Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Princess Bride Ships, Demo

The Princess Bride Website now offers promised online sales of their cartoony adventure game based on the film of the same name. There is also a trial version for the PC that allows you to play the opening levels of all five of the game's episodes for up to 30 minutes and can be activated to a full version through an online purchase (a Mac trial is expected in a couple of weeks). Word is: "The Princess Bride Game combines spectacular animation with the best of casual, narrative and adventure games - all based on the classic hit movie. Help Princess Buttercup and Westley manage life on the farm, defeat dastardly villains, survive the Fire Swamp, concoct miracle remedies, and vanquish the evil prince in order to live happily ever after." Have fun stormin' the castle!

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Princess Bride? Jun 19, 2008, 06:50 House

I like the eclectic news, the space given to indie titles, even if this particular game stunk. I'm a gamer, meaning I enjoy good games, whether Peggle or Portal, Harvest Moon or Halo.

Yeah, I too originally came to Blue's for Quake news, but honestly, man, how long ago was that? That scene was great, but it's over. Or maybe I just grew up.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No subject Jun 19, 2008, 04:48 Number{9}

Sometimes it seems like the developers themselves are coming here to defend their product the way some people push things and get defensive. It's not really hard to spot here. There are a modest number of people who actually post and I'm familiar with most of them.

> By the way, are you guys aware companies hire message posting shills?

-------------------
Ignore me!!!

13. No subject Jun 18, 2008, 22:34 KS

It's already far too cluttered with things I'm barely interested in as it is. I don't need a regurgitation of some corporation's RSS feed.

By the way, are you guys aware companies hire message posting shills?

12. Re: Princess Bride? Jun 18, 2008, 20:46 Ray Marden

Yar.

I'm a gamer - PC, consoles, various genres - not a Quake (only) gamer.
To each their own.
This game is not my cup of tea, but more coverage is good news. It means I have access to more information, more knowledge, and can experience a wider range of games.

Shrugging,
Ray

-----
I'm looking for some alien toilet to park my bricks; who's first?
http://www.flagshipped.com/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

11. Re: Princess Bride? Jun 18, 2008, 20:05 Propagandhi

I aws interested in the story - obviously the game isn't for me, and I don't know why the IP holders went this route... but it's still interesting to see.  
I eat pasta!

10. Fail Jun 18, 2008, 19:29 Parallax Abstraction

This game was developed by the same people who do the MoCap, LLC vidcast. 'Nuff said.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

9. Re: Princess Bride? Jun 18, 2008, 19:29 Number{9}

I don't care much for it either but if it means Blue can pay his bills and keep providing the website I'll keep coming as long as this sort of thing doesn't start dominating the content here.

> Blue, your journey to the Dark Side is complete.

-------------------
Ignore me!!!

8. Princess Bride? Jun 18, 2008, 19:20 KS

The Princess Bride game released!

On Bluesnews? Sigh.

My oh my how far we've strayed from the original Quake orientation. Deathmatch and CTF results, the original Quakecast with Blue and a few others as one of the very first regular Internet "radio" shows. Fragging of heads and so on.

I can see a bug or hack that lets you strip off Anne Hathaway's clothes, maybe. Or a way to grief people by making some eyeliner do 255 damage if the player makes a goof applying it. But just the Princess Bride, released?!?!?

The Princess Bride. Lovely. Blue, your journey to the Dark Side is complete.

7. Re: if you didn't have enough Jun 18, 2008, 17:33 JudB

i downloaded it and avg reports that there is a trojan in the main game exe.. just fyi.

6. OBEY GIANT Jun 18, 2008, 17:15 Kxmode

Can I play Fezzik?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

5. Re: if you didn't have enough Jun 18, 2008, 16:49 House

This is a collection of five really generic flash games with good art.

I guess if you're a Princess Bride super-fan it might be worth it, but there are plenty of free flash games out there for everyone else.

4. No subject Jun 18, 2008, 16:31 Number{9}

You've been chasing me your whole life only to fail now? I think that's the worst thing I've ever heard.  
-------------------
Ignore me!!!

3. Hello Jun 18, 2008, 16:13 FLY

My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.

2. Re: if you didn't have enough Jun 18, 2008, 15:24 Number{9}

I guess if you're a fan of flash mini-games or you have children they might enjoy it, but it's not really my cup of tea.

The demo doesn't seem to run in Vista without me running it as Administrator. [edit: It appears now that I've run it once as Admin it's fine. I presume it was installing some DRM software for this eLicense technology it comes with.]

On a side note, it appears as if Blue has been forced by his UGO masters to promote this game.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 15:26.

-------------------
Ignore me!!!

1. if you didn't have enough Jun 18, 2008, 15:03 harry

after u play the trail if u enter PBG-YVA-13 you get a longer version plus it discounts the game to like 8 buck if you want it forever...pretty cool just to let you know

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo