Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Legal Briefs

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 22:40 Quark

Uh ... the whole argument is that they weren't provided legal warrants and still gave up the info anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 22:00 Acleacius

Say what? Corporations don't have a choice when presented with a warrant, you should do some more fact checking.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. No subject Jun 22, 2008, 21:04 Dreagon

The problem is that there is no way Congress was going to allow corporations to be punished for cooperating with the government....Republican, Democrat, or otherwise. There is simply no way they would ever allow that precedent to be set. As much as the Democrat congressmen were catching heat from their constituents, this was just a case where they were going to have to bite the bullet and ignore them in the most politically safe way they could find.  
------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

4. No subject Jun 22, 2008, 20:54 Dev

Probably because its an ELECTION, and they are all afraid to have people run ads on them that say they voted against something like this.

3. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 19:52 zirik

I'm wondering why it's okay for your government to wire tap you whenever they want to without a warrant and why nobody cares.

because money talks in capitol hill.

2. Re: No subject Jun 22, 2008, 19:21 CreamyBlood

I'm wondering why it's okay for your government to wire tap you whenever they want to without a warrant and why nobody cares.

The America of Old that I remember would be freaking right out over this.

1. No subject Jun 22, 2008, 16:50 Jackal

MPAA suing a person for 220,000$ for 22 songs being available on a single computer for download??

How and when is that valid?

i will not comment on the over the top claim that they need no proof that the files were not actually uploaded to anyone.

I just want to know why and when would it be valid to sue a single mother with 2 kids for 220,000 dollars for 22 songs on a PC?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo