Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Operation Flashpoint 2 Website Today, Movie Tomorrow

A preliminary Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising Website (thanks Moreno), sporting images, a link to the forums for the military shooter sequel, and a "video" option on the menu that brings up a window saying 07.11.08, strongly suggesting a movie will be released tomorrow.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. No subject Jul 11, 2008, 12:10 xXBatmanXx

I actually prefer to play ArmA as co-op not on the servers.
Tons of fun.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 19:53 Jedi Master

Don't play on public servers.

Ever.

This goes for every game out there. Play with people you know who have no reason to cheat.

14. Re: Sweet! Jul 10, 2008, 18:30 Joss

I'm really hoping this will be a success as ArmA is showing its age and about the above mentionings of script-mongers.

Hope that HDR lighting is the real deal and not Photoshop tweaks.

13. ... Jul 10, 2008, 17:35 Muscular Beaver

Prolly not much hope for it.
Fits in the line with Blizzard trying to continue Diablo without Blizzard North, though.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

12. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 17:34 Donkey_Punch

Great defense.

11. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 17:25 Dmitri_M

Boohoo.

10. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 17:11 Donkey_Punch

Dmitri_M is at it again blindly defending a game.

I just tried playing Arma today with Battleye and signature checking turned on the server and the hackers ruined the game again.

No fun at all.

9. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 16:41 Veinman

Apparently this game is being released for consoles as well.

/pot stirred

8. Re: The last 2% is the holy grail Jul 10, 2008, 16:02 Dmitri_M

SlipperyJim is at it again.

7. The last 2% is the holy grail Jul 10, 2008, 14:21 saluk

Unfortunately the last 2% is probably the most difficult bit to get right. If you rush the first 98%, you can't hope to get the thing polished or bug free, because the architecture will be completely shot by that point. The only thing to do with a turd is try and recoup the development costs, and make poor gamers suffer through the failure. An effort could be made to debug it, but I assure you, debugging a badly coded game can be as much work as developing it in the first place.

6. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 14:02 SirKnight

I just hope the controls wont be as sluggish and unresponsive like OFP1 and ArmA. The movement can still be very realistic without having to be sluggish and weird.

It will be interesting seeing OFP2 vs ArmA 2. I put my bets on OFP2 though.

5. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 13:01 Donkey_Punch

Okay maybe I was a little harsh with calling Arma "almost unplayable". It depends on the server. When you find a stable server it is like finding a four leaf clover.

It always seems insane to me why a company does 98% of the hard and expensive work of making the game and then when it comes to the last 2% of patching bugs they fail. So close to having a good game except for the final polish. Insane.

The money to fix a game must be included in their budget. It should not be dependent on sales. It doesn't matter if 100 units or 100 million units sold - they owe it to their customers to have a working game.

Does the movie industry release a movie and then do re-shoots and fix problems if the opening weekend goes well?

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 13:08.

4. OF2 Jul 10, 2008, 12:46 Mr Gar

Screenshots look good http://www.codemasters.co.uk/flashpoint2/index.php#/gallery/

EDIT: Probably from prerendered trailer :-(

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 12:49.

3. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 12:03 Donkey_Punch

Hope it is less buggy than Arma. Between the constant server crashes and script kiddies that are hacking the servers Arma is almost unplayable. It took one year to get a patch that has left the game with MASSIVE lag.

I have given up on BIS because they can't seem to make a game that isn't riddled with problems. Hopefully Opflash2 will retain some of the magic from Opflash 1 and some from Arma and not simply be a BF2 clone.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 12:03.

2. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 11:55 xXBatmanXx

WOOT.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Sweet! Jul 10, 2008, 11:52 Wildone

Just fix the gun play its always felt...awkward..

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo