Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Grimm Trailer

A second trailer from American McGee's Grimm shows off more of the stylized look of the upcoming game from American McGee's Spicy Horse, promoting the launch of the first episode on July 31 on GameTap. The trailer can be found on AtomicGamer, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 16, 2008, 03:02 zirik

He did some great work with id...

that is the misconception about the id alumni (romero and mcgee). as a group they achieved something evolutionary in gaming. they seized an opportunity at the right time. individually though none of them has been able to replicate the success they had while working for id software.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 03:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: lol at McGee Jun 16, 2008, 02:54 zirik

He had nothing to do with the development of that.

i thought he was the executive producer of that game?

16. Re: lol at McGee Jun 15, 2008, 20:05 Elf Shot The Food

"Something that clearly shows in Scrapland"

He had nothing to do with the development of that.

15. Re: lol at McGee Jun 15, 2008, 20:01 Fuzzmatang

Let's face it, American McGee is an idiot, and what kind of fucked up name is "American". How many times did he get his ass kicked in high school for that name? This guy has no talent. Game God my ass...

His mom/family life was pretty messed up (read Masters of Doom). Yeah, I never understood how he got his name to be a brand starting with Alice. Was "Alice" copyrighted at the time or did EA work out some multi-title deal with American?

Only Sid Meier deserves to have his name somewhere in the title of a game...

14. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 16:51 Nuclear Watchdog

His name in the title probably does more harm than good.
Probably true. What the hell has he done to rate having his name in the title? That's what I thought, nothing. Arrogant fuck, he can't make a decent game to save his life.

================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston

13. No subject Jun 15, 2008, 15:22 Aero

Strikes me as though it's forcing it a little in an attempt to be different. It is encouraging to see someone at least trying though. Too many developers seem to be caught up in using the plot as a way to make gaming an accepted art form. In my opinion it really should be the game play and innovation and originality that has more artistic merit.

Basically, it seems like something that would make a fun little flash-game but that's about it.

12. Spicy Horse Jun 15, 2008, 13:27 FourPak

from http://www.spicyhorse.com/about-us.html
"Spicy's mission is to build eccentric game content for the PC and console market." In Shanghai.

In the View Gallery, is that an old WWII air raid shelter they're working from or what? Looks like 40 watt bulbs stuck to the ceiling and disguised as 'track lighting'. Whew, grim indeed.
This comment was edited on Jun 15, 13:29.

11. No subject Jun 15, 2008, 12:58 DI-MeisterM

Looks like 24 episodes are written within one week and then copy & paste. No thanks.

10. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 10:41 Evil Timmy

Fuck u. ktnxbye.
Finish your game already, then! Your whole series is exactly what I want out of a game, filled to the brim with so many things I should love, but so lacking in polish and cohesion, and so obtuse that I've never been able to get into any of your games, despite repeated tries with various incarnations. I wanted to, I really did, and I keep on seeing pieces of the ultimate space-game vision (combat and dialogue/cutscene elements from Mass Effect, epic space battles from Freespace 2, RPG system and choices from Deus Ex/Fallout, trading and adventure from Elite/WC Privateer), but the problem is making it into a complete and integrated whole. If you can do that, I'll gladly buy the game, from you or anyone else who can pull it off, and tattoo your company logo on my personage. While others seem to have pieced together a corner here or a 'holy shit it's a kitten' there, you've seen the picture on the box but have yet to piece together any clear contiguous portion of the whole. Maybe rather than filling in random piece by random piece and taking too long to get to any worthwhile element, you should have your 'holy shit it's a kitten' moment where part of the puzzle gets completed and makes sense, and work from there.

I don't mean this as an attack, simply my years of frustration at what should be my ultimate game, something I can get all my friends into, but which falls short every time around, and the poor way in which you've handled criticisms of these shortcomings, whether valid or not. Of course, what would I know? I'm just a silly dumb prole whose job it is to pay for and play your games.

9. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 08:57  dsmart 

slipped into a dsmart-esque malaise

Fuck u. ktnxbye.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

8. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 08:40 Evil Timmy

Met the dude a few years back, he's a friend of one of the regulars at a place where I used to DJ. In fact, it was a bit before Bad Day LA came out. While he's a nice dude with an odd but good sense of humor, he's also extremely tangential and gets lost in his own train of thought. Something that clearly shows in Scrapland (which was decently fun, but not great) and Bad Day LA (which had some cool concepts, but few of which felt complete, leading to the game being pretty incoherent), and which I suspect will continue on in Grimm. He did some great work with id, and Alice was enjoyable but not outstanding, but seems to have slipped into a dsmart-esque malaise, with a bit more slapping-his-name-on-boxes fun.

7. Re: Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 02:27 Overon

24 episodes? What kind dinky casual games has 24 episodes? I don't think this game is meant for me tastes.

P.S. I liked Alice. The art style was awesome and I played the game to completion even though the gameplay was as good as the art.

6. Why is his name in the title? Jun 15, 2008, 01:47 The Relentless

His last few games sucked. His name in the title probably does more harm than good.

5. No subject Jun 15, 2008, 00:44 Hyatus

What? This trailer is darling. I'd say that even if I wasn't his grandmother, Canadian McGee.

4. lol at McGee Jun 14, 2008, 22:13 Nuclear Watchdog

Let's face it, American McGee is an idiot, and what kind of fucked up name is "American". How many times did he get his ass kicked in high school for that name? This guy has no talent. Game God my ass...

================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston

3. No subject Jun 14, 2008, 21:52 ledhead1969

Is that a cell phone game?

2. Re: LOL Jun 14, 2008, 21:15 Lorcin

I'm VERY sorry but there is no way I would buy that even though I have a boxed copy of Alice still which I love simply because of the art style (let's be honest - the game is pretty poor).

Whilst the art style looks semi-promising the rest of that trailer looks utterly dreadfull. Seriously if that is what they get pushing their engine way beyond it's limits for a trailer I dread to think what will happen in game.

1. LOL Jun 14, 2008, 20:09 Kxmode

XD

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo