Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grand Theft Auto IV PC

Rockstar Games Announces Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC for release this November, confirming strong suspicions that a PC edition of the open world action game was on the way:

Grand Theft Auto IV will be arriving on the PC on November 18th and 21st in North America and Europe, respectively

“We are very excited to be releasing the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV,” said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. “The whole team is dedicated to bringing an amazing gaming experience to the PC. The game looks and plays beautifully on PC and we can’t wait for people to play it.”

Developed by series creator Rockstar North and set in Liberty City, the latest installment in the enormously successful Grand Theft Auto series features a painstakingly detailed and life-like city for players to explore; a rich, immersive narrative experience; an original soundtrack highlighting the cultural eclecticism of Liberty City; and newly expanded multiplayer just for the PC.

For more information please visit: http://www.rockstargames.com/IV.

View
58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

58. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2008, 05:33 Dmitri_M

PC Gaming isn't dying. Gaming in general is at a lowpoint. All gaming, consoles too. And games aren't shit because they're ports. They're just plain shit to begin with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

57. No subject Aug 22, 2008, 22:49 [VG]Reagle

Wheres can I download crack for this ???  

I am MUCH MUCH better now.

56. No subject Aug 20, 2008, 13:34 Tanto Edge

This is true. Many of todays games are unfortunately made for console which means they are designed for the stupid.
This is not to say that you or I am a dumbkopff for playing on console, this is to say that when you design on console, you're designing for younger gamers who don't quite have the mental capacity for micromanagement.

Personally, I think that if a game would arrive on PS3, packaged with a keyboard and mouse (or a wireless keyboard with a trackball built in... what a concept), then we'd see gamers on console evolve to the PC gamers level.

Y'see, I play console, but I started life as a PC gamer. I've made levels for all sorts of games, made textures, music, sounds, etc. I'm used to a certain type of PC game. The type that people add shit to.

Console games have no community. For some reason people still bother to talk about BioShock. Who gives a shit? It was a great game, yes, but that's it. Once you've finished it, the only replay value you have is in the achievements.
I wrapped that game twice and don't want to bother a third time.
System Shock 2? I have wrapped that game literally more times than I kept track of. I played it when I was younger, and in my later years I've played it more than I played other games!
I find System Shock 2 more engaging overall.

Same thing with the Thief series. The first two were awesome and I loved playing through them, or even editing the text files and starting at various missions, just to see if I've still got the old Garrett in me.
Deadly Shadows? Sorry, but while I appreciate the open world concept, it just didn't work in this game and the first person third person hackery detracted even further because it messed with the control. Sure you got used to it, but it was never the same level of control that you had in the first games.
The first games felt like you were controlling a person. The third game felt like you were controlling ... something.
Sticks vs. Keyboard and Mouse... I don't get it.

Then there's the case of UT3, where we had the opportunity to have inter-platform gaming! But Noooo! We couldn't just ship the game with a PS3 wireless keyboard with a trackball built into it. We had to SLOW DOWN the game so people using sticks could keep up to it.

I've fucking had it. STOP MAKING FPS GAMES FOR STICKERS! This is getting ludicrous!
Make console games for console, make PC games for PC. We'll code and download and distribute emulators and buy BluRay drives for our computers if we want a PS3 title on PC.
Just stop with all the 'porting' because all you keep doing it ruining someone's experience. Or worse, giving game trailers a reason to make fraudulent videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

55. Re: No subject Aug 17, 2008, 09:29 dryden555

LMN8R. yes and no. Much of what is released now to PC is a port from a console. And the folks making these games talk about the console version as the primary release in interviews with the media. This is a direct change from the way PC games were 5 years ago. Porting is seldom a good thing -- bitmaps and polygons are lesser and fewer in order to "fit" on a console's hardware. Hence Ive got a 360 and I'm enjoying it. But I miss the single-player games of PC gaming's 1990's and we're not seeing those on the consoles except in watered-down forms (oblivion and bioshock and Mass Effect). All fun games but expressly "made for console"

54. No subject Aug 16, 2008, 21:28 [VG]Reagle

PC GAMES 8=====D CONSOLE GAMES  

53. Re: No subject Aug 12, 2008, 20:22 elefunk

Given the radically small number of new PC games coming out this year, the "issue" of copy protection is sadly moot. Buy a console and hope things pick up next year for PC gaming.
What the hell are you smoking? Let's look at the PC's 2008 lineup, shall we?

Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Sins of a Solar Empire
Warhammer Online
STALKER: Clear Sky
Crysis Warhead
Far Cry 2
Brothes in Arms: Hell's Highway
Spore
Left 4 Dead
Wrath of the Lich King
Mirror's Edge
Space Siege
Sam and Max: End of season 2, beginning of season 3
Devil May Cry 4
Age of Conan
Penny Arcade: Episode One
Fallout 3
Civ IV: Colonization
Dead Space
Borderlands
Mercenaries 2
Project Origin

Maybe not all suited to your tastes, but all of them decent games at least. That doesn't even include some great games like Crazy Machines 2, Trials 2, and other fantastic indie games.

Heck, practically every single console game worth getting excited about is also coming to PC, and for every one that isn't, there's a game like Spore, Clear Sky, or Crysis Warhead that'll probably offer far more quality than any of them.

52. Re: No subject Aug 12, 2008, 19:56 Prez

... Buy a console...

NEVER!!!!!X|

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

51. No subject Aug 12, 2008, 08:40 dryden555

Given the radically small number of new PC games coming out this year, the "issue" of copy protection is sadly moot. Buy a console and hope things pick up next year for PC gaming.

50. No subject Aug 10, 2008, 21:12 [VG]Reagle

SCREW CONSOLES. I DONT CARE IF I AM A DINOSAUR.

PC GAMING SORTA RULES

This comment was edited on Aug 10, 21:12.

49. Re: Strong copy protection potential. Aug 9, 2008, 18:18 Ray Marden

Go ahead and write me off as a pirate.

We purchased the 360 version because my girlfriend likes playing on the console and for the ability to network with more of her friends.

As such, I won't be buying it again on the PC. Therefore, I must be a pirate...
Mafia > GTA. KTHX!
Not bitter at all about the piracy thing %),
Ray

-----
That's not pollution, it's only mist.
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

48. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 13:09 xXBatmanXx

"Niko? What a stupid name. Man, those console kids sure have low naming standards."

But I thought his name was "Loud Mouthed Prick".

The cause of all these evils was the lust for power arising from greed and ambition; and from these passions proceeded the violence of parties once engaged in contention.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

47. No subject Aug 8, 2008, 10:30 Brainp0wa

I liked San Andreas on the PC but after playing IV on my 360, I don't think I would bother with the PC version even if my old PC would run it.

I am looking forward to the comments from the PC only folks around here after the game is released. Don't forget that anything you don't like about the game is purely because of its console roots.

"Niko? What a stupid name. Man, those console kids sure have low naming standards."

46. Re: ... Aug 7, 2008, 11:43 xXBatmanXx

I love cops and robbers. SOmetimes though, the rounds will end so quick and then you are back in the lobby with another 3 minutes of queue and host kicking BS. You exit out if the host picks lame options you dont want, and even though there are like 300k people playing online, you rejoin the same game over and over. Give me a dedicated server PLEASE.

We didn't have a problem with that using friends lists, just made a private game, worked great.

My gripe (and hopefully it will be "fixed" QUICKLY with the PC version) was the small number of players per "server".

A dedicated server, or a "good" computer can trump a 360 or ps3 anyday of the week. I can't wait for 20 v 20 mods of cops and robbers with bank heists, chases, etc etc etc.

This MP stuff belongs on the PC.

Go look at the SA mods, 100 player servers! WOOT! GTA4 with 100 players. BOIOIOIOIOIOIOIOIING!

Have you ever been to American wedding?
Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?
Where is the supply that gonna last three days?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

45. Re: ... Aug 7, 2008, 05:55 Evil Timmy

In GRID, I'm actually just finishing up the Japanese races, and I've got two or three of the world circuit championships to do before I've completed everything, and that all on PC. Of course, I played and actually won the Indy 500 in the old Indy DOS game, so my keyboard-racing-fu is strong. In GRID, I highly suggest you tweak the input settings (under Advanced) to find a sweet spot, usually just 10% off the defaults. The only thing that I find really difficult, playing on the setting above Normal, is drifts, where even tapping the acceleration precisely isn't enough to pull off great drifts. Everything else is a great challenge, and it's the first game in a while that really makes you pick good lines and late-apex most every turn. After getting back into the habit post-NFS, it's a lot of fun.

GTAIV PC, sans stupid lockon system, should be really enjoyable, and hopefully prettier with AA that actually works and no pop-in (or even the occasional 5 second freeze when I'm hauling ass) with a 2GB+ system. Saving isn't a huge issue, as it'll probably save after every successful mission a la the console versions, but quicksave is never a bad option to have.

44. Re: ... Aug 6, 2008, 23:51 SacredGinmill

I have GTA4 on my 360 and the multiplayer is a blast, but everytime I play I just keep thinking how much better it can be on a PC.

I love cops and robbers. SOmetimes though, the rounds will end so quick and then you are back in the lobby with another 3 minutes of queue and host kicking BS. You exit out if the host picks lame options you dont want, and even though there are like 300k people playing online, you rejoin the same game over and over. Give me a dedicated server PLEASE.

I think GTA RACE mode is a blast, but there really isnt a point in even doing it if you dont set the number of laps to 6 7 or 8. Set at 2 laps, the person who wrecks bad will never catch another racer or be passed by anyone the remainder of the race. At 8 laps, that person who is dead last and has no chance can block the on ramp with a greyhound and cause all kinds of chaos to race leaders.
Unfortunately you join a lobby and the host will set the laps to two, you exit and rejoin and get the same crap. You spend 5 minutes in the lobby for a race that last 4 minutes.

I want dedicated servers.
I want pages of dedicated servers, let me pick the one I like with the ping I like with map/race voting at the end of a round.

43. Re: ... Aug 6, 2008, 22:35 Jerykk

I don't keep up with piracy but Gamecopyworld has a crack listed; it's apparently been up there for over a month. Honestly though, is that game really worth pirating?

AITD has yet to be properly cracked. Either the protection is really tough and the groups haven't been able to crack it or they just don't care enough to bother because the game is so crappy.

With a high-profile release like GTA4, however, you can bet your ass that the groups will dedicate themselves to the cause. Whichever group cracks it first gets to add it to their list of triumphs.

On another note, I should point out that GTA4 for the 360 was pirated by thousands of people.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 22:39.

42. No subject Aug 6, 2008, 21:22 [VG]Reagle

So is there a crack out for the PC version of GTA4 yet ?  

41. ... Aug 6, 2008, 21:08 theyarecomingforyou

Maybe if they put a certain developers name on the box they'd be "scene group" free. Not looking at anyone from this board mentioned in my sig. Honest.
lol, I guessed who you meant before even looking at your sig.

I'd simply suggest putting on what their running on AITD. Either the pirates can't be bothered because the game is poo or it's uncrackable.
I don't keep up with piracy but Gamecopyworld has a crack listed; it's apparently been up there for over a month. Honestly though, is that game really worth pirating?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

40. ... Aug 6, 2008, 21:03 theyarecomingforyou

So with all these people saying "PC gaming is dead" they are still releasing big titles like this, sure its a port but it looks like a fun game.
Exactly. I've had plenty of great gaming with ports / multi-platform games like GRID, Bioshock, Call Of Duty 4 and Mass Effect, with GTA4 soon to follow (with Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway, Far Cry 2 and Crysis: Warhead being potentially good / great games as well). There are still great PC exclusives coming up (Spore, STALKER: Clear Sky, Diablo 3, etc).

As long as I'm getting good gaming then I'm happy. Currently I'm very happy with the situation. Now I'm waiting for the enhanced version of The Witcher so I can finally get playing it... I bought it a while back but wanted to wait for the update before playing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

39. Re: Strong copy protection potential. Aug 6, 2008, 20:44 Lorcin

I'd simply suggest putting on what their running on AITD. Either the pirates can't be bothered because the game is poo or it's uncrackable. IF it's the later then the PC may stop being the console's syphalitic ridden little sister.

Of course there are a few other games that the pirates have deemed unworthy of their cracking attention. Maybe if they put a certain developers name on the box they'd be "scene group" free. Not looking at anyone from this board mentioned in my sig. Honest.

58 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo