Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Age of Conan Plans

Funcom announces a large number of major changes currently in production for Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, their recently launched MMORPG. The plan includes new areas and dungeons, social updates, additional adventures, and more. Here how the announcement kicks off, highlighting some of the major changes:

Durham, USA – June 13, 2008 – After the incredible initial success for Age of Conan, a whole world of MMO players are eagerly anticipating the future plans for one of the most popular online games ever released. While Age of Conan has already evolved massively since launch, numerous expansive additions are yet to come. Funcom and Eidos are therefore proud to lift the veil on Age of Conan’s promising future, and today the two companies reveal selected features which are now in production.

“While we have enjoyed the initial success for Age of Conan, we know that a solid launch is but the start when it comes to the MMO genre,” said Gaute Godager, Game Director on Age of Conan. ”As we look ahead we are preparing a huge amount of new content, and what we are presenting today will evolve Age of Conan even further. It’s naturally an incredibly ambitious update plan for a live MMO game, but we are certain our players would want nothing less.”

Without further ado, here are some of the cool things to expect in the months to come:

PvP evolved – To the Death
The great combat system in Age of Conan has taken MMO fighting to a new level of fun, and Player versus Player combat plays a major part in this. As a result, a massive new PvP update is planned for late June. Aptly called To the death, this update brings more consequence and rewards to PvP, and an important part of it is the Fugitive system. The more lower level players you kill, the easier it is for others to hunt you down. In addition, ten PvP levels with additional ranks will be introduced, as well as specific gear and weapons for PvP.

Guild Alliance Warfare
Preproduction has started on a MASSIVE free update which will come later this year. Currently titled “Kingship!”, large clusters of guilds will be able to form alliances, and rule and conquer on a massive scale. Everyone in a guild alliance will play a part in this system, and together they can even erect unique looking alliance Battlekeeps. The alliances can also fight over, and build, culture-specific “wonders of the world”, with a direct link to higher powers! As part of the system Funcom will also facilitate larger amounts of players in massive battles.

Powerpoints
This fall, a unique reward and character evolution system called Powerpoints will be introduced. This rewards active in-game behavior, and allows for gathering points through numerous methods, including owning a Battlekeep, playing the end-game at level 80, winning PvP matches, or simply being an active guild member or subscribing to the game. There will be many ways to obtain Powerpoints, and numerous rewards, ranging from exclusive Powerfeats to weapons, armor and potions. Powerpoints may even allow you to level faster!

View
12. Re: Sooo.....? Jun 13, 2008, 10:54 Undocumented Alien

Once you hit about 50 you will realise that something is missing....

This is NOT what I am seeing from other players, there is a thread on the AoC forums about this right now, here are some excerpts...

I was kind of dreading my late 50s after reading the forums about no quests for those levels. But I am happy to report that this has not been the case, at least for me.

Oh yes, I will grind the handful of bubbles left to level if I run out of quests.....in a particular zone. But that was my choice to level up before moving to a different zone that I had quests in my logbook for. I have not yet at 60 ever been totally out of quests.

I was pleased to see I could handle (was a challenge)some of the early quests in Atzel's and Thunder River, at 57.

I also put on probably a full level doing by gathering quests. Not the most efficient way to get experience for sure, but it was a necessary task to help my guild erect its keep.

I just wanted to reassure those who, after reading the forums, have concluded that leveling in the 50s was going to be impossible without significant grinding. It's just not the case.

Be well.

--------------------------------------------------

Im in the same position as the op

I've never once had the bubble in questing that other people complain about, perhaps its because i move around and actually do all 3 main cities thier sub-areas worth of quests. *gasp*

Just because everything isnt laid out in a neat, easy to follow linear order, doesnt meant there arent things to do. Some of this game requires thinking, i know i know, thinking is a concept new to most of you mmo players.

I personally love all teh QQ's that come on here and say *waaah* theres no content, its so slow to level, the quests are boaring... Yet they have a level 80 and the games been out 3 weeks?

For whats harder to come by in the game (gold..mounts..tradeshit..) I think its a great trade off for how easy it is to level (especially since they lowered xp)

------------------------------------------

i second this. i am level 59 and have maybe spend 30 minutes grinding total. i still have about 25 quests in my quest log. i haven't even touched the main system yet. or any of those scaled instances like the oasis.

in my case, i think doing all the quests (or at least most of them) in the three level 20-40 areas was the key. finish off those grey quests in khopshef, conall's, and wild lands. and yeah, do those gathering quests. and the crafting quests.

you also don't have to repeat the repeatable quests to prevent grinding. i've done each villa quest twice, and not a single bounty quest more than once.

But there seems to be a lot of debating about it with some having no issues and some saying you have to grind.

So far I like the game, the music is GREAT and fits the Conan world perfectly. The gore is very funny and the graphics are excellent (and kill my rig in the process keeping up). I am a SUPER casual gamer so I am only level 15 so I haven't seen any grinding issues yet, I feel like I'm playing GW on steroids so far and like it. I personally haven't run into any bugs but I'm sure they exist.

I think it deserves an 8/10 so far, I've been very pleased with it, definitely one of the better MMO launches to date.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 10:55.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 13, 09:56 Sooo.....? Valcor
  4. Jun 13, 10:12  Re: Sooo.....? InBlack
  13. Jun 13, 10:57   Re: Sooo.....? Brubold
  15. Jun 13, 11:19    Re: Sooo.....? Undocumented Alien
  16. Jun 13, 11:26     Re: Sooo.....? Brubold
  17. Jun 13, 11:28     Re: Sooo.....? 1BFC
  19. Jun 13, 11:44      Re: Sooo.....? sc4r4b
  20. Jun 13, 12:40       Re: Sooo.....? timesten
  30. Jun 13, 15:26        Re: Sooo.....? Bhruic
  44. Jun 13, 18:45         Re: Sooo.....? timesten