Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Downloadable Watchmen Game Plans

'Watchmen' Video Game To Be Set In 1970s on MTV News has hands-on impressions of a downloadable episodic Watchmen game in the works at Danish developer Deadline Games that serves as a prequel for the upcoming comic book movie. A brief story on Variety describes plans to release one episode of the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 game around the theatrical release of the film next March and another in conjunction with the DVD release, but more episodes could be produced if the series proves successful. The action game features the team of Rorschach and Nite Owl set in the alternate version of the 1970s as depicted in the Watchmen, and while Alan Moore is not involved in the project, WBIE has enlisted comic writer and Watchmen editor Len Wein to write the story. A blurb about the game on GameSpot gives a feel for the plot, and here's a bit from the MTV story:

Game producer Andy Abramovici told MTV News that Nite Owl and Rorschach will be the main characters of the game, though he didn't rule out the possibility of other "Watchmen" icons appearing. The developers have tried to give Nite Owl and Rorschach distinctive fighting styles and mannerisms. One example: Rorschach skulked around part of a level with his hands stuffed in his trench-coat pockets. Nite Owl moved more like a hero. The story will be told between combat scenes, though in what manner is still being kept secret. The fighting scenes will be programmed to merit the game an M rating and, Abramovici said, the developer is striving to have players fight up to 20 onscreen enemies at a time.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 19:24 nin

I always liked the expression "graphic novel" because that means grown men can safely admit to reading comic books without actually saying they like reading comic books.

I just broke out the third "Absolute" volume of Sandman last night, actually.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 18:16 Elf Shot The Food

I always liked the expression "graphic novel" because that means grown men can safely admit to reading comic books without actually saying they like reading comic books.

4. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 18:09 Yakumo

yes, way generic <cough>
The only graphic novel to ever win a Hugo award and "the only graphic novel to appear on Time Magazine's 2005 list of "the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to the present."[3]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmen
This comment was edited on Jul 23, 18:10.

3. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2008, 18:07 the_culture

watering down such an iconic masterpiece

At the risk of sounding naive, what's so special about Watchmen? I read the synopsis of the story and it sounded very generic.

2. No subject Jul 23, 2008, 17:46 Yakumo

oh god ...
Traditional high quality comic figurines I can accept gladly.
A well produced movie I can forgive,
watering down such an iconic masterpiece with an abundance of merchanising shit including games NO THANK YOU

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 18:08.

1. No subject Jul 23, 2008, 17:45 Shadowcat

Ah crap.

Having seen what has been said and shown of the film thus far, I have some hope that it will be as decent an adaptation as we could hope for.

But this? This is going to suck. You just know it.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo