Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age: Origins Trailer

GameTrailers now offers the promised Dragon Age: Origins Trailer. If you were expecting a payoff on the hype preceding this first look at BioWare's upcoming RPG, you may be let down, as the trailer offers less than a minute of all cinematic footage.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Disappointing Jul 14, 2008, 12:44 Riker

I guess none of you guys noticed the absolutely friggin insane amount of people on the screen at once with no slow down (Yes, it was using the in-game engine).
A nice engine does not a good game make. I'm more interested in the game, not the tech demo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. A great example! Jul 14, 2008, 08:07 Verno

A perfect example of how NOT to create a marketing campaign for your game. Let's review:

False starts? Check.
Premature Hype? Check.
No communication with community? Check.
Boring trailer with little gameplay? Check.

I don't know how some of these publishers PR people keep their jobs, this is like grad student material right here.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

22. Re: Disappointing Jul 14, 2008, 07:35 Flo

I don't complain about the engine and if it has the smooth controls and camera of nwn1, a nice toolset and a strong campaign then count me in.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

21. Re: Disappointing Jul 14, 2008, 07:05 Sifer

I guess none of you guys noticed the absolutely friggin insane amount of people on the screen at once with no slow down (Yes, it was using the in-game engine).

20. Re: Disappointing Jul 14, 2008, 01:49 Flo

I wouldn't mind if they just remake NWN1 with better graphics. After playing lots of NWN2 I installed NWN1 again just because I was bored. Camera...Controls...sooo smooth compared to NWN2.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 01:50.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

19. Disappointing Jul 13, 2008, 21:51 Riker

Yikes... not encouraging at all. Very generic and bland. I sure hope BioWare isn't losing their touch, but if Mass Effect is any indication...

18. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2008, 21:06 nin

the dragon age characters look as bad as the doom 3 marine.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed at all...hell the characters in Mass Effect looked better...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. No subject Jul 13, 2008, 20:32 loomy

the dragon age characters look as bad as the doom 3 marine.

16. Re: Yeah.. Jul 13, 2008, 18:55 Xyggy

Looks like someone at Bioware saw Return of the King one too many times. Pffft! Not impressed.

15. Re: It wasn't full cinematic footage Jul 13, 2008, 18:47 Fuzzmatang

More like Dragon Age: Forever.

14. Re: It wasn't full cinematic footage Jul 13, 2008, 17:21 The Half Elf

I have to admit I'm fairly disappointed. Bring on KOTOR Online.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

13. It wasn't full cinematic footage Jul 13, 2008, 16:57 Finalnight

It was still rendered in-game, looked like a modified Mass Effect engine.

12. Re: CD Projekt Red=New RPG King Jul 13, 2008, 16:46 Paranoid Jack

You just reminded me. I waited on The Witcher for damned near five years also. But they delivered and then some.

And I have to agree those guys made one hell of a great game. Not only a great cRPG but the way the game scaled to your abilities via the difficulty setting was a great touch.

Depending on the their next release... you may be correct.

11. Re: CD Projekt Red=New RPG King Jul 13, 2008, 16:32 Cutter

And anyone should care about this game why? I'd really like Derek to chime in if he's lurking around.

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: CD Projekt Red=New RPG King Jul 13, 2008, 16:18 Jerykk

However there more recent games just have not been doing it for me

Their more recent games have been action games with RPG aspects.

9. CD Projekt Red=New RPG King Jul 13, 2008, 15:35 Techie714

I love Bioware games they are well made & have great game play & storyline. However there more recent games just have not been doing it for me, although I'm still playing Mass Effect & I'm enjoying it so far. However I think the folks that made The Witcher even though it was there first game are really taking the BW crown. The Witcher was just so damn good. I'm far more excited to hear about cd projekt red than I'm about BW games.

R.I.P George Carlin 1937-2008

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: Ummm Jul 13, 2008, 15:23 NKD

Yes please, cancel Dragon Vapor and make BG3 instead.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Ummm Jul 13, 2008, 15:22 RP

Underwhelming. Talk about a generic medieval RPG scene for ya.

6. Hope we get to see in-game footage SOON! Jul 13, 2008, 14:47 Paranoid Jack

I can't believe they waited five years to release that. If it's actual in-game footage of a scripted scene then... ok. I guess.

But I think most (if not all) of us can agree it's got that whole been there and done that feel. Not only from LotR but about a dozen other games.

This game is supposed to be a return to the BG games with a cross between NWN and ME thrown in. I'm not feeling the love. In fact I haven't felt the love since BGII. Though I did feel a little bit of something during one of the NWN add-ons (can't remember which, the good one)...

I felt it for MotB but that was all Obsidian. I'm starting to think the Golden Age of good and/or great Bioware games is over.

I hope I am wrong... because I've been waiting on this damned game for three or four years. The only other game which turned out good after that long a wait was STALKER.

5. Re: Yeah.. Jul 13, 2008, 14:33 Ray Marden

In-game screenshots or it didn't happen!
That showed me....what? Is Bioware making Final Fantasy now?
Lulz,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo