Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Trailer

The Codemasters Website offers downloads of an E3 trailer for Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising (thanks Gamer's Hell). The clip of a tank firing its cannon at night shows off the lighting effect of the muzzle flash, complete with a slow motion replay.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. The tank movie... Aug 4, 2008, 23:22 Sty

After the last E3 trailer, I'm beginning to suspect Codemasters is trying to "prove" OFP2 as opposed to show it off. Something seems slightly "off". I can only hope they're being upfront with the media and info.

Wonder if their roughly 4 years of in-house development (the Neon Engine) for this game is actually going to pay off. Been burned by cross platform ports before (slated PC, Xbox 360 and PS3). I don't care if the name is Operation Flashpoint 2... this title is completely new and unproven. We'll see if it owns up to the previous experience or falls flat. Proof is in the game.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. I loved Flashpoint.... Aug 4, 2008, 19:40 Shataan

But squad controlling every teeny aspect eventually wore on me. I even went as far as using M$ GameVoice to control my squadies to make it all easier. That really helped.

ARMA was better visually and all, but again, micromanaging a squad just is not all that interesting to me. I will still get FP 2 tho. It`d be nice to just be able to play that scale of in the field milcombat experience, as just a soldier.

I remember 1 mission in FP that I absolutely loved. You come over a hill, and engage the enemy down towards the bottom. And you just control yourself. The battle was EPIC feeling. I truly got off on that.

It is awesome that a dev or 2 still exists that has the ballz to do these kinds of games.

10. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 17:25 Donkey_Punch

Yes Dmitri_M, I knew you would be here waving your Arma fanboy flag soon enough.

If you actually played Arma online you would know how riddled with bugs it is and crashes/disconnects every hour or so.

9. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 16:04 Dmitri_M

I have high hopes for both ArmA 2 and Opflash 2. We get two different takes on OFP.

Another homerun for Slippery Jim, I see.....

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 16:14.

8. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 12:08 Prez

Yeah, Armed Assault was great, if buggy. I have higher hopes for ArmA 2 than I do for OpFlash 2. But it would be great if both rocked!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 11:58 Burrito of Peace

Operation Flashpoint 2:Total Extreme Dragon Rising!

6. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 11:50 Donkey_Punch

Arma is riddled with so many bugs it is almost unplayable right now. You can't play longer than about an hour without the server or client crashing.

Arma's actual gameplay is great, too bad it was coded by monkeys wearing hockey gloves.

Hopefully Opflash 2 will retain the gameplay of Opflash and be more stable than Arma.

5. Rising! Aug 4, 2008, 10:51 Ludomancer

Anyone else sick of games "rising"?

4. Re: Tactical! Aug 4, 2008, 09:41 InBlack

Prez, Since Operation Flashpoint 2 isnt made by the same dev. team (Bohemia Interactive) Im 95% sure that it will suck by comparison.

Go play Arma or the soon to be released Arma2, for the "true" sequels. Arma is quite brilliant in its own right. Its a shame that Bohemia didnt retain the rights for OPFlashpoint when they left the publisher.

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Tactical! Aug 4, 2008, 09:35 Techie714 ©

I just finished R6:Vegas 2 this weekend & was really disappointed I cant believe how much they dumb down that IP for the console kids. The game was just wave after wave of bad guys with hardly any tactics involved. It's great that games like ARMA & OFP are around for us hardcore tactical simulation fans. OFP & ARMA are not for everybody that's for sure but I love these kind of games.

R.I.P George Carlin 1937-2008
This comment was edited on Aug 4, 09:35.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 09:34 Joss

oooooh. I hope it's not going to go like this up until release. Personally, I wouldn't have even shown this footage--it's too short.

1. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 09:11 Prez

Operation Flashpoint was a brilliant game, even with its many flaws. (Graphics, UI, voice acting etc.) The fact that there was almost no expectations for it lent to the rave reviews of it. I am leery to look forward to this sequel too much, because sophomore slumps are the norm in this industry.

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 12:06.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo