Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Red Alert Free This Weekend; RA2 for RA3 Preorders

Electronic Arts announces a two-pronged promotion to highlight the history of the Red Alert series and pave the way for this holiday season's release of the third installment of the C&C RTS spin-off. Things begin on Sunday, when to celebrate the 13th anniversary of the launch of the Command & Conquer series they will offer the original Red Alert as a free download from www.RedAlert3.com. Further, those who preorder Red Alert 3 will receive Red Alert 2 for free, making the entire RA series available for the cost of one game. Preorder customers will also receive a Red Alert retrospective, a Premiere Edition sneak peek, desktop wallpapers, and, when Red Alert 3 ships, an exclusive (huh?) multiplayer Red Alert 3 map.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: meh Aug 29, 2008, 19:26 Prez

...or you could realize that is like comparing apples and oranges and enjoy both RA AND CoH.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. meh Aug 29, 2008, 18:33 Fausticle

I liked it better when it was called Dune2.

Honestly people need to stop buying this crap. Maybe then they would actually move on and make something different.

CoH puts all this crap to shame.

7. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 17:18 Optimaximal

Didn't all the people who were new to C&C and wanted to catch up buy C&C First Decade when C&C 3 was announced anyway?

6. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 16:17 z3razerviper

Plus it comes with free spyware by securom absolutely free compliments of EA and Sony.

5. No subject Aug 29, 2008, 15:28 Zzet

I strongly recommend anyone who hasn't played the original Red Alert to pick it up when it becomes available. The whole game is great, and the soundtrack is really rather catchy. It doesn't beat the original C&C soundtrack of course, but nothing ever will.

4. Re: A decent promotion Aug 29, 2008, 15:06 Wowbagger_TIP

What good is an exclusive multiplayer map? You can only play against other pre-order people? That's just kinda dumb.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

3. Will it work on XP / Vista? Aug 29, 2008, 14:49 NobleAtreides

Will the free RA game, and the lan, and the online work in XP and or Vista?

2. Re: A decent promotion Aug 29, 2008, 13:55 Ecthelion

Does this include the expansions for RA1 and 2?

1. A decent promotion Aug 29, 2008, 13:31 Prez

That's actually not bad. I already own RA 1 and 2, but this is a good move to bring those who don't up to speed with the series. I loved RA 2 - it straddled the line between realism and goofiness perfectly.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo