Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Wii-style PC Controllers

X-bit labs has word on Asustek's plans to introduce PC controllers that seem to be inspired by the motion-sensitive Wii Wiimote and Nunchuck controllers (thanks Mike Martinez). They have photos of the device, called an Eee Stick, but acknowledge that at this point it's not clear if this is intended as an exclusive for Eee PCs or as a standalone peripheral.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. screw that, get a wiimote Jun 26, 2008, 17:19 MacD

Hehe. which is why I bought a wiimote for my pc. Using GlovePIE, I write and download numerous scripts. As for calibration issues...I don't even have a sensor bar (have the parts, haven't gotten 'round to putting them together yet), but I can re-calibrate location at the push of a button.

Dunno why Wii games can't have that functionality...it's VERY simple to program (especially when you have a sensor bar to calibrate against).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Get rich quick theme... Jun 26, 2008, 08:43 DanL

Is Asustek and Asus the same company? I always thought they were.

3. Get rich quick theme... Jun 26, 2008, 03:50 JohnBirshire

Ugh why didn't I think of this?! I could have been rich! *heavy sarcasm intended*

I got two good laughs today. One was Guitar Hero for the DS, and the other was this.

I smell flop.

P.S. I have a Wii, and the Wiimote sucks. You can't even calibrate it with your screen, have to choose between "Top" and "Bottom". It's always several inches off no matter what you do. Plus, when you're using it, it isn't 100% accurate, closer to 80%. Really takes the skill and precision out of the games that use it. Nintendo's saving grace is that the average kid or casual gamer doesn't even notice, otherwise it would have been a catastrophe. The Wiimote is simply a redesigned Power Glove.

2. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2008, 02:37 Shadowcat

it's not clear if this is intended as an exclusive for Eee PCs
I do hope so, because what one really wants to do when dealing with a teeny tiny little screen is get up and stand several feet away from it in order that you have room to wave your hands at it.

1. No subject Jun 25, 2008, 21:13 Slink

That's great, but unless games come out that support it (and not half-assedly either), then this might be cool. If not, it'll just end up as another useless and stupid gaming peripheral in the bargain bin.

- - - - - -
AoC: Darsius (Cimmeria) -- CoH: Photon Prime (Freedom) -- TF2 and CoD4 (and other random FPSes): Slink(FSU)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo