Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Sports Returning to PC Next Year

Shacknews reports that EA's slate of sports games will return to the PC next year, retooled to "take advantage of the online connectivity in a bigger and more meaningful way," according to Peter Moore during today's EA… oh you know already. He also made a reference to EA "toying with subscription programs to reward players" (quoting Shack), though he did not elaborate on this.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 19:51 zirik

EA sports left the pc? didnt even notice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 19:29 selection7

15 years ago I could design my own football plays on (I think) Mike Ditka football...putting players exactly where I want them and running custom WR routes. I STILL can't do that in Madden, which is why I've only played/bought it once in the last decade. The reason is that for EA (or Tiburon, whatever), it's a way of hiding the weaknesses in AI...allowing the AI to cheat (so-to-speak) rather than be robust. IMO, it's driven by their fear of "money" plays being used exploitatively for online competition. Of course, turning off custom plays for online competition would make too much sense. But when I run a HB sweep and it appears the defense knows beforehand it's going to be a sweep (by the way they jump it and overpursue it), I'll think to myself "OK, if you're going to that, then I'm going to make you pay by doing this!!....oh, wait....Madden won't let me design that play:("

17. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 19:07 akula

a lot of pro sports players also enjoy SPORTS GAMING on consoles.. who woulda thunk it?!

16. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 18:36 xXBatmanXx

I was actually more hoping on him joining the military so he wouldn't be around...

eh, the military guys I know (40 or so) all sit around and play games online all day - even whilst in a danger zone - so that may not help.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 18:19 Krovven

I was actually more hoping on him joining the military so he wouldn't be around...

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

14. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 16:49 sponge

So since you want to cut people down for simulated experiences via games, why don't you go join the military and experience that instead of playing First Person Shooters.

Or more realistically, paintball or laser-tag even!

13. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 16:43 Krovven

but for all the hosers who need a simulated experience because they don't have enough friends in real life (because they're all on WoW or [Insert Online FPS Game Here]) to make two man teams... that's great news!

Hey dipshit, you are here because you like games. Yet you insult others that spend time playing games, rather than being outside.

So since you want to cut people down for simulated experiences via games, why don't you go join the military and experience that instead of playing First Person Shooters.

----------------------------------------------------
Civilization Revolution, Grand Theft Auto IV, GRID

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

12. Re: ... Jul 30, 2008, 16:38 sponge

That was always my favourite, ever since NHL 95 (13yrs ago!? fucking hell). We don't necessarily need a new release every year, though - I'm happy if the PC version moves to a bi-annual schedule.

Haha, yup. I played that game on my cousin's PC, and it was probably the game that was responsible for turning me on to hockey. I was 8 years old at the time, and went through a big NY Rangers phase for a few years after that. Still a hockey fan today, but I don't get to watch the games as much.

And yea, bi-annual is pretty much what I do already. I think I bought NHL 03 many years ago, and then bought 05 or 06 because a few of my friends were picking it up to play on a ladder. I also bought one of the last EA PC baseball games since about 5 or 6 of my internet friends organized a mini-league, complete with schedules and everything. It was tons of fun.

Yeah, because I live next door to an ice rink and have 20 friends willing to drop everything whenever I want to play... and the money to spend on the equipment, hiring the venue, etc.

Amen.

As much as I dislike the quality of XKCD recently, this comic still says it all: http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rock_band.png

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 16:41.

11. ... Jul 30, 2008, 15:11 theyarecomingforyou

I rather enjoy the NHL series, personally.
That was always my favourite, ever since NHL 95 (13yrs ago!? fucking hell). We don't necessarily need a new release every year, though - I'm happy if the PC version moves to a bi-annual schedule.

Not that I have EVER played a sports game (because I'm perfectly capable of playing sports with my real body), but for all the hosers who need a simulated experience because they don't have enough friends in real life
Yeah, because I live next door to an ice rink and have 20 friends willing to drop everything whenever I want to play... and the money to spend on the equipment, hiring the venue, etc.

Or I could just buy the game on PC and play it for fun whenever I feel. Yeah, that makes me a loser.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

10. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 14:31 Ginny

Ditto

One of the reasons i first got a pc was to do with NHL being the leading platform for the nhl series.

98 on the ps blew me away, 99 on the pc was a big step, 2000/1. Back then EA were realy cutting it up, ditty addons, sharp high res models ect ect, then it all got ditched to year after year ps2 copies 2002 was the last (ish) great pc release.

like the man with the 360, waiting on the ps3 version myself:o

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 14:46.

9. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 14:03 Tanto Edge

Oh good.
Not that I have EVER played a sports game (because I'm perfectly capable of playing sports with my real body), but for all the hosers who need a simulated experience because they don't have enough friends in real life (because they're all on WoW or [Insert Online FPS Game Here]) to make two man teams... that's great news!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

8. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 12:37 Donkey_Punch

I smell a console port pretending to be a real PC game.

7. who cares? Jul 30, 2008, 11:36 akula

I care. NHL on the PC is where the game was born and lived for years, now EA doesn't give a damn about us PC users. I had to buy an XBOX 360 because they have left the PC version in the dust.. "next-gen" engine on the consoles only.

nhl 09 is probably the same. a ps2 port on the pc.

6. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 11:04 xXBatmanXx

But I thought the PC Market was dead!?

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 05:00 Paketep

I don't care much about EA's sports games (add 1 to the year, add an extra pass for the video card, that's about it).

I agree that Peter Moore is an asshole, though.

4. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 04:53 elefunk

More games that take advantage of the strengths of the platform is good if you ask me.

3. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 04:32 sponge

I rather enjoy the NHL series, personally.

2. Re: Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 04:31 Necros

Me for example, and many other PC gamers.

1. Peter Moore is an asshole Jul 30, 2008, 00:37 Caveman

Who cares about sports games on the PC?

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo