Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Phil Harrison Leaving Rumor... Aug 5, 2008, 13:27 Krovven

Dagok your subconscious mind notices a **lot** more than the conscious mind. Advertisers know this and bank on it. They want to plant their messages in your subconscious as much or more than your conscious mind.

I take as much responsibility for my own mind by blocking as much advertising as possible. Advertisers aren't hostile, but they sure do care more about their income and bottom line than they do about our minds and the consequences of so much conditioning and programming.

What the fuck does any of that have to do with what I said?

All I did was answer Tumblers question on whether the ads had always been there or not. Which they have. If he is only just noticing the ads 6 months after release, my statement holds very true. If you are focusing on driving you won't even notice them and not because of some subconscious bullshit. It's because everything at the side of the road is a blur when passing it at 300mph.

And it is subconscious bullshit. I've been playing the game since the day it was released...yet I have still never and will never shop at Burger King, Diesel Jeans or CompUSA.

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Uncharted Aug 5, 2008, 03:48 WebDemon

"I resisted getting Uncharted when it first came out--and I must admit I used to dismiss achievements as somewhat silly--but now I'm feeling the pull of trophies.

Strange how such a little tweak can have a big impact."

Funny. Fanboys used to take this piss out of achievements but I keep hearing this very thing over and over.

5. Re: Phil Harrison Leaving Rumor... Aug 5, 2008, 01:07 LittleMe

Dagok your subconscious mind notices a **lot** more than the conscious mind. Advertisers know this and bank on it. They want to plant their messages in your subconscious as much or more than your conscious mind.

I take as much responsibility for my own mind by blocking as much advertising as possible. Advertisers aren't hostile, but they sure do care more about their income and bottom line than they do about our minds and the consequences of so much conditioning and programming.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Phil Harrison Leaving Rumor... Aug 4, 2008, 22:17 Krovven

Burnout Paradise has had in-game ads since day one. If you are actually focusing on driving, you don't even notice them.

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

3. Uncharted Aug 4, 2008, 22:14 Xenopulse

I resisted getting Uncharted when it first came out--and I must admit I used to dismiss achievements as somewhat silly--but now I'm feeling the pull of trophies.

Strange how such a little tweak can have a big impact.

2. Re: Phil Harrison Leaving Rumor... Aug 4, 2008, 22:00 Tumbler

Get your salt cellar ready. This comes from "Highly placed sources" who share no names. VideoGaming247 reports it was told, “He could see he was about to get involved in another PlayStation cycle, and obviously wanted something new... The same thing was happening again and he’d been through it enough times to want to move on.”

As we said, give this one an unhealthily generous dose of salt.

I don't see what is so awful... They clearly warned the reader they have next to no evidence to back this up...

Any I haven't played Burnout paradise until today, the retail version anyway, and I'm wondering the the obscene amount of in game advertising was always there or does this new "free content" pack add it. There is a burger king ad, diesel Jeans and CompUSA ads EVERYWHERE. You can't drive more than 50 feet without seeing a big bilboard with an add splashed across it. And the ads are friggin ugly, huge obnoxious things. Was it always this way? Or did the new content pack stlap all this on?

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Phil Harrison Leaving Rumor... Aug 4, 2008, 21:08 the_culture

That "news post" was just plain god-awful pathetic.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo