Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Hey, today is the first day of summer here in the US, while it's still spring in Europe until tomorrow. It seems like it's been summer for some time now, as I heard many references to it being summer all through the spring, perhaps because it's been so darned hot. And to those in the southern hemisphere, happy winter, I guess.

Seasonal Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Dirt Bike Championship.
Mario Puppets.
Link: Total Recall: The Best of Stan Winston. Thanks nin.
Science: Bright Chunks at Phoenix Lander's Mars Site Must Have Been Ice. Thanks Jim.
Media: Great Musical Graduation Speech. Revenge for four years of swirlies.
Execution of the Marshmallowman. Just don't cross the streams.
What Happens When You Crap In Outer Space? Thanks Chris.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 20:19 space captain

fuck all that - im waiting for the live action "Thundercats"

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 19:15 Killer Kane

AND, the scripts are in for the new "Aquaman" movie...

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying

15. Re: This past week Jun 20, 2008, 19:03 Propagandhi

Just got home from vacation, and teh internets was too expensive to access from the hotel I was at - - can anyone give me a quick wrap on what I missed in the last 9 days?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost

I eat pasta!

14. This past week Jun 20, 2008, 18:43 banddirector

Just got home from vacation, and teh internets was too expensive to access from the hotel I was at - - can anyone give me a quick wrap on what I missed in the last 9 days?

-----------------------------------
The HD-DVD: silver medalist the most recent format war, a contest where everybody except gold is taken out back and shot through the head.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

13. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 17:40 deadgoon

And man, are they pushin that Avengers movie...

No crap, right? Isn't there a Thor movie slated for 2009? Makes a person wonder if they will be doing Captain America next. Unless they think that's a bit too patriotic considering all the whatnot going on in the world today. Nevermind... looks like it's titled "The First Avenger: Captain America". WTF?

12. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 17:21 nin

Just got back from seeing Hulk - not that great, I'm afraid. Hopefully they'll bring the cast back (esp Norton) for a second, better movie...

And man, are they pushin that Avengers movie...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 16:32 Propagandhi

Boy, that sure wasn't the case here in the Northwest. I think this last week was the only extended decent stretch of weather we've had since last fall. It's beautiful today though and I'm off early from work - think I'll take a nap.

You've spoken too soon, at least here in Van it's clouded up again...

I eat pasta!

10. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 16:28 WarPig

It seems like it's been summer for some time now, as I heard many references to it being summer all through the spring, perhaps because it's been so darned hot.

Boy, that sure wasn't the case here in the Northwest. I think this last week was the only extended decent stretch of weather we've had since last fall. It's beautiful today though and I'm off early from work - think I'll take a nap.

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 11:27 xXBatmanXx

I've only been to SD once, but it was very beautiful...a little too rural for my tastes, but still beautiful.

I grew up in Rapid City - well, "east" of Rapid, it is called "Rapid Valley". It is still the city. More like 'burb life. Not sure how many are familiar with the area, but it is very close to the dirt/clay race track in Rapid.

(Now my father was from PRESHO South Dakota.....1 paved street. hehehehehehe)

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 11:29.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 11:25 nin

I really miss being a kid in South Dakota on summer vacation.

I've only been to SD once, but it was very beautiful...a little too rural for my tastes, but still beautiful.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:53 xXBatmanXx

ya I think the first "day" of summer is tomorrow, while summer "starts" today. I also think we go through this every year lol

I sat on the back porch this AM with the dogs, it being a balmy 70+ already at 7:30 am - I thought to myself.......I really miss being a kid in South Dakota on summer vacation.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:48 Quboid

Interesting Overflow. I wiki'ed solstices and you're right. It's 23:59 UTC, so summertime has pushed it into the 21st for me.

Quboid

- Quboid

5. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:29 Yutz

ya I think the first "day" of summer is tomorrow, while summer "starts" today. I also think we go through this every year lol

4. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:29 deadgoon

Yea, the gregorian calendar follows most of the pagan rituals.

3. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:24 Overflow

Well here is the exact time summer begins.

Solstices June 20 23hrs 59mins. GMT I think that Eastern Time is 5 hours behind.

2. Re: Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:24 Quboid

I always took it to be June 1st but many people take it to be June/Sept/Dec/Mar 21st, as the 21st of June is the longest day and December 21st the shortest (in the northern hemisphere, natch). I think it's a cultural thing. I don't know why today is the first day of summer for Blue, what's that about?

Quboid

- Quboid

1. Uhm Jun 20, 2008, 10:17 Assassin

I thought summer is always starting on June 1st.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo