Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Frontline Demo Soon

The Frontlines: Fuel of War Website has word to expect a playable demo for the PC edition of the military shooter within the next couple of weeks:

We will be releasing a PC demo of Frontlines: Fuel of War in the first half of July.

The demo will have the following specifics:

• English language only
        • It will be current with the 1.1.1 version of the client
        • Maps: Oilfield and GNAW
        • No CDKey validation will be needed by players

Watch for more news about the demo in the coming weeks!

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Waste Jun 27, 2008, 14:07 Pedle Zelnip

No CDKey validation will be needed by players

The fact that this needs to be explicitly specified makes me shake my head.

PZ
------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Waste Jun 27, 2008, 03:33 WebDemon

Bug ridden shit. Unless BIG fixes have been made, don't waste the bandwidth DL'ing this turd.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 03:33.

9. Re: Waste Jun 27, 2008, 03:14 Flo

Played the 360 MP Demo and although it was kind of fun I can't say there's anything in it that would pull a PC player away from TF2, Quake Wars, etc etc.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

8. Re: Waste Jun 27, 2008, 01:23 Prez

I'm willing to give the demo a try. I don't know about the buggy release - I just care about the state of the game if and when I buy it.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Waste Jun 27, 2008, 01:12 Surf

Waste of time, money and effort. Out of the gate dog shit, don't bother. They don't deserve your money since paying for the game would imply "Yes we like what you did, give us more!"

Bastards need to suffer and learn, make a good game next time or go under just like all the other developers.

6. Did it fix my router issue? Jun 27, 2008, 00:27 Ant

I couldn't play online during its beta.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 23:30 Hump

i read SP is a joke.....more like a tutorial for the MP and MP had some problem....don't know if it is fixed yet

No, the SP isn't going to win any awards and, yes, it does serve as a partial tutorial. Having said that I went in with the same mindset not expecting anymore than that, a tutorial, and found an entertaining game. I'm sure many of the multiplayer bugs they had have been adressed.

If they finally drop the price on Steam to $30 its definitely worth a purchase.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 21:50 Tehol

i read SP is a joke.....more like a tutorial for the MP and MP had some problem....don't know if it is fixed yet.

3. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 21:43 nin

This is actually a really fun game that got waylaid by bugs. The single player was surprising entertaining

So have they fixed those bugs? I wondered if it was any good. Might check out the demo now, based on your comments.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 21:25 TychoCelchuuu

Haven't played it, but it's hardly the first game to not use classes.

1. No subject Jun 26, 2008, 21:16 Hump

This is actually a really fun game that got waylaid by bugs. The single player was surprising entertaining and the MP is decent as well. I especially like the way they did away with classes and allowed you to outfit yourself the way you want.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo