Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Op Ed

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 15:50 MMORPGHoD

Shut down the PC and open a book.

Sounds like advice that should have been given to the author of the article in question. It's a video game. If you don't accept that, then how's this:

The victors get to write history.. and the video games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 12:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Seriously, go back to solitare, if you're going to troll on a gaming site you should at least have played a computer game before.
Solitaire?! Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how many atrocities have been committed by monarchies throughout history? And then we have some stupid card game come along and start glorifying kings and queens. It makes me sick!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 11:39 Mason

Yes, we do understand. And the author's still dumb.

His argument is that colonization is inherently bad, and shouldn't be the subject of a computer game at all. Yes, there were horrific events during the settling of the new world, but does that make the game evil? Oh right, and all WWII games are bad because of the holocaust, and anything dealing with the civil is racist.

So....what, we pretend it never happened? Seriously, go back to solitare, if you're going to troll on a gaming site you should at least have played a computer game before.

6. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 07:26 F7

Calling the article dumb is in itself 'dumb'. The author eloquently argues his point, one that is irrefutable historically speaking, and the only counter-argument you dolts can come up with is that, 'It's dumb.' Kudos to you guys! I'm sure corporate entities are knocking down your doors to employ you geniuses!

If any of you had the slightest clue about colonization, it's place in history, and it's ripple effects (racism in America, land grabs in Zimbabwe which has lead to the current issues over there, etc.) that are felt in contemporary times, you'd react differently. But by and large I think that the reason you reacted the way you did is simply because you do not have the knowledge to understand the authors' article on a fundamental basis. And if you cannot understand the basic concepts of an argument, nothing that's said will make sense to you.

Shut down the PC and open a book.

5. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 04:20 Flo

Dumb. Agreed. Being offended by a strategy game... *shakes head*  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

4. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 03:34 Bet

This may well be one of the dumbest articles I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

3. Re: Wow is right. Jun 27, 2008, 01:27 Prez

What a stupid friggin' article. It HAS to be a joke, right?

If not, please STFU. I suppose playing the German side in Company of Heroes is immoral. Jackass.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: Wow is right. Jun 26, 2008, 21:55 Kosumo

This article, very try hard imho.

He should wake up, I went to countries last year where colonization was taking place today like it did 180 years ago here in New Zealand (West Pappa)

1. Wow is right. Jun 26, 2008, 21:26 PropheT

This may well be one of the dumbest articles I've ever had the misfortune of reading.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo