Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Drakensang: The Dark Eye German Demo

A German-language demo for Drakensang: The Dark Eye offers the chance to sample Radon Labs game based on a German pen-and-paper RPG. The demo is a 490 MB download, available on AtomicGamer and Gamer's Hell.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 15:39 Flo

But it does not share a story line with the trilogy, now does it?  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 13:07 JediPunisher

Actually, it is... It was originally announced two or three years ago as Realms of Arkania IV: Drakensang, but for legal reasons (Sir-Tech may be dead, but it still owns the RoA trademark) the name was changed to Drakensang: The Dark Eye.

11. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2008, 01:40 Flo

Drakensang is NOT Realms of Arkania IV.  

10. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 22:07 JediPunisher

I think some of you are confusing Darklands with Realms of Arkania...

Darklands was set in medieval Germany and published by Microprose in the early 90ís; It was extremely detailed and historically accurate, but it had horrid graphics (even for its time) that consisted of nothing more than stick figures and tiny blocky buildings on a flat isometric plane.

The Realms of Arkania trilogy (Blade of Destiny, Star Trail, & Shadows over Riva) were German games published by Sir-Tech in the 90ís. They had a first-person view similar to Bards Tale or Wizardry, but the strategic battles took place on a chess board (or an isometric grid); Each character had a limited number of points that you could use to move, attack, cast, or perform other actions. I also remember it had adventure style puzzles (combine this with that and use it to activate some device) and was the first CRPG that allowed you to split your party and swap between them.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 22:12.

9. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 19:24 Buckermann

It's a nice game, and I don't regret buying it BUT:
1. The camera handling is terrible.
2. Securom makes Baby Jesus cry... and crashes my explorer.exe on a right-click on the dektop.
3. Did I mention the camera?

Other than that, I don't really have any complaints. Just don't forget that this isn't a multi-million euro production.

8. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 18:37 Jonny5

I love the look and feel of this game, a must buy list for me..cant wait for english version, I really like the look and feel!!

7. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 17:07 cyxxon

Well, as a GERMAN yes I do, and looking forward to this

6. No subject Aug 5, 2008, 16:31 space captain

Anyone besides me remember the Microprose version?

yeh i thought that sounded familiar.. it was like a psuedo 3d (2d art on 3d plane, but not 1st person) party based RPG game with VGA graphics.. i remember at the time thinking they were unreal good .. hehehe

Go forth, and kill!

5. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 15:51 Overon

What, all of you understand german for this GERMAN language demo?
This comment was edited on Aug 5, 15:52.

4. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 12:33 JediPunisher

This is actually Realms of Arkania IV: Drakensang.
The RoA series developed by Attic Software was based on the German RPG system Das Schwarze Auge, and translated into English and released in the mid-90's by Sir-Tech.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 12:37.

3. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 10:39 Flo

Do you refer to The Northlandtrilogy? I don't think those games where published by Microprose.  

2. Re: Some information Aug 5, 2008, 10:36 Bill Borre

Anyone besides me remember the Microprose version? :O

1. Some information Aug 5, 2008, 02:14 Flo

The Dark Eye is basically the german D&D and Drakensang has been heavily influenced by Baldur's Gate. It received pretty good reviews over here but I haven't had the time to secure a retail copy. So try the demo  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo