Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Team Fortress 2 Pyro Patch

Steam News has word that the Team Fortress 2 update is now available that adds a pair of new maps and the promised updates for the Pyro class. Word is:

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

• Added 2 community maps: cp_fastlane and ctf_turbine

Pyro

• Added alt-fire compression blast to the basic flamethrower
        • Added The Axtinguisher, The Backburner, and The Flare Gun
        • Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits
        • Tuned the flamethrower hit detection to improve detection versus retreating opponents
        • Removed Flamethrower's damage falloff (was falling off to 25% by the end)

cp_well

• Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements
        • Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

ctf_well

• Added a route from the forward central foyer up to the battlements
        • Removed central building, reduced overall map length
        • Redistributed health and ammunition throughout the bases

Other Notes

• Removed Soldier's 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps
        • In-game avatar images will now have a badge around them if the player is your friend
        • Fixed bug that allowed players to move around in a reference pose
        • Added custom death icons for unlockable weapons
        • The player join team message now specifies whether the player used the auto team option
        • Payload maps now support four control points per stage
        • Achievement dialog will stay open when you're moving in & out of the game and the main menu
        • Added full Russian localization, with both fonts & speech
        • Returned the "Report a Bug" option to the main menu

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. I knew it would be like this!!! Jun 20, 2008, 18:30 Zephalephelah

LOL, I'm owning EVERYONE! Just like I knew would happen.

All you suckers SUCK! I'm dominating every game with my super-pyro! No one hardly stands a chance! Thank you Valve. THANK YOU!

My favorite class, and it was 2nd for the update. OWNING EVERYONE!

BURN!!!! BURN!!!!!!! BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 10:25 BicycleRepairMan

It didnt remember any of my pyro stats

For me , the stats were added a little later, the first time i checked: nothing, and then after playing for a few minutes, without actually getting achievements, I suddenly had a few anyway.

Protect Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the hero of our time.
http://www.petitiononline.com/hirsiali/petition.html

16. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 09:29 Overon

That compressed air effect makes the thing behind the compressed air look wavey. Cool effect. It's really a great defensive tool. You can bounce back any non bullet projectiles. I even killed myself by reflecting an enemy soldiers rockets back at my own feet and got killed by the splash damage.

15. Re: No subject Jun 20, 2008, 04:55 Armengar

It didnt remember any of my pyro stats

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

14. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 23:01 Fion

I like having tuns of pyro's everywhere. Those of us who actually rock with the class.. all those crappy newb pyro's are easy kills

13. No subject Jun 19, 2008, 22:01 xXBatmanXx

not bad - the servers I play on have restrictions, so the NOW OVERPOWERED EVEN MORE pyro, isn't overly used.

You got a great body, but your record collection sucks....
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 20:06 Prez

Um yeah WTF is with a bug THAT big?!!?? It happens on every server I play now. I was just getting back into TF2

I think that is what happens when trying to connect to a server that hasn't incorporated the updates yet, isn't it?

I seem to remember the same issue immediately following the meidc update.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 20:08.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 20:02 Bucky

*sigh*

I was gonna start getting back into TF2, unfortunately the Pyro became my favorite class not long before I took a break from TF2. And now this.

Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. I'm just gonna have to play another class until the next class update.

10. No subject Jun 19, 2008, 19:33 Sepharo

-In-game avatar images will now have a badge around them if the player is your friend
-The player join team message now specifies whether the player used the auto team option

These two need to be added to all Valve games.

9. Re: Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 19:03 Com

Haha. Nuclear-nerf for Soldier. Why now with the Pyro buff though?

Isn't it obvious? So that soldiers that get rockets redirected at them by pyro's compression blast get the whole effect.

8. Re: Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 19:01 g_mann

In addition to all the Pyro updates, welcome the excellent respawn bug that is now prevelant across all servers running the update.

"No matter what class you pick, you can be affected. You will be unable to respawn and be stuck in spectator view with your weapon visible. The game is now unplayable for me and a slew of others.

How a bug like this got out is beyond me, but I hope they fix it soon. What a HUGE oversight... disappointment..."

Too Funny

Ha ha
/nelson off

7. Re: Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 18:50 shinchan0s

Removed Soldier's 40% damage reduction from his own rockets. Does not affect rocket jumps

Haha. Nuclear-nerf for Soldier. Why now with the Pyro buff though?

6. Re: Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 18:42 Coolone

Um yeah WTF is with a bug THAT big?!!?? It happens on every server I play now. I was just getting back into TF2

5. Thanks Valve Jun 19, 2008, 18:32 Uncle Daddy

In addition to all the Pyro updates, welcome the excellent respawn bug that is now prevelant across all servers running the update.

No matter what class you pick, you can be affected. You will be unable to respawn and be stuck in spectator view with your weapon visible. The game is now unplayable for me and a slew of others.

How a bug like this got out is beyond me, but I hope they fix it soon. What a HUGE oversight... disappointment...

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 18:33.

4. Re: Dont play it Jun 19, 2008, 18:28 Coolone

At least people will hopefully have gotten the medic out of their system. That was my fav class, and then EVERYBODY became medics

3. Dont play it Jun 19, 2008, 18:23 Wildone

for about 1.5 months while everyones gets the pyro 'out of their system'

2. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 18:14 cypher

nice can't wait to try the game again on my new system

1. No subject Jun 19, 2008, 18:13 Overon

Wow even more changes for the better.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >