Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 Jerykk

That being said, I'm not sure I would consider those who say "I will only play games on my 360" or "I will only play PC games" true gamers because they are tossing aside something they would potentially like based on principle.

I've been a PC gamer and a console gamer (back when they existed in their own separate spheres) and I definitely like PC gaming better. As such, it's all too depressing to see what Microsoft has done to it. While it would be convenient to be complacent and play whatever I want, I simply can't support Microsoft and their Xbox. Not when I understand that that's exactly what they want.

Besides that, most of the 360 games I want to play inevitably get ported to the PC anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 11:45 CrimsonPaw

If you're truly passionate about PC gaming ...
Personally, I'm passionate about gaming. I like games, PC games, hand held games, console games; I enjoy the recreation that gaming has brought to my life. That being said, I'm not sure I would consider those who say "I will only play games on my 360" or "I will only play PC games" true gamers because they are tossing aside something they would potentially like based on principle.

~~Crim~~

11. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 11:18 xXBatmanXx

There are games on consoles that aren't on PC's, and games on PC's that aren't on consoles, some are good, some are bad. It's quite easy to pick and choose what to play on what platform.

I consider myself die hard pc by every sense of the word.....but there comes a point when after sitting at a desk all day in front of a pc working.....i just can't sit at my desk at home. Call it age, call it weird, call it whatever you want. But sometimes the little 360 remote is more comfy....

But, with that being said, I haven't been playing much 360 at all.....and have been playing lots of PC.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 11:14 xXBatmanXx

I wish there was a way to skip songs or replace them with a download of ones you can't stand - in fact, hate with a passion and your ears bleed....

I won't be buying RB2 for the fact that it is showing an REM song.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 08:55 JM

In this case, LucasArts has forsaken PC gamers, the very community who helped it rise to prominence back in the 90s. If you buy their games on consoles, you are validating their actions and nothing will change.

While I admire your commitment to the cause, if you honestly believe a boycott of LucasArts products by a handful of PC gamers is going to somehow reverse the console trend, you are sadly mistaken, IMO.

8. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 05:12 Krovven

If you're truly passionate about PC gaming, you can't support Microsoft without coming off as a hypocrite.

I don't have a 360, for many reasons. But no I'm not "passionate" about PC gaming to the extent that you are (see fanatical). There are games on consoles that aren't on PC's, and games on PC's that aren't on consoles, some are good, some are bad. It's quite easy to pick and choose what to play on what platform.

----------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto IV.....what else is there?

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

7. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 01:50 Charlie_Six

Free Radical (haze developers) are making Battlefront 3... so I dunno if we should care too much about this game anyway

I'm pretty bummed out. I was hoping we'd see a AAA quality Battlefront 3 for the current gen systems. On the other hand, Free Radical could take the Battlefront franchise in some fresh directions.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

6. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 01:45 Jerykk

I don't like that they are abandoning the PC, but I'll still play their games if they are good and I own the system it's on.

That's what they're counting on. Well, not the "good" part but the "buying regardless of system" part.

There have been times where I've briefly considered buying a 360... but then I remember that Microsoft is largely responsible for the state of PC gaming today. If I buy an Xbox, I'm not just bending over and letting them exploit me with overpriced peripherals and games, online fees, inferior control schemes, etc, but I'm contributing to the decline of PC gaming itself.

If you're truly passionate about PC gaming, you can't support Microsoft without coming off as a hypocrite. It's like advocating peace while funding terrorism.

In this case, LucasArts has forsaken PC gamers, the very community who helped it rise to prominence back in the 90s. If you buy their games on consoles, you are validating their actions and nothing will change.

5. Re: LucasArts Jul 10, 2008, 00:41 Krovven

Damned you LucasArts, I'll never buy one of your products again...

...right after Lego Star Wars!

...right after Lego Indy!

...I mean right after Force Unleashed! That's when I'll stop.

OK, well maybe Fracture...or right after...oh nevermind.

I don't like that they are abandoning the PC, but I'll still play their games if they are good and I own the system it's on.

----------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto IV.....what else is there?

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

4. Re: CliffyB Jul 10, 2008, 00:01 Ray Marden

What if you have a game that excels with, say, two buttons? If the controller only has one, you either don't release the game on that platform or you minimize it somehow. Whereas if the controller has three buttons, you can just disable the third button or have it duplicate one of the two existing functions.

How about wanting newer, different features instead of just more buttons? How about improving the ergonomics? How about changing the size? How about suggesting a new type of control input? How about adding supplements to the existing controller?

BUT NO. ME CLIFFY. ME WANT LESS. RARRRGGGH. OR ME MAKE THIRD USELESS FUNCTION TO USE ALL BUTTON!
Seriously, take a moment and think about it.
Not thinking too highly of the people at Epic,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

3. LucasArts Jul 9, 2008, 23:02 Jerykk

Looks like LucasArts has completely abandoned the PC.

Oh well. Maybe I'll care when they start making good games again.

2. Re: CliffyB Jul 9, 2008, 22:55 beigemore

Could always just use an atari-to-usb adapter.

After that, they'll start wanting a number pad instead.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 22:56.

1. CliffyB Jul 9, 2008, 22:04 ldonyo

CliffyB needs to play more games and do less talking. Maybe he's just having a hard time thinking of features or gameplay mechanics that need buttons, so he hopes there will be fewer buttons next time around. He might want to take a look at Sony's and Nintendo's controllers, so he has a bit of a clue about which he is speaking. Does working at Epic cause your brain cells to die?  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo