Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Sales - Steam Clear Sky Delay

Steam News announces the latest of what seem like regular weekly sales, saying they are offering all id Software Games for 50% off. This offer ends September 8. In other news for bargain hunters, Steam is also now offering sales of Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, offering Funcom's MMORPG for 10% off until September 11. Finally, Steam News announces they are taking preorders for the Steam edition of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, offering 10% off of purchases before the release date of September 15. This has caused some consternation on the Steam forums, as the game supposed to be available for online purchase when it arrived in stores (story). Thanks theyarecomingforyou.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. No subject Sep 6, 2008, 00:01 Nuclear Watchdog

Not a bad price for the id superpack. Throw in all the cool mods that work with these games (doom legacy, doomsday, dark places, quake2dotnet, etc) and this isn't bad at all.  
================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. ... Sep 5, 2008, 23:04 theyarecomingforyou

I do not get it? It comes out in NA on the 15th when it is released on Steam on the 15th?
The European release was pushed back because of the incompetent US publisher (forgot to include serial keys). The game is available at retail here but we can't buy it on Steam for over a week.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Conan for 10% off? Sep 5, 2008, 22:32 Umbragen

Wait a another month or two and you'll be able to pick it up for the cost of shipping. By the end of the year the major brick and mortar's will be dumping their stock on Ebay.

4. No subject Sep 5, 2008, 22:22 Bone43

This has caused some consternation on the Steam forums, as the game supposed to be available for online purchase when it arrived in stores.

Last I checked it was recalled from 9/3 until 9/15 at retail
stores. any one seen it on the shelf in the US yet?

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 22:23.

3. Re: ... Sep 5, 2008, 22:21 Enahs

I do not get it? It comes out in NA on the 15th when it is released on Steam on the 15th?

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

2. Re: ... Sep 5, 2008, 22:17 xXBatmanXx

Yeah, I find my game buying 50/50. I can't justify the prices on Steam when gogamer is 50% of that.

(But I did get the id package....cause well, I can't pass up a good deal - and I don't know where half of my discs are)

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. ... Sep 5, 2008, 22:05 theyarecomingforyou

I'm thoroughly tempted to just buy Clear Sky at retail and give up on Steam altogether. The same sort of thing occurred with Bionic Commando Rearmed, except instead of being delayed it was announced it wouldn't be release at all on Steam.

Call Of Duty 4 is twice the price on the Steam Store at it is buying a physical copy. For the price of Clear Sky on Steam I could get the Limited Edition at retail - not only that even if I order it now I'll still get it long before it's available on Steam. Bioshock is and was more expensive. Most games are more expensive, while games like Far Cry 2 aren't even available in the UK.

I want to support digital distribution but I don't understand why it is more expensive, more restrictive and more trouble than it's worth. At least if I give up on Steam I can end my boycott of Ubisoft games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo