their codes slowly and access the game. Due to the large amount of the registration requests, this will still take several hours before all entries have been processed.

Because of this we will have to keep the account creation deactivated until tomorrow. Please be assured that every step we take is done to under the circumstances deliver WAR to Europe as soon as possible.

We thank you for your understanding and your patience. Naturally, we will give you an update about the situation tomorrow morning."

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

15. Re: Wow Sep 8, 2008, 18:09 Talisorn

Anyone else get bored with this one about 2 hours after the beta started?
No. But then again weren't you the same person who said that each of the archetypes played exactly the same? I guess after playing for 2 hours you could make such a comment. *sheesh*

14. Still can't get on their damn Web site. Sep 8, 2008, 15:48 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

13. Re: Wow Sep 8, 2008, 12:49 space captain

Anyone else get bored with this one about 2 hours after the beta started?

got bored with it before i even played it at all - thats why i like to ridicule anyone involved with this shit

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Wow Sep 8, 2008, 12:43 Xirix

I like the game that's why i'm so pissed about GOA and that fucking EA store.

11. Re: Wow Sep 8, 2008, 12:42 Fion

Anyone else get bored with this one about 2 hours after the beta started? I feel like I've been playing this MMOG for years already and am bored stiff. Doesn't help that the combat is just so god aweful for most classes. Bad animations, bad graphics, bad combat system. The public quests are the only thing slightly different from 'ho hum' about the game and even they are only 2 minutes of fun once or twice and you never do them again.

10. Re: Wow Sep 8, 2008, 12:38 Xirix

I'm still waiting for my fucking beta keys.

And the one key I have from another site...well you can't create an account because the account creation is down.

fuck you EA store and fuck GOA.

9. terminal kaleidescope Sep 8, 2008, 12:36 space captain

busted perfect shit .. gotta love it

or else

Go forth, and kill!

8. Wow Sep 8, 2008, 12:34 MMORPGHoD

It didn't take long for the "christmas eve" effect to wear off for the game, did it? Awesome to sucky in 6 seconds.

7. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 12:19 xXBatmanXx

You mean to say you actually got in? I still haven't after countless attempts to register on their site. This is the greatest French farce since the defence of the Maginot Line.

hjehehehehehehe Perfect.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

6. Re: No subject Sep 8, 2008, 12:11 sir

I have to say it is indeed the buggest open beta I have ever played. It makes AoC's open beta looks flawless. This game is going to be a disaster at release.

You mean to say you actually got in? I still haven't after countless attempts to register on their site. This is the greatest French farce since the defence of the Maginot Line.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 12:12.

5. gobble gobble Sep 8, 2008, 11:54 space captain

what?! a shitty MMORPG?? NO FUCKING WAY!!  
Go forth, and kill!

4. War Beta Sep 8, 2008, 11:51 Ozmodan

Certainly not for the impatient. I like to enjoy my leisure time, not be frustrated. Pretty much will give up on this build. Not sure if I will try it again, that is a big download.

Problems just as bad in the US version. They have some serious work ahead of them before the 18th.

This comment was edited on Sep 8, 11:52.

3. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 11:26 NiteX

I have to say it is indeed the buggest open beta I have ever played. It makes AoC's open beta looks flawless. This game is going to be a disaster at release.

2. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 10:19 Wallshadows

This close to release, I think I'll just wait and save myself some grief.  

1. No subject Sep 8, 2008, 09:50 xXBatmanXx

Busted shit.

I have moved on.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo