Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bionic Commando Rearmed Patch

The Bionic Commando Website offers the first patch for the PC edition of Bionic Commando Rearmed. The new version should address performance issues encountered when playing the game on single-core computers. Word is the patch: "should get Rearmed up and running on your machine like molten butter."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 13:07 sponge

there's always a trick that makes each level pretty easy.

I had a similar experience with regards to the difficulty. With me, I would get my ass kicked on some levels and barely make it a minute. 10 minutes later of retries, I'll be storming through that same area not getting hit. It was a tough game even by NES standards, and I'm very happy to see it's doing so well-- there is a definite lack of challenging games nowadays.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 12:14 Flo

Bought it on XBLM and although,initially, I was close to throwing my controller out of the window (until I realized that playing the tutorial is the right thing to do) I thought it was great. You really have to learn that the game is not unfair- if you observe closely, there's always a trick that makes each level pretty easy.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

8. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 11:59 BicycleRepairMan

This game kicks ass, so over-easily worth $15, especially for us non-US citizens now that the dollar is practically worthless.

Protect Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the hero of our time.
http://www.petitiononline.com/hirsiali/petition.html

7. ... Sep 6, 2008, 11:06 theyarecomingforyou

I got it from GamersGate, as I really don't want to go anywhere near Direct2Drive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

6. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 09:57 Prez

Anywhere you can download this game via Digital Distribution? Steam and D2D don't have it.

EDIT: D2D does have it. Duh!

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 09:58.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. ... Sep 6, 2008, 02:04 theyarecomingforyou

Online multiplayer (not just coop) would have made the game amazing, though there is talk of the (inevitable) sequel supporting online play. Coop is great, though I personally prefer the Can't Touch The Floor deathmatch mode.

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

4. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 01:56 Overon

I wish it had online multiplayer coop for pc.

3. ... Sep 6, 2008, 01:47 theyarecomingforyou

I agree completely. Multiplayer is a blast. I'm just disappointed it wasn't released on Steam (apparently Valve were being too greedy).

2. Re: ... Sep 6, 2008, 01:26 Kxmode

BCR got a 90% on MetaCritic and tied with Mass Effect. It really is a super fun title and worth the $15.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
EA advocates nakedness instead of patience when dealing with problem services!

1. ... Sep 6, 2008, 01:00 theyarecomingforyou

It's such a simple game I'm surprised there were issues on any systems. NEway, this seems to be more of a hotfix than a traditional patch as it only seems to address performance on single-core systems.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo