Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

GTA4 PC Rumor

Overclocking.net has a photo of a magazine cover seemingly confirming a PC edition of Grand Theft Auto IV, which some consider to be an inevitability (eventually). The source is PC Gamer Malaysia, which is probably not sufficient to dislodge this from the rumor category.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 15:32 xXBatmanXx

btw: GTA:SA is now only 9.99 at most stores. Pretty decent price for the multiplayer aspect!

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 15:23 xXBatmanXx

I am going to buy the PC version a few months after it comes out - there isn't a lot of re-play-ability to GTA4 to have me buy it again so soon.

But, once the communities get a hold of it, the MP functions will start to flourish. Look how popular SA is....

BN 360 Scoreboard:

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

27. Re: Can't wait Jul 25, 2008, 13:30 DG

And the eventual "bitch and moan" will be that the PC version didn't sell as many copies as the console and ergo PC gaming is dying because PC games are easier to pirate...

I can't recall Rockstar taking that line previously.

I fully expect GTA4's PC:console sales ratio to be substantially worse than for San Andreas. However it will be due to the increased proportion of PC gamers who also have either console and already own it, and Rockstar will be well aware.

Actually I won't be surprised if PC piracy:sales will be pretty high for the game, for the same reason above. People will be less inclined to buy it a second time. With some informed analysis it could be a fairly decent indicator of the PC sales lost to console sales.

I'm not certain whether I would have opted for the 360 or PC version. PC has been substantially superior in previous versions thanks primarily to higher resolution and extra dev time (plus modding). I suspect the console convenience, pad and confidence of being fully playable would have trumped the mods in my case. I can think of plenty games where it would go the other way.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 13:35.

26. Re: www.wtfman.com Jul 25, 2008, 11:17 xXBatmanXx

Have you tried http://www.crazybobs.net/ ?

Click on the "online map".

And btw. not sure about wtfman.com and the kiddies there....(check the pissin match in the forums that GTA server is no longer hosted there......what is the other site?)

BN 360 Scoreboard:

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 11:18.

25. No subject Jul 25, 2008, 11:07 xXBatmanXx

However, everyday that passes between the console release and the PC release, more people lose their interest.

Which is EXACTLY why you won't hear anything about it until MSFT 6 month plan is over. Said this before, but I am sure the game will release exactly 1 year after the console release.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

24. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 10:06 wallace321

Edit: Wanted to add that this game is likely to have some hardcore DRM.

Nothing makes me want to buy a game more than hardcore DRM... if only there was a way of keeping it secret until everybody in the world already bought it.

World - "why can't i install this more than once... hey! there's restrictive DRM on this"
game publisher - "haha too late now! no returns! MUWAHAHA!"

Has anybody told publishers that DRM turns INFORMED people off of releases yet?

23. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 09:39 Fibrocyte

yes im australian. yes i imported my copy. yes i played the superior version.

Careful who you call a 'dumbshit'... lol

22. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 08:04 InBlack

Hopefully they might consider a digital distribution deal when the game eventually reaches the PC, maybe even with Valve, just to fuck with EA some more

I have a nifty blue line!

21. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 06:40 manic half

When the release it on PC I can finally sell my 360 copy.
Besides my 360 copy is a pussy censored Australian one.

well your a dumb shit for buying it in the first place.

yes im australian. yes i imported my copy. yes i played the superior version.

20. Still just a rumor Jul 25, 2008, 06:28 CeeJay

PC Gamer Malaysia has a forumthread discussing the lastest issue :
http://www.velocity-media.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20327

This is just PC Gamer saying it will happen - There have been no official statement from Rockstar.

I'm the developer of SweetFX

19. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 06:06 dubfanatic

I found bugs but nothing that ruined the game, even in a minor way but please feel free to inform me of some. I found bugs but nothing that ruined the game, even in a minor way but please feel free to inform me of some.

Did I say the bugs were showstoppers? They were minor annoyances, which at worst caused me to retry a mission or two. The worst one I encountered was a freeze while loading a mission. There were also a few AI bugs.

18. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 05:05 Zzet

considering this forum is a breeding pit of jadedness and negative viewpoints.

Someone has to have them in this world of 60-99% review scores.

17. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 02:35 aldo_14

Seems reasonably reliable considering it's a PC gamer mag. But who knows.

Purportedly someone called the magazine and it's just a preview off of the console versions, written with the assumption of a PC release.
This comment was edited on Jul 25, 02:36.

16. www.wtfman.com Jul 25, 2008, 02:14 JohnBirshire

Best GTA3: San Andreas multiplayer server...

15. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 01:52 Fion

Oy jeez be branted a Fanboi on the Bluesnews forums?

Lol it must be the most loose translation of the word I've ever seen, considering this forum is a breeding pit of jadedness and negative viewpoints.

14. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 01:34 The Half Elf

Be careful what you say on the forums Fion, or else you'll be branded a 'fanboi'

No clue why I had 'because' in there earlier.
This comment was edited on Jul 25, 02:15.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 00:39 Fion

Seems reasonably reliable considering it's a PC gamer mag. But who knows.

If it is, I cant wait. I'm sure it'll be brilliant on the PC if it's sufficiently well ported, and if it isn't I know modders will improve it.

From the few friends I have who have this on consoles, I guess it really pushes the Xbox360 hardware to the limit (which seems to happen a lot lately.) So it should look brilliant on the PC considering the developers will be able to push their engine to the max.

Cant wait

Edit: Wanted to add that this game is likely to have some hardcore DRM. Considering previous GTA titles are amongst the most torrented games in history lol. Also probably why it's taken longer and longer for each GTA release to hit PC.
This comment was edited on Jul 25, 00:42.

12. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 00:27 Kosumo

So these bugs you talk of, what are the big show stopper then? (both gta3:SA(PC) and gta4(360)

I found bugs but nothing that ruined the game, even in a minor way but please feel free to inform me of some.

11. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 00:11 dubfanatic

If the game is coming out on the PC I am gonna buy it and pray to hell they don't leave the game with unfixed bugs like they did with San Andreas.

Considering all the bugs I encountered while playing the Xbox 360 version, I wouldn't hold your breath.

10. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2008, 00:05 Ant

MAC Address?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo