Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bionic Commando Trailer

A new trailer for Bionic Commando shows the evolution of the series from its side-scrolling origins, through the just-released Rearmed remake (story), through the upcoming fully 3D sequel. The clip can be found on ActionTrip, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell. On a related note, this page has the Bionic Commando Rearmed launch trailer.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2008, 08:59 Dmitri_M

This looks great.

Reminds me of MDK, the scale of the environments.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 09:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Wilhelm scream Aug 17, 2008, 05:53 CeeJay

Did anyone else notice the Wilhelm scream in the Rearmed launch trailer ?

I'm the developer of SweetFX

12. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2008, 01:55 Beaner

Wow this is looks very cool. Finally an FPS that isnt just walk strafe run

11. No subject Aug 16, 2008, 19:49 Xero

If you never played the original BC, don't even talk about jumping. You don't deserve to complain. BC was a masterpiece for it's time. I proudly owned it and when I got it, I had no idea just how great it was. Picked it up at a rental store that let me buy for a few bucks more. Little did I know I stumbled upon a gem. Great game for it's time. I think I honestly loved it more than SMB3. The arm was what really made it stand out and kicked balls. Jumping is for panseys.

Currently playing: Skyrim

10. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 18:27 Ludomancer

Honestly, I always felt a jump button was missing from the game as well. However, you have to accept that if the original Bionic Commando had a jump, the stages would be designed around that. Just adding that mechanic in with the existing design would make it too easy, but if the level design accounted for that you'd just get the same game with slightly more control.

9. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 16:04 Fion

I agree, a jump button would make some of the harder tricks easy as pie. If you really know how to use your arm good you can get into areas you would never think you could reach.

Jump simply would make the game to easy. But then again, this is a remake of an 80's game. By comparison.. every game these days is far to easy. But then again, how many games come out these days that are designed to actually be challenging beyond not getting hit in a FPS game.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 16:04.

8. No subject Aug 16, 2008, 15:28 xXBatmanXx

I thought we had already seen this video?

I am having fun with Rearmed - great remake. has everything ha tmade the original great plus some.

I am really looking forward to Evolution.

I'd settle for a jump button in Rearmed
I don't understand everyone's bitching on this....is it because you never played the original? I think no jump is awesome - it is what made the game so challenging the first time around!

The cause of all these evils wa
s the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

This comment was edited on Aug 16, 15:30.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

7. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 15:05 Stanly Manly

That video made me moist.

6. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 13:44 Fion

Rearmed is an absolute blast. If they can keep the Bionic Commando feel to with a new fully 3d modern action game, I'm sure it'll sell like hotcakes.

But this time they best get it on Steam at release. I had to buy Rearmed off D2D.. ich.

5. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 10:30 nin

That looks like so much fun it's silly. I have heard the controls are pretty hard at first, but if mastering them gives you a pretty wide variety of options for certain scenarios, this will be a classic.
There's another video on the Gamershell website showing the multiplayer gameplay as well.

I had no interest in the BC remake (only the Rearmed side scrolling one), but if this is the same video you get as apart of buying the game on Live (which I watched a few nights ago), it looks badass.

If they can give me a decent demo, I'd be pretty much sold on it...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Taking over your town, assholes!"

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

4. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 10:20 Ludomancer

Yeah, the original Bionic Commando didn't have a jump either. From looking at the footage of it I'd say they were trying to keep it exactly the same as the NES version, with only a graphical overhaul.

3. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 08:51 The Half Elf

I'd settle for a jump button in Rearmed

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 07:27 Ludomancer

That looks like so much fun it's silly. I have heard the controls are pretty hard at first, but if mastering them gives you a pretty wide variety of options for certain scenarios, this will be a classic.
There's another video on the Gamershell website showing the multiplayer gameplay as well.

1. No subject Aug 16, 2008, 05:20 AcidDrone

first ive seen of that full 3d remake of the original, looks friggen awesome, hope it doesn't bomb.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo