Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game Announced

Ubisoft announces Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game, based on the reality television show starring notorious British chef Gordon Ramsay. The game is slated for release this September offering the chance to be berated by Chef Ramsay just like a real contestant on the show (This celery is RAW! You could KILL somebody!), and the chance to unlock genuine recipes (It's a cookbook!). Word is:

SAN FRANCISCO – July 10, 2008 – Today Ubisoft announced that it will publish Hell's Kitchen(TM): The Video Game, for Wii(TM), Nintendo DS(TM), PC and Mac®. Developed by Ludia, Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game is based on the U.S. hit FOX television program from Granada America featuring world-renowned Chef Gordon Ramsay. The game will allow players to experience the show's high-pressure kitchen and dining room challenges as a faithfully rendered 3D Chef Ramsay watches their every move.

"I had a great time doing the voice for my own animation,” said Gordon Ramsay. "Being in a video game is a new experience for me and I'm very pleased with the results.”

After executing the three phases of an order – preparation, cooking and service – Chef Gordon Ramsay will score each meal. As they progress through the game, players will be rewarded with access to recipes from Chef Ramsay's own repertoire.

"Hell's Kitchen has everything a great video game needs: pressure, excitement and intense competition,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft North America. "We are very excited to be bringing the intensity of celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and the Hell's Kitchen experience to the virtual world this fall.”

Hell's Kitchen: The Video Game will be released worldwide September 2008.

Key Features:

• Chef Ramsay watches players' every move and judges them as they progress by yelling at them, praising them or shutting down the kitchen if their skills don't meet his expectations.

• As players progress, they'll gain access to authentic Gordon Ramsay recipes, including many that are offered exclusively to game owners.

• In Career Mode, players can earn stars to build their way up from a Single-Star restaurant to a prestigious Five-Star establishment. As the player advances through the ranks, their star rating advances and the recipes become more varied and intricate.

• In Arcade Mode, the pressure builds as customers become increasingly demanding. Players will be challenged to keep up with the pressure before time is up, or Chef Ramsay loses patience and closes the kitchen.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: NOW PISS OFF! Jul 11, 2008, 18:49 Randomuser83

Bloody hell you call yourself chef. Piss off go get the hell out of here.

Id buy it lol.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: NOW PISS OFF! Jul 11, 2008, 18:47 Randomuser83

Bloody hell you call yourself chef. Piss off go get the hell out of here.

23. Re: AWESOME! Jul 11, 2008, 18:46 Randomuser83

22. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 19:09 Teddy

I agree with you ... it's one thing to watch the show I peeked at a few episodes but in real life..not fake reality TV life that guy would be toast. I've seen people get their arms sliced in a kitchen for less than what he does.

Having worked under several corporate and executive chefs, I seriously question your experience in high end restaurants if you think anyone would dare touch Ramsay in his own kitchen.

Even a "whoops" accidental cut would be the end of your career, sentencing you to dwell in chain restaurants for the rest of your life, and if there's ANY suspicion that it was intentional, you're going to jail. Period.

More to the point, he's not even the worst chef I've seen. Like it or not, there are some REAL drama queens out there in the business.

21. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 18:39 4D-Boxing

Talisorn

I agree with you ... it's one thing to watch the show I peeked at a few episodes but in real life..not fake reality TV life that guy would be toast. I've seen people get their arms sliced in a kitchen for less than what he does.

20. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 18:08 Talisorn

Hmmm .... I'll be surprised if this "game" gets to see the light of day.

19. my favorite... Jul 10, 2008, 17:15 space captain

YOU FUCKING DONKEY!!  
Go forth, and kill!

18. so it's true... Jul 10, 2008, 15:50 shul

so it's true what they say... the longer the press release the worse the game...

for exmaple, for diablo III all they need to say is "you are this character, and you kill stuff"....

but there is an exception for every rule.. I really want ubisoft to do good with everything they do now we have activblizzard on our corporate hands...

17. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 15:40 Optimaximal

Oh yeah...

16. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 13:59  Blue 

The US series was a bunch of no-hoping New Yorkers hoping to make a fast buck with Ramsay's appearance and his overhaul of their flea-bitten restaurant, whereas the real British show has Ramsay actually helping and encouraging the failing enterprise through product innovation and light restyling.

Different show -- you're thinking of Kitchen Nightmares.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

15. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 13:57 Optimaximal

Here's hoping the also build in the much superior UK series...

The US series was a bunch of no-hoping New Yorkers hoping to make a fast buck with Ramsay's appearance and his overhaul of their flea-bitten restaurant, whereas the real British show has Ramsay actually helping and encouraging the failing enterprise through product innovation and light restyling.

Bah, who am I kidding

14. Re: NOW PISS OFF! Jul 10, 2008, 13:45 Scottish Martial Arts

DROP THE FRENCH ARROGANCE! YOU FUCKING PIG!

Love Ramsey's shows not so sure about the game.

13. Re: Good lord... Jul 10, 2008, 13:06 manic half

i thought that wild catch game or whatever it was, was a stretch. this is just.. wat!

then again, there was a game based on the office apparently.

12. Re: Good lord... Jul 10, 2008, 12:54 Orogogus

The DS already has a couple cooking games, and I think one of them made it to the Wii. In point of fact my landlord's ten year old girl is a fan of Cooking Mama 2 on the DS. The PC version here is probably a "why the hell not" afterthought.

11. Re: Good lord... Jul 10, 2008, 12:46 verybad

You gotta be fucking kidding me.
A COOKING game?!#$

It must be a sign of the apocalypse.

Can you dump some canned chili in a bowl and microwave it? Or do you have to be fancy and grate some cheese over it first?

This would be good for preteen boys to easilly pick out who to pick on if any of the other boys at school mention playing this. So I guess it's a timesaver.
This comment was edited on Jul 10, 12:48.

10. I love this guy Jul 10, 2008, 12:43 NobleAtreides

He sees and knows how to pick the best from the best, but Videogame? This is not, YES?!

9. Re: Good lord... Jul 10, 2008, 12:41 Nuclear Watchdog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jul 10, 13:58.

================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston

8. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 12:35 ShadyPete

can you beat the shit out of Gordon Ramsey? Don't get me wrong I like the guy but I would like to kick his ass and make him eat my shitty food..

7. Good lord... Jul 10, 2008, 12:33 Parallax Abstraction

This looks like the kind of brand awareness game that you see come out from one of those shovelware companies like DSI. I'm surprised Ubisoft sees this kind of money potential in this but I guess soccer moms will buy anything that has a familiar name on it.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

6. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 12:17 xx

big fish games has a hell's kitchen with gordon ramsy already

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/3479/hells-kitchen-game/index.html

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo