Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Thailand halts Grand Theft Auto sale Aug 5, 2008, 23:01 CreamyBlood

"Today it is a cab driver, but tomorrow it could be a video game shop owner."

I'm still trying to make sense of that statement. Are video game owners more highly regarded in Thailand than mere cab drivers?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Aug 5, 2008, 11:33 xXBatmanXx

I wasn't aware any games sold in Thailand - isn't that the piracy capital of the world? How do you stop street vendors from selling 5.00 games? hehehhhehehe

Have you ever been to American wedding?
Where is the vodka, where's marinated herring?
Where is the supply that gonna last three days?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Thailand halts Grand Theft Auto sale Aug 5, 2008, 09:47 wallace321

I wonder who has killed more people, the players of the America's Army game or people actually in America's Army? Hmmmm...

2. Re: Thailand halts Grand Theft Auto sale Aug 5, 2008, 05:37 peteham

Amusing, isn't it, how this murder that would otherwise go mostly unnoticed in a country that ranks high on the statistics, suddenly becomes international news because some mental-case claimed he was inspired by a video-game.

A senior official at Thailand's Culture Ministry said the murder was a wake-up call for authorities to tackle the issue of violent video games, and urged parents to pay closer attention to what their children played.
Yeah, 'cause I bet the whole gamer-demographic, army of psychopathic killers that they are, is Thailand's biggest issue

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 05:42.

1. Thailand halts Grand Theft Auto sales Aug 5, 2008, 05:15 Shadowcat

Police said the youth, an obsessive player of "Grand Theft Auto," showed no sign of mental problems during questioning and had confessed to committing the crime because of the game.

"He said he wanted to find out if it was as easy in real life to rob a taxi as it was in the game," chief police investigator Veeravit Pipattanasak told Reuters.
I guess that you need to wear a large neon sign flashing "I have a mental problem" in order for it to be recognised.

Seriously... anyone who carries out an armed assault (consequential murder or not) in an attempt to imitate a video game most definitely HAS a mental problem.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo