Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition in September

The Official Witcher Website has word that the release of the Enhanced Edition of CD Projekt's action/RPG is due in September. When a delay was announced in April (story) a new date was promised within days, but while that did not come to pass, the date has now been revealed:

CD Projekt RED would like to announce that the release date of The Witcher Enhanced Edition has been finally set. Consequently, the vastly improved edition of the acclaimed CD Projekt RED’s magnum opus has been set for the first half of September 2008. Setting the release date for September results from the requirement of polishing all ten language versions and releasing The Witcher Enhanced Edition in all languages at the same time. The Enhanced Edition by itself will be a deluxe one, containing a lot of additional content not available in the basic version of the game.

The exclusive edition of The Witcher apart from the game dvd will also consist of a video dvd, a bonus materials dvd (among all D’jinni the adventure editor and 2 official adventures “The price of neutrality” and “Side effect”), the game soundtrack as well as a music cd with music inspired by the game. The new content and improvements will be available to registered users of the game free-of-charge.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 21, 2008, 02:17 Ray Marden

Yyyyeeeaahhh, I know.

I had some launch icons on my desktop from similar games that I had given up on or become bored/annoyed with. I finally decided one day that, damn it, I was going to beat those crappy games.

I had purchased them and I was determined to beat them!
I get so pissed off with their sh*t that I am determined to beat them.
Most of the ones I already had installed needed the CD/DVD to play and, while grabbing those, I realized I had some games that I had never completed and, being so annoyed with them, had removed them from my system.

Tying in with my pre-established insanity, I was determined to beat those, too - leading to where I am now. Gothic 3 is such a deeply flawed chore of a game (dear lord the combat sucks ass,) but I am getting close to the end. I've cleared out quests in two of the lands and am about halfway through the third land. From there, I just need to go back and "rescue" all the various cities and then I can work on ending the story.

Luckily for me, I've beaten all the sh*tty games I have with the exception of (currently) Gothic 3 and (next) Quake 4.

Utterly insane %),
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 20, 2008, 20:46 Creston

Dont' ask me why, but I've been going back through all my sh*t games and working on finishing them. That's why I recently beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I'm actually working on that joke Gothic 3.

Jesus, Ray, are you okay? A man has got to be really down before he goes back and plays Gothic 3 again...

Please tell us you're okay dude!

Creston

16. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 13:44 baltar

@ space captain

europe > US in terms of pcgames...

15. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 11:52 space captain

word. seems like the only attempts at *real* PC games these days are coming out of eastern Europe

still waiting for Space Rangers 3 over here.. i think they renamed it tho

Go forth, and kill!

14. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 09:58 xXBatmanXx

And let's not forget that with this level of support chances are high I will buy their next game.

QFMFT. Feels like gaming back in the day doesn't it?

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

13. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 09:41 Wolfox

Actually, with the latest patch (1.3), it is indeed quite playable. I've played through all of it and loading times didn't get in the way at all.

By the way, for me at least, it's easily the best RPG I've played since Planescape: Torment. I'd go even further: in some aspects, I liked it even more than PS:T - and that is saying A LOT.

12. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 06:15 Flo

And let's not forget that with this level of support chances are high I will buy their next game.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

11. No subject Jun 20, 2008, 05:51 peteham

Only reason I stopped my playthrough early in the original version was the abysmal loading times, and then I figured I might as well wait for this. Looking forward to picking it up again. Maybe it's actually playable now

It's really nice to see this level of support for a game, especially when they don't really stand to make much from it (doubt if it's really gonna drive sales that much). Of course, if they hadn't, I'd piss and moan about it endlessly and then download it, whereas now, I might actually buy a second copy to show my support for a great dev

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 06:00.

10. Re: Cool Jun 20, 2008, 02:23 Flo

Damnit, I want to continue this awesome game....  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

9. Cool Jun 20, 2008, 00:30 Dreagon

I'm kinda glad I held off getting this one. It sounds like there will be a PC game worth my time in September now.  
------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

8. No subject Jun 19, 2008, 23:31 Umbragen

I'm just pissed I have to wait so long for the updates, I quit playing when I heard about the engine overhaul and reworked dialog/voice acting.

7. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 19, 2008, 22:38 Jerykk

I'm hoping they really screwed up the demo and tried to shove too many things into it, but I did not really feel like I was playing a game, much less a RPG.

The first chapter of the game is somewhat underwhelming. As you progress through the game, things get more interesting and the consequences of your choices become more apparent.

That said, if you can't get over the relatively hands-off combat, you probably won't like the game anyway.

6. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 19, 2008, 22:32 Ray Marden

I hear good things about this one, but I just cannot bring myself to buy it.

The initial bug reports and some of the more lukewarm reviews turned me off of it originally (I wasn't in the mood to find the diamond in the rough.) However, noting some patches and the generally positive comments from people, I downloaded and installed the demo about a month ago.

But there were still too many rough edges for me to care. And I don't know if it was a particularly terrible demo build, but it did not make me care about the game at all. It really felt like cutscene and cutscene with little moments of banal "clickfest" combat. I'm hoping they really screwed up the demo and tried to shove too many things into it, but I did not really feel like I was playing a game, much less a RPG.

There were lots of other polish or low budget moments, too, but the initial impression of not controlling my character just turned me off.
Blah blah blah...click combat click combat...blah blah blah...
Dont' ask me why, but I've been going back through all my sh*t games and working on finishing them. That's why I recently beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and I'm actually working on that joke Gothic 3. With the crap I'm currently putting up with, I just don't have the drive to put up with another "rough" game (though I concede, from general opinions, there is probably more of a game to be had here than with the others.)

Having three loading screens while positing this :o,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

5. Re: Uncensored? Jun 19, 2008, 22:14 Huzsar

Will the US version be uncensored?

I do not remember where I found it but there is a mod that brings back the original uncensored cards and textures.

Also if you know Polish I highly recommended also getting the mod for replacing the language to that one, it's much better then the English translation, thou they are rerecording it for the enhanced edition.

4. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 19, 2008, 22:00 Eldaron Imotholin

This game is absolutely fantastic indeed. Geralt is the coolest character I've ever seen in any game or movie. If this Enhanced Edition comes in a fancy package I'll sure as hell buy it. Otherwise I'll just get the free edition.

This game is worth every single cent you spend buying it and every single second you spend playing it.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 22:01.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

3. Re: Dont Miss!! Jun 19, 2008, 21:55 xXBatmanXx

If you missed this game the first time around you missed out on one of the BEST RPG experiences since Baldurs Gate, Deus Ex, & Fallout. Who really cares about the uncensored version to my knowledge it just shows a little skin to me that's an aesthetic and not a big deal compared to the actual story line & game play. Anyway I have played & finished it & I'll be sure to get this new FREE upgrade when it's released. It really is a great game folks.

I am waiting for the content upgrade to play through, as I rarely play these types of games more than 1x.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. Dont Miss!! Jun 19, 2008, 21:53 Techie714 ©

If you missed this game the first time around you missed out on one of the BEST RPG experiences since Baldurs Gate, Deus Ex, & Fallout. Who really cares about the uncensored version to my knowledge it just shows a little skin to me that's an aesthetic and not a big deal compared to the actual story line & game play. Anyway I have played & finished it & I'll be sure to get this new FREE upgrade when it's released. It really is a great game folks.

"If you were in it you would know.."
http://deathanddebauchery.com/
This comment was edited on Jun 19, 21:53.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Uncensored? Jun 19, 2008, 21:40 necrosis

Will the US version be uncensored?

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer