Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Patch Plans

An update on the Battlefield Website has word on plans for an upcoming patch for Battlefield 2, though the update does not make mention of the new maps that we'd heard would also be announced (story). Word is the release of the patch will be preceded by open beta testing.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Hard to get players Jun 24, 2008, 21:52 CreamyBlood

BF 1942 was the best in the series, and in my opinion, the only one worth playing. It went all downhill from there.

As to Quake Wars not getting enough players, that's probably because it's too complex for the average Joe Gamer. It's really a niche market.

I've never played UT3 and only demos of the previous games and never got into it, but I heard it was a rehash of the originals.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Hard to get players Jun 24, 2008, 03:56 LittleMe

IMO here is what is happening.

The recent games like ET:QW, UT3 and several others (frontlines, etc..) had a much harder time getting people in online games than in the past. One reason is that there are more and more online games from which to choose.

So now game publishers are realizing that an online presence in their game is something to value and not take for granted. Certainly too, DICE wants to save some face as to having dropped BF2 patches for so long. Something is better than nothing.

I'm glad for a bf2 patch. Its free, and I love BF2. No game since BF2 has come close to what BF2 did, besides 2142 of course.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Was all just PR for BAD COMPANY Jun 24, 2008, 03:02 Cyanotetyphas

Good call, its pretty obvious when you go to the site. Big giant bad company images surround a paltry BF2 news tidbid which ends with a Bad Company plug. BF2 was left for dead long ago, the only patch I see coming is the $60 one that just overwrites Bad Company onto your drive.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

3. Was all just PR for BAD COMPANY Jun 24, 2008, 01:12 Sir Graves

I think I have it figured out.

This "big BF2 announcement" stuff was all just a ruse, designed more to drum up attention overall (by proxy) for the new BAD COMPANY release, than to really share any super-exciting BF2 news. And everyone bought into it.

Just look at the little press release today (now yesterday, technically), it FIRST and mainly heralds the release of BAD COMPANY, and THEN, at the end, mentions; Oh by the way, someday we'll release a new BF2 patch, too. They didn't even mention the purported new map or anything else.

So this was the BIG BF2 news they teased us with??!

Fail.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 01:14.

2. Re: Shanghai Showdown Jun 23, 2008, 22:52 ViRGE

That's kind of an underwhelming announcement. A patch, but no idea of when or what it fixes. And an open beta which may drag on for months.

1. Shanghai Showdown Jun 23, 2008, 21:35 Nuhaus

Apparently some people have seen the map "Shanghai Showdown" showing up in the EF booster pack, speculating that this means the booster packs might be made free for all. I'm hoping they actualy did some work on the netcode for the game, but I'll be happy to try out the booster pack maps again (hardly played them when they first came out), especially in IO.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo