Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New X-Plane Beta

The X-Plane Website now offers a new version 9.20 beta 3 of X-Plane, the PC, Linux, and Macintosh flights simulator. This should appeal to those interest in authenticity, as word is "X-Plane 9.20 is one of the more FAA-Certified-feature-packed releases we have ever done."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Played it last night Jul 9, 2008, 03:40 m00t

You know what junior? When YOU go out and get a pilot's licence, then we'll talk. In the mean time, actually LEARN something about what you're trying to school ME on sport. I think you'll find out in pretty short order who the fool is.

Come now, let's review:
Wildone:
still much to be desired, when the planes fly 'too' fast they wobble maniacally and I was in an F22 now isn't it built to go 600 Mph??! Terrain is still basic & the plane models looked about circa 2001'ish. For an 11 gig install I was expecting more?

You:
Umm. The reality is that if a planes flys too fast, it ACTUALLY begins to "wobble manacally", as shock waves begin to form over the control surfaces. It's likely you never even SEEN an airplane let alone ever flown one if your trying to take the piss out of X-Planes flight model. Back to Crimson Skies for you pal. You won't get an F22 to be stable at supersonic speeds down on the deck. Just ain't gonna happen.

Let's take this apart for a second.
F22 is the USAF's newest and most advanced (that we know of) fighter jet. We know it has a top speed in excess of Mach 1.75 (without after burners...)

At 500' > sea level Mach 1 is about 760mph.

We have video evidence of both an F14 and an F/A-18 going in excess of Mach 1 with no problems (well, the F14 DID explode, but that was less than related)

You seriously think the F22 is incapable of this?

Pulling out your "pilot's license" (I like how you can't even spell it) and talking like you know something when you clearly don't only makes you look like a complete tool.

Keep in mind that Mach 1 is relative to the speed of sound in the medium of travel, so Mach 1 at sea level is faster than Mach 1 higher up, HOWEVER, the stresses on the plane and the aerodynamic response at Mach1 at either altitude are almost the same.

In conclusion: their flight model leaves something to be desired. F22 'wobbling' at 600mph is a joke regardless of altitude so long as it's below the ceiling.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 03:41.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Played it last night Jul 8, 2008, 23:48 WebDemon

You know what junior? When YOU go out and get a pilot's licence, then we'll talk. In the mean time, actually LEARN something about what you're trying to school ME on sport. I think you'll find out in pretty short order who the fool is.

6. Re: Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 16:49 Wildone

wow an F18 can do it, but not the 200 million dollar F22, strange..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdbCGzmCfg

Umm get your facts right before you look like a complete tool..oh wait...

" You won't get an F22 to be stable at supersonic speeds down on the deck. Just ain't gonna happen. "

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 17:13.

5. Re: Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 14:01 Wildone

Moron. The F22 can do 1600 mph without wobbling around like a paper airplane

4. Re: Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 11:49 m00t

Umm, if their F22 can't hit Mach 1 on the deck (or anywhere else for that matter), then yeah, their flight model leaves something to be desired.

3. Re: Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 11:34 WebDemon

Umm. The reality is that if a planes flys too fast, it ACTUALLY begins to "wobble manacally", as shock waves begin to form over the control surfaces. It's likely you never even SEEN an airplane let alone ever flown one if your trying to take the piss out of X-Planes flight model. Back to Crimson Skies for you pal. You won't get an F22 to be stable at supersonic speeds down on the deck. Just ain't gonna happen.

2. Played it last night Jul 7, 2008, 11:26 Wildone

still much to be desired, when the planes fly 'too' fast they wobble maniacally and I was in an F22 now isn't it built to go 600 Mph??! Terrain is still basic & the plane models looked about circa 2001'ish. For an 11 gig install I was expecting more?

1. No subject Jul 7, 2008, 10:39 Burrito of Peace

Now where can I find some towers...

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo