Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. No subject Jul 10, 2008, 11:12 xXBatmanXx

Windows 3.1 -> Windows 95: 3 years
Windows 95 -> Windows 98: 3 years
Windows 98 -> Windows ME: 2 years
Windows ME -> Windows XP: 1 year

WIN98 SE fully patched ftw.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 18:19 sponge

too bad vista does suck, and they are already going to replace it in 3 years

lol?

Windows 3.1 -> Windows 95: 3 years
Windows 95 -> Windows 98: 3 years
Windows 98 -> Windows ME: 2 years
Windows ME -> Windows XP: 1 year

Do some research, idiot.

10. Hope SP3 is better than this!!! Jul 9, 2008, 18:13 The Fox

http://digg.com/microsoft/Microsoft_Patch_Disconnects_ZoneAlarm_Computers

I had no net access after Tuesday's update.

9. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 16:58 beigemore

I dunno, I was completely against Vista for the longest time, but decided to bite the bullet when building my new system a couple months ago and went with Vista Home Premium 64bit. I've had zero issues with it, and it runs really fast for me. My mind has been changed.

I work in retail and deal with new Vista PC's every single day. I've seen the ins and outs but I never really sat down and used any of those systems like I would use my own. I didn't realize how decent it was until I actually bought it for myself.

I think for Vista to run well, you really do need a system with 4gb ram and the 64bit version of the OS. I've owned two laptops, the P6831FX (Vista32, 3gb ram, T5450 1.6ghz) and now the P6860FX (Vista64, 4gb ram, T5550 1.83ghz), and the 6860FX runs a lot smoother than the 6831. I don't think the 200mhz difference in CPU speed is the reason for the jump in performance. I ended up running XP on the 6831, but I'm going to stick with Vista on the 6860.

I'm not advocating that Vista is great for everyone, but it works well if it isn't running on crappy hardware.

Just my two cents.

8. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 16:49 Propagandhi

Yeah, it sounds funny... but it's kinda true. I waste a lot of time with video games, I waste less time now that I own a mac....  
I eat pasta!

7. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 16:04 PropheT

Granted, i've been reduced to a handful of games now that i'm on OSX, but there's something to be said for the amount of money i'm saving every year in not buying every game on a whim cause the cover looks cool.

So...OSX is better than Vista because it can't run the things you'd want, saving you money?

What?

6. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 14:57 Bone43

You should try PC Gaming it's far better than gaming on a console. Since you use OS-X it's obvious that you cant play PC games. =(

OUCH!!!!!

5. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 13:28 strich

You should try PC Gaming it's far better than gaming on a console. Since you use OS-X it's obvious that you cant play PC games. =(

i dont game on consoles and i was a pc gamer for years before i got sick of MS and their bullshit OS and virus laden applications. Granted, i've been reduced to a handful of games now that i'm on OSX, but there's something to be said for the amount of money i'm saving every year in not buying every game on a whim cause the cover looks cool.

I'm a pretty hardcore Blizzard fan and i'm lucky since they release all of their games in both OS formats.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

4. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 11:43 Techie714

@Strich

R.I.P George Carlin 1937-2008

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 11:31 strich

is this the patch that removes Vista from the OS?

Vista's the reason i went OSX. Never go back to MS again.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Microsoft Spending $300+ Million Jul 9, 2008, 11:26 Jim

Ok, let's say they get $100 a copy, why don't they just GIVE AWAY 3 million copies? If they did that, would they not accomplish their goal of getting more people to use Vista?

Jim

1. No subject Jul 9, 2008, 10:58 Jackal

too bad vista does suck, and they are already going to replace it in 3 years

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo