Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A on IncGamers chats with Oleg Yavorsky about GSC Game World's new first-person shooter prequel. They discuss how the game's story fits in with Shadow of Chernobyl, differences in zones, AI improvements, lessons learned from the original game, details on factions, the addition of guides, multiplayer support, DirectX 10 features, and the possibility that the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series will stalk consoles some day.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 21:40 Paranoid Jack

Have you ever shot a real AK? They jump like crazy. Just watch any of the videos on the net of the freedom fighters in Iraq.

The first shot and maybe the second in a burst should be near your aimed target but there is more skill to it than a game can convey.

If you're on full auto you are basically in spray and pray mode? Without sufficient training to control the area of spread.

If you were complaining about the damage model I would probably jump on the band-wagon since I think the damage was a bit weak especially with the higher caliber weapons. Anyone hit by a .50 caliber Dragunov ( http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn18-e.htm ) should be dead if not down to be dead shortly after being hit. Head shots unless a grazing blow would rarely leave the target alive let alone able to continue fighting back. Unlike the game.

I'm all for realism in games but it's my opinion they did a great job with Stalker as far as the weapons ballistics go. Wish the sounds were a bit more meatier but still they were good enough.

Still one of the best shooters I've played. Looking forward to this one buggy or not... I am down.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 18:51 Cabezone

Why would I want more accurate weapons? Maybe I prefer to actually hit what I'm aiming at when it's close. I don't find it "realistic" to have a random chance hitting a target inside 50 meters...hell even inside 100 should be over 90%. If any of you know anything about shooting you'll know that those ranges are increadably easy to hit with just a little practice, I'm talking semi auto rifle with iron sights. I shouldn't have to stick my AK under a dudes chin to ensure a hit.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 18:53.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

7. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 18:07 Verno

Reviews are coming in and many are commenting on the huge amount of bugs, especially in the DX10 version. I'm pretty weary of picking this up after being burned by the first game. It was fun overall but there were so many issues that almost ruined the experience. Anyone have their hands on this yet and care to comment for those of us who are on the fence?

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

6. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 15:49 [THA] Hamst3r

And I hear there are three separate endings?

Seven, actually.

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

5. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 14:46 DDI

Yes the odd thing about the first game is once you get over the pistol/dbl shotgun hump and get the submachine gun, it actually gets somewhat easier from there.

4. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 14:42 Paranoid Jack

Why would you want more accurate weapons? As long as you use cover and move around the close combat, hell even mid-ranged combat was a breeze. Only using the sniper rifles with the range finders was a bit tricky at times.

I thoroughly enjoyed the early stages of the game. The difficulty of taking out half a dozen targets with that crappy little pistol. Even after picking up a sawed-off shotgun it was still a nice challenge. Then you get your first silenced pistol and it becomes a hardcore stealthy shooter, if you want it to be.

Once you got the better weapons it was far too easy. The Gause (or whatever it was called) gun that shot railroad spikes was pretty much an instant kill weapon. Good thing they saved it until late in the game and gave limited ammo.

Even the special weapons like the faster firing AKs made the game a bit too easy. At least for me...

As far as Clear Sky goes I am a bit worried now myself. Because they made a lot of improvements to the inventory and bartering system. How could this one not be as good? I better dig up those reviews.

Edit: About the Stalker mods... I tried a couple mods early on that stopped the weapons/armor from degrading and that was kind of nice. But I never reinstalled them after I built my new system and reinstalled the game. I must have played the first half of the game at least a half dozen times before making it near the end-game. And I hear there are three separate endings?

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 14:47.

3. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 14:10 Cabezone

Anybody know of a mod that just improves the accuracy of the weapons? The ones I found did all kinds of other shit that I didn't want.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

2. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 13:35 Krovven

Yea I'm kinda worried about Clear Sky now, seeing as I couldn't even get into the first one due to too many design flaws and bugs. Even trying to play it again last month with mods, the save games kept getting corrupted and I just gave up.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

1. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 13:25 Overon

The few reviews of this game that are currently out are disturbing. Seems like the few reviews agree that the original is better than this one.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo