Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. ... Sep 3, 2008, 18:03 theyarecomingforyou

One thing I found interesting was this:
"There are some fantastic scripted events - such as invisible monsters emerging from the dark and slaughtering the team that accompanies you, or the bandits mugging you and taking your stuff rather than killing you - and these suggest that there is a great game inside Clear Sky"
In all the other reviews it said about how annoying the bandits were yet this game mentioned it as a strength. Bizarre.

NEway, the game is averaging 78 on Metacritic... just 4 off the score of the original and with plenty more reviews due. I'm still hopeful and I'm not just trying to bury my head in the sand. At the same time STALKER was hugely under appreciated (I know because I used to be one of those people!) so it's possible there is still a great game in there that will be improved considerably with patches and mods.

I'm much more concerned about the talk of a further delay, pushing back the release to the 15th (due to the US publisher fucking up the serial codes with the game). Direct2Drive apparently has it listed as that and Steam hasn't started a preload (which seems unusual). I just hope a mistake by the US publisher doesn't affect the EU release, especially when the Russian version is already out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 15:42 Krovven

All 3 reviews I've read in the last few days have been startling similar, but it took until someone pointing it out to notice that the 3 reviewers are also the 3 bloggers on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. People are coming up with conspiracy theories about it even. Don't know what to make of it myself, but it's definitely interesting.

That would almost make sense, as they most likely all shared notes when writing their reviews.

Game is still averaging 78%, still lots of reviews to come. You always need to question the reviews that are published that quickly. STALKER averaged 82%, so far Clear Sky isnt far off.

With that said, I was always skeptical of Clear Sky, and still am.

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/
This comment was edited on Sep 3, 15:44.

8. Re: Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 15:37 Krovven

Is Street Figter IV a PC Game???

The review was on the Arcade version. What kind of review doesn't even mention what platform the game is for? I did a search, Arcade isn't mentioned once in the review.

As for whether it's coming to PC...Google is your friend.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38907/Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Release-Confirmed

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

7. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 14:06 xXBatmanXx

After all of these years, it brings warmth to my hear to see a review of a Street Fighter game in 2008.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: No subject Sep 3, 2008, 13:49 Bet

ouch -- there are enough reviews now -- Clear Sky was a disappointing fumble. Genuinely a shame for us PC gamers...

All 3 reviews I've read in the last few days have been startling similar, but it took until someone pointing it out to notice that the 3 reviewers are also the 3 bloggers on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. People are coming up with conspiracy theories about it even. Don't know what to make of it myself, but it's definitely interesting.

5. Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 13:19 theyarecomingforyou

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

4. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 09:00 dryden555

ouch -- there are enough reviews now -- Clear Sky was a disappointing fumble. Genuinely a shame for us PC gamers...

3. Re: Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 08:05 4D-Boxing

Basedon the reviews up to now it seems reviewers find the game to hard?! Good thing for me ...

SO now we have scores going from 70 to 88%. If the main flaw is the level of difficulty ...number of enemies etc...it will at least be achallenge compared to most games. At least I hope.

PS. street fighter is supposed to come out on the pc as well.

2. Re: Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 04:51 InBlack

Yeah Im staying clear of this (no pun intended)

Is Street Figter IV a PC Game??? The article doesnt make it clear, but if it is? Where can I get it?

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 04:52.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Clear Sky Sep 3, 2008, 01:07 Jerykk

...and the hits keep on coming.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo