Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Quake's Future Depends on Quake Live

Shacknews has a report from John Carmack's QuakeCon address where the id Software Technical Director indicates that the future of the Quake series is probably depended on the success of their upcoming free Quake Live project, quoting him saying: "The door is not completely shut for another Quake project, and I'd say probably the success of Quake Live is going to determine whether or not we do another Quake Arena project." They also say Mr. Carmack says the Wolfenstein franchise is not as likely a candidate for the free-to-play model as Quake, based on the realism factor: "You're running around fighting the Nazis and there's a billboard with [an advertisement] on it." A final note of interest from the talk is that the Quake Live name change was because the Quake Zero title was thwarted by a domain squatter.

View
11. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2008, 20:31 Shataan

say what ya will peeps, but I had tons of fun with Quake 3 Arena. It was a blast. Easy to get in and out of. There is still a need for Quake imho.

I sure could do with a Tribes 1 Remake as well. hehhhehhehhe

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 31, 21:38 No subject Entr0py24
  4. Jul 31, 22:22  Re: No subject Darks
  6. Jul 31, 23:27   Re: No subject xXBatmanXx
  7. Jul 31, 23:49    Re: No subject Jerykk
  8. Jul 31, 23:55     Re: No subject babar
  2. Jul 31, 21:41 ET:QW ColoradoHoudini
  3. Jul 31, 21:54 No subject xXBatmanXx
  5. Jul 31, 23:15  Re: No subject JohnBirshire
  9. Aug 1, 02:21 No subject sponge