Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QuakeCon 2008 Competitions - QUAKE LIVE

The id Software Website has details on the tournaments they are running at this year's QuakeCon (thanks Gamer's Hell), which kicks off at the end of this month in Dallas, TX, announcing two QUAKE LIVE (yes, this is disturbingly presented in all caps) tourneys, as Intel is sponsoring both one-on-one and CTF competitions. There will also be a pair of Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars team championships, one for PC and the other for Xbox 360. For those with better luck than reflexes, there will also be a pair of raffles, one for a series of cash prizes, and the other giving away a 2008 Corvette coupe.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2008, 04:43 Flo

I also want Quake Live. I've been having a blast with Legions Beta and that pretty much convinced me that a browser FPS can work.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 19:41 TB

Most annoying thing about Quake Live is they setup the site, and theres been 0 info from id. No updates, no screenshots, nothing.

9. QUAKE LIVE? Jul 10, 2008, 17:17 Sir Graves

Wonder when the heck we'll be able to actually start playing QUAKE LIVE at its website?

8. Re: wewt Jul 10, 2008, 16:14 DG

It's won by raffle, I thought winnings from a game of chance weren't taxed?

7. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 16:13 PointlesS

I would count on it...wolfenstein is supposedly showing at e3 and rage was shown off last year...I'd imagine they'd show off either rage...doom 4...or wolf...maybe 2 or maybe all 3

6. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2008, 15:18 Rosco

any word on whether they'll be showing Rage or Ravens new Wolfenstein project?

My thoughts as well. With the news today that RtCW2 may be in E3 has most interested me in this development.

Consoles are schwag.

5. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 14:21 Hump

any word on whether they'll be showing Rage or Ravens new Wolfenstein project?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: wewt Jul 10, 2008, 13:21 Nate

I fell bad for the guy that wins a corvette. It's a $45,000 car, the winner has to pay taxes to register it in their state (my state costs 9% of cars value). Plus the winner has to pay 25% - 30% taxes on the value of the prize.

If I won that corvette it would cost me ~$15,000 to keep it. ouch!

3. Re: wewt Jul 10, 2008, 11:17 manic half

i so wish i could go. being in australia makes it next to impossible :p

2. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 10:19 strich

Blue, you gonna make it this year?

it's prolly been a few years since you made the trek.

I go most years, but not for the play. Just to see the sites for a few hours and then leave.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

1. wewt Jul 10, 2008, 10:11 PointlesS

I had a blast last year...unfortunately though instead of living 150 miles away from it I now live some 1200 miles away

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo