Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I've got a painful tooth and a sore back to contend with, so I'm trying not to overdose on Advil until I get to see Dr. Toothy. This tooth has been the cause of two different dentist switches, as I was unhappy with the original Dr. Toothy's diagnosis that it needed a root canal after he "fixed" it once, and I was unhappy with how his short-time successor "fixed" it without a root canal (as I knew then it wasn't completely right, and I am now proven correct). For the inevitable comments about my dental woes, I'll say it's a combination of bad genetics (both my parents had tooth issues) and bad luck, as I smashed my mouth in a bicycle accident in my youth. Oh well, otherwise I'm generally pretty healthy, so I'll gladly live with this situation compared with the real issues that so many have with their wellbeing.

Painless Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Fill In The Blank - Action Movies. 800. 300 was dumb, but I actually missed Fight Club!
Rocket Car 2.
Links: Video game belt buckles.
5 Cheap Tricks TV Shows Use To Keep You Watching.
Stories: Balls found inside 'rattling' dog. A pound by my estimation.
Third -Ghostbusters- In Development.
Raimi & Maguire Set For Spidey 4 & 5? Thanks nin.
Science: 'Jules Verne' awaits final voyage.
Media: Spoilers. Spoiler warning.
Squirrel Delays Sox-Indian Game -- Several Times.
Follow-ups: Scientists get death threats over Large Hadron Collider.
Pit Bull Rehab- Vick's Dogs Readied for Adoption.
Thousands watch spider 'wake up'. Thanks scuffer.
Cera Not Keen On "Arrested" Film.
Teh Funnies: Pearls Before Swine. Thanks brother19.
Popular comic strip ignites controversy. Thanks nin.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 03:51 Cutter

You can also go to dental hygenist schools for cleanings for like 10 bucks.

Blue, just get that pesky tooth yanked once and for all. Get an artificial implant if you need it.

"I couldn't stay away. Curse your rockin' tits!"
- Gerald Broflovski

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 03:49 Dan =0)

On fill in the blank - 800/1000. I missed "Saving Private Ryan" (never saw it) and Conair (been a long time since I'd seen it last...).

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

9. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 02:26 Fion

I enjoyed 300 as a 'show off my new 46' samsung and blueray player' enjoyed :p

Fight Club is a must own for any action fan. Put it on your netflix list at the very least.

8. Re: No subject Sep 7, 2008, 01:43 PHJF

I get the clean teeth feel every time I brush, because I bought one of those fancy expensive toothbrushes and I use fancy expensive toothpaste. Haven't been to a dentist in like two years.

I figure from now on I'll only go to the dentist when I have a problem, which is actually my same plan with all doctor-types. Dental technology has pretty much peaked, so dentists are moot as far as "check ups" go.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2008, 22:37 Dan =0)

Bah. I should schedule a trip to the dentist, seeing as I haven't been to one for a while - regardless of how well my teeth hold up, I have to agree about the "clean teeth feel."

On another note, picked up Microsoft FSX today. Oh boy is that thing a resource hug - but it sure looks purdy!

Anyone here multiplay that regularly? I wouldn't mind doing up a flight or two... though I just have a lowly Logitech Attack3 joystick...

Hopping into BF1942 (Desert Combat Final 0.7) now against a friend of mine... whee!

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

6. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2008, 21:40 xXBatmanXx

Really. I go get a cleaning and to the dentist maybe once every 4 years! My family does not have great teeth either. I just take care of them really well.

I have great teeth, and so does everyone in my family - I just don't think you can beat the clean teeth feel - no matter how well or how much you brush.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

5. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2008, 20:03 Enahs

I go 4x a year for cleanings, I pay for two of them. I have a great dentist.

Really. I go get a cleaning and to the dentist maybe once every 4 years! My family does not have great teeth either. I just take care of them really well.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

4. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2008, 19:14 xXBatmanXx

Getting the right dentist is possibly the most important part of a persons life. I learned a long time ago that buying dental insurance reduces not only the selection of dentists, but also what a dentist can do for you. I pay out of my own pocket and my dentist gives me a 20% reduction in price, plus throws in freebies; for example, I just had a bridge put in and it had gold for the back tooth and porcelin for the front...insurance would have required all gold. I only pay like $125 for a cleaning which is just 5 months of a normal $25/month insurance payment. It looks like the money is a wash, but the insurance companies make their money by restricting the quality of care.

I go 4x a year for cleanings, I pay for two of them. I have a great dentist. If I need something done, regardless of what insurance says, we discuss all options.

BTW: Gold isn't what you should be using in your mouth. There are numerous other options that will last longer.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: No subject Sep 6, 2008, 17:53 banddirector

I wish you could see my dentist; he's amazing. I had a chipped filling (from a filled cavity from my youth) that my dentist fixed with a crown. The crown was carved from a solid piece of porcelain with two computer-driven micro-drills, which worked from a 3-D image taken with a camera inserted into my mouth. After the image was taken, my dentist pulled up a computer next to my chair and showed me how he "edited" the digital image with mouse (it looked like a 3-D photoshop edit job!) to make it even better, then let me go into the next room where the micro-drill went to work etching the crown. It was fantastic to watch, and the whole procedure took about 90 minutes.

The new tooth is like better than the original. "We can rebuild him, only better ...."

-----------------------------------
The HD-DVD: silver medalist the most recent format war, a contest where everybody except gold is taken out back and shot through the head.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

2. Genetics Play A Major Roll Sep 6, 2008, 17:10 Paranoid Jack

I have great genetics... when it comes to teeth anyway.

My wife is always hoping I'll come out of the dentist office saying that I have a cavity... but I never do. Besides my wisdom teeth being removed in my mid to late teens I can't remember any other troubles since I was about eight years old.

I only brush once a day. Only floss occasionally. And my teeth are clean enough/white enough (besides the dead one, skateboarding accident as a kid) that I don't use any whitener other than special toothpaste.

Wish I was as lucky with my spine.

Hope you get that thing sorted out Blue.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 17:11.

1. No subject Sep 6, 2008, 14:08 Rockn-Roll

Getting the right dentist is possibly the most important part of a persons life. I learned a long time ago that buying dental insurance reduces not only the selection of dentists, but also what a dentist can do for you. I pay out of my own pocket and my dentist gives me a 20% reduction in price, plus throws in freebies; for example, I just had a bridge put in and it had gold for the back tooth and porcelin for the front...insurance would have required all gold. I only pay like $125 for a cleaning which is just 5 months of a normal $25/month insurance payment. It looks like the money is a wash, but the insurance companies make their money by restricting the quality of care.

Do yourself a favor and drop your insurance and go private pay...find a dentist that likes the same stuff as you...there must be a gamer that is also a dentist in your area...just keep calling around. And, be sure to ask what games...backgammon doesn't qualify.

Let's Rock!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo