Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bionic Commando: Rearmed a Sales JUGGERNAUT

The Bionic Commando Website highlights the positive reviews garnered by Bionic Commando: Rearmed and has news that their digital release of the platformer remake has sold over 130,000 units via digital download. They describe this as a "friggin JUGGERNAUT" in the world of digital distribution, saying "we have set a standard in digital gaming," and, "The bar has been raised."

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: No subject Aug 26, 2008, 18:56 BicycleRepairMan

Bought it from GamersGate, their Downloader thing is complete shite, (I bought the Penumbra games there as well) but I didnt have any trouble this time, I do find it strange that I cant get their store/browsing function actually working in their download-manager. But its pretty straight forward. Once downloaded and installed,(you need the serial which is listed next to the name of the game in the downloader to install) its all good, because you never have to fire up Gamersgate again, the game installs stand-alone.

Protect Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the hero of our time.
http://www.petitiononline.com/hirsiali/petition.html

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 22:37 Kamakazie

Jesus, you people are dense. Jeryyk is one of this site's biggest proponents for piracy, he's just making fun of Crytek and all the other developers who blame piracy for their sales woes.

Sarcasm doesn't trasmit well over the internet :p
Devs that blame piracy for poor sales are dense, it doesn't explain why other PC games actually do sell well. Its like they're in denial! Its sad, really.

19. ... Aug 25, 2008, 21:59 theyarecomingforyou

I checked the US site and it is indeed available direct from Capcom. Unfortunately that doesn't apply to Europe. Digital distribution does my fucking head in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 20:24 .Drifter

I bought it directly from Capcom, and as far as I know I didn't have to install anything to use it. Other than the game that is.

17. ... Aug 25, 2008, 20:10 theyarecomingforyou

I bought it on GamersGate because I was really looking forward to it but I know people that were definitely going to grab it on Steam that decided instead to pass on it. It's also disappointing that I have to install another piece of middleware simply to play one game... I'd have much rather bought it on Steam.

NEway, it's a great game and it deserves to do well. Multiplayer is an absolute blast, though it's disappointing that there's no online mode.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

16. sweet Aug 25, 2008, 19:45 Fausticle

I wish this company all the best of luck!

15. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 19:39 VT Hoodlum

Considering this game has yet to be cracked, I disagree.

Jesus, you people are dense. Jeryyk is one of this site's biggest proponents for piracy, he's just making fun of Crytek and all the other developers who blame piracy for their sales woes.

14. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 19:38 Jerykk

Nonsense. Alone in the Dark PC has yet to be cracked too but it's still selling poorly. Games only sell poorly because of piracy. Therefore, piracy is to blame for anything not selling 10 million units within a week.

13. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 19:33 Kamakazie

This would have sold 10 million units if it wasn't for piracy.

12. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 19:31 elefunk

Are they so sure that that's better than Audiosurf did upon release? That game started as a sales monster, instantly making the developer a millionaire according to Valve, and continues to top sales charts especially after the $5 special over the weekend.

11. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:35 CrimsonPaw

All I can say is...people are idiots. Referring specifically to the reviewers that should be aware of what they are reviewing. You have a Bionic claw for a reason. Do modern reviews have any fucking clue what GAMEPLAY is?
No shit, and for anyone, like myself, who thoroughly enjoyed the original you didn't find the lack of a jump button to be a hindrance at all since the ORIGINAL didn't have one. Either way, this game is well worth the price of admission!

~~Crim~~

10. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 18:16 Krovven

1) The lack of no jump button (Of which I would again remind people that it's Bionic Commando and you should not be required to add a jump button to everything).

All I can say is...people are idiots. Referring specifically to the reviewers that should be aware of what they are reviewing. You have a Bionic claw for a reason. Do modern reviews have any fucking clue what GAMEPLAY is?

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Civilization Revolution, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesn
This comment was edited on Aug 25, 18:20.

9. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 17:46 Jerykk

10 MILLION UNITS!!!1!!1

8. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 17:40 Fion

NO it wouldn't have sold near 10 million units. It's a small game, an old one that the vast majority of gamers have never heard of the original. That and the game had hardly any marketing. Hell it was barely covered in E3.

I'd say it probably wouldn't have sold more then 200k without Piracy. I mean for $15 I'd be willing to beta a whole hell of a lot more people bought it then pirated it.

Also if it were on Steam it probably could have sold at least 50k more then it did. Steam is the top digital distribution service around. That they couldn't come to an agreement over the game did little but drop their sales.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 17:41.

7. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 17:25 Jerykk

This would have sold 10 million units if it wasn't for piracy.

6. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2008, 17:18 Flo

And they have established a great beachhead for the upcoming 3D title.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

5. No subject Aug 25, 2008, 17:17 xXBatmanXx

Damn. $2M! Amazing. The power of digital distribution.

Just goes to show you the classics this many years later are better than a lot of current titles! They sure did a great job of making platformers back in the day!

Continue to crank out titles of yesteryear with updated graphics, and I will continue to buy. Emulators are great, but it is amazing how great this game looks. Like a TF2 platformer-sidescroller.

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 17:14 nin

Mega Man 9 will beat this.

I'm not sure. On the one hand, it'll be on all three consoles (but not the PC?). But the consoles have had a number of MM games over the years (and reissues on compilation discs, like the one I use on the Nintendo), and I can't help but wonder if the part of the success of BC is due to the fact that's it's been so long w/o a follow up, when people have expressed interest in one.

That, coupled with the fact that MM9 doesn't appear to have much in the way of enhanced graphics, makes me wonder how much interest there will be for it...

I'll get it, I'm just not sure it'll sell as well...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 17:06 Stu Pidasso

Mega Man 9 will beat this.

2. Re: ... Aug 25, 2008, 17:01 Krovven

Questions they should be asking is how many more they could have sold if the price point was $10 instead of $15? And how many more would have sold if it was on Steam?

----------------------------------------------------
Trackmania United Forever, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Civilization Revolution, GRID

PSN= Puscifer73 Trackmania= puscifer604
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesn

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo