Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bungie: "Three Distinct Projects Underway"

The Inside Bungie Blog (thanks Edge Online) outlines the developer's plans to attend the Penny Arcade Expo 2008 at the end of next month, encouraging fans to come by and check out some new Halo 3 multiplayer content. They also say that in spite of the failure to launch their big announcement suffered at E3 (story), they will not be making any big announcements at the show, though they do tease the fact that they are currently working on "three distinct projects…some familiar, some not. Some on a closer horizon, some quite far off." Word is:

For the record, we have no plans to make any big announcements or huge reveals at PAX this year. While we will have some Halo 3 multiplayer stuff for you to check out, this is not going to be the "big announcement" many of our fans are clamoring for. Rest assured that when the time is right, we will be making announcements and talking about the stuff we're currently working on. At the moment we do have three distinct projects underway within Bungie - some familiar, some not. Some on a closer horizon, some quite far off.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: No subject Jul 26, 2008, 02:42 Cutter

You know it's Myth.

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Office Space Jul 26, 2008, 01:37 zirik

Zirik ya know the Pillar of Autumn has the Marathon logo on the side of it's ship in Halo 1?

yeah i remember seeing the logo on the ship. they also paid homage to the marathon style terminal in halo 3. it is one of the easter eggs. you can find a video on youtube.

32. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 23:36 manic half

Take-Two actually owns the rights to Myth and Oni. No idea why but apparently they do. Not that Bungie couldn't easily afford to buy them back though...

Couldn't they just have Take-Two publish? Bungie isn't bound by Microsoft anymore.

well they did confirm recently MS is their publisher. i imagine the freedom they gained was at the price of MS probably having exclusive publishing rights. i dont know of course, thats just a guess.

31. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 23:34 manic half

Zirik ya know the Pillar of Autumn has the Marathon logo on the side of it's ship in Halo 1?

its also in the halo logo from halo2 i think. i think its more of a thing for fans to spot just for the fun of it.

i was about to ask why this news is even here seeing as bungie dont do pc anymore but perhaps seeing as they are free maybe they will again.

i think we would all like to play a new myth. a proper one.

30. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 21:48 Kamakazie

Take-Two actually owns the rights to Myth and Oni. No idea why but apparently they do. Not that Bungie couldn't easily afford to buy them back though...

Couldn't they just have Take-Two publish? Bungie isn't bound by Microsoft anymore.

29. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 20:06 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 20:03 Parallax Abstraction

I'm thinking Halo, Marathon and Myth.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

27. Easy Jul 25, 2008, 19:22 DirkDaring

They said "internal" so that rules out Halo 3 PC port and Halo Wars RTS. Bungie does not own the Myth IP. Here's my take:

1. Halo 3 levels
2. Peter Jackson Halo.
*yawn* Oh, then something new! ...but far off:
3. New multiplayer franchise for the Xbox 720 in Nov 2011.

26. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 19:21 Bone43

Halo... meh tired ass console shooter.

25. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 18:48 zirik

is that stupid drawn cartoon really that popular..I dont get it?

youre not alone. the humor and artwork is like an ugly kid that only a mother could love.

24. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 18:46 zirik

rampant AI ties halo and marathon, while a phenomenon in the desert ties myth and halo. interesting possibilities.

23. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 18:25 Kamakazie

I'm thinking Halo, Marathon and Myth.

22. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 18:20 MMORPGHoD

Myth IV !

21. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 17:58 Jerykk

Here's my guesses:
Project 1: Halo 3 PC Port
Project 2: Halo 4 or prequel
Project 3: Marathon Reboot

Anyone else agree?

Not really. I highly, highly doubt that Bungie will handle the Halo 3 port. I also doubt that the port will happen within the next two years. Maybe 2011. Windows 7 exclusive, of course.

Halo 4? I heard that was being done by another studio. Could be wrong but I honestly don't really care about Halo. At all.

Marathon reboot? Unlikely. Too similar to Halo and Microsoft doesn't want the competition.

20. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 17:40 dubfanatic

Watch it now, Penny Arcade is the sacred cow of gaming geeks. It is not to be critiqued.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 17:41.

19. Re: Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 17:37 MuzixMon

Here's my guesses:
Project 1: Halo 3 PC Port
Project 2: Halo 4 or prequel
Project 3: Marathon Reboot

Anyone else agree?

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

18. Office Space Jul 25, 2008, 16:26 LittleMe

Bungie would do three projects at the same time if they had a million dollars. If I had a million dollars, I'd do two chicks at the same time, cause chicks dig dudes with money. At least, chicks who'd double up on a guy like me do.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

17. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 15:47 xXBatmanXx

Was a fan early on (like many others) but it lost it's luster somewhere along the way. I still respect and applaud them for what they give back and what they have been able to accomplish with charities over the years.

If their sole purpose on this earth was just to accomplish that - then they haev done a great job.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 15:40 Jackal

itsnot halo 4 5 and 6. Its going to be Halo 3 redux. Halo wars, and Halo expansion

15. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 15:36 Wildone

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo