Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Achievements?

DeathKnight.info has screenshots of a new achievement system on the World of Warcraft test realm indicating an achievement system may be on the way in the upcoming Wrath of the Lich expansion for World of Warcraft (thanks Computer and Video Games). Details are a bit scant right now, but the screenshots give a sense where all this may be heading, as they say: "The layout is really simple and self explanatory, but what you do with the points is still unknown."

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 23:08 Kxmode

I'm only here to say that my guild has killed Eredar Twins in Sunwell.

Why don't you make like a WisconsinHoudini and disappear?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 20:14 eunichron

Everything up to and including Twins is ridiculously easy.

/even more elitist raider
//still working on M'uru

2nd Edit:
Looks like it's more of a statistics system, not really an "achievement" system. A statistics system doesn't sound nearly as lame as an achievement system.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 20:18.

23. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 18:24 Pumas

"I'm only here to say that my guild has killed Eredar Twins in Sunwell.
Which means there are only 2 bosses left in the game.

/elitist raider
I have a life.. a very active one."

I'm stabbing you in the eye with my e-cock riiiigghhhttt.....now.

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

22. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 17:20 Grounded

Who cares?

Enjoy the gear reset in Wrath of the Lich King

21. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 16:57 ColoradoHoudini

I'm only here to say that my guild has killed Eredar Twins in Sunwell.
Which means there are only 2 bosses left in the game.

/elitist raider
I have a life.. a very active one.

20. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 16:45 Fibrocyte

This is why 'nin' rhymes with 'win'.

19. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 15:30 nin

And it sure looks like you havent played the game Im guessing. Cause if you had, youd of known all the testers claimed the game to be piss poor then the second they released their latest beta with all the classes have claimed the game is great now.

And if you are under NDA, sucks for you because im reporting your NDA breaking comments.

So you say that, and then you want them to give you their account?

That's an interesting way of making friends...

And PLEASE, not the NDA stick! We all know that works so well!

edit: Oh, and you were the one that said MGS4 will sell more than GTA4, I remember now...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"
This comment was edited on Jun 9, 15:31.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 15:22 Jackal

to anyone that has a WAR account ill take it off your hands if its "a piss poor WoW knockoff" cause it sure looks like its going to be a lot better than WoW in every way possible.

The entire game is focused around PVP and WAR. Instead of WoW which was released without PVP inside the game and the only way people would PVP now is by going in a lame instanced combat area playing capture the flag wearing all the same cookie cutter kind of gear.

And it sure looks like you havent played the game Im guessing. Cause if you had, youd of known all the testers claimed the game to be piss poor then the second they released their latest beta with all the classes have claimed the game is great now.

And if you are under NDA, sucks for you because im reporting your NDA breaking comments.

17. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 15:05 Zarkov

Seems like Blizzard is going all out to make gear progression as accessible as possible to the greatest number of players, and I applaud them.

Gear progression accessible? You shouldn't get your hopes up. Sure, you might be able to get some titles or other fluff without straining yourself. I have no doubt, however, that if you plan to get anything truly worthwhile from this new system, then it's time to go pathological with the time investment just like before.

WoW is still being designed according to the "old rules" that is governing these games, regardless of how many "ez-mode" allegations people throw at it.

Don't get me wrong though, I'll be the first (or second I guess) who applauds them should they change their mind.

16. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 15:03 Fion

Im sorry, when is Warhammer out again?
I play more warhammer beta than I do Age of Conan. thats how good it is

Now folks, there are a handful of people in WAR beta who think it's actually an enjoyable experience.

However something tells me these folks haven't past level 10 and haven't PvPed once. Mythic really needs to spend the next 4-6 months (assuming they are releasing this year, which I doubt,) making their game. Cause as it stands it's a piss poor WoW knockoff.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 15:05.

15. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 14:59 Fion

Thats all WoW needs now. Another mindless and boring ass grind.

If they follow their trend from the last year. The achievements will take a hundreds of hours to get, and the reward will be... gear.

14. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 14:45 nin

Seems like Blizzard is going all out to make gear progression as accessible as possible to the greatest number of players, and I applaud them.

I say screw all of the losers who put in 50+ hours a week grinding away in places like BT and Sunwell. People like me are the vast majority, and we deserve to be rewarded for the efforts we put in during the minimal time we can devote to WoW in our otherwise busy, fruitful lives.

I agree. And I'm one of those that puts in a lot of time in WOW. I'd actually like to put in less time and still be rewarded for my efforts.

Same here. Or at least get rid of Bind on Pickup, so that I might stand a snowballs chance of snagging the item on the AH.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
"The Bellic boys! Talking over your town, assholes!"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Blues effect Jun 9, 2008, 14:27 Kxmode

Error 500 - Internal server error

An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

Awww... I feel sorry for that site's owner.

-----

12. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 14:25 JeffD

uhh, I thought there was already an achievement system in wow.

its called titles
its called you being in your guilds fist boss kill shots
its called epic boss drops
its called a dragon mount

11. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 14:23 Kxmode

I say screw all of the losers who put in 50+ hours a week grinding away in places like BT and Sunwell. People like me are the vast majority, and we deserve to be rewarded for the efforts we put in during the minimal time we can devote to WoW in our otherwise busy, fruitful lives.

I agree. And I'm one of those that puts in a lot of time in WOW. I'd actually like to put in less time and still be rewarded for my efforts.

-----

10. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 13:49 Overon

I just thought up a great new achievement for WOW.
"Overcoming your dark addiction, you took on real life responsibilities becoming a hero to your family, your pet, and friends by not logging into WOW for a week"
Now that's an achievement.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 13:54.

9. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 13:30 Grounded

call me weird but i love the game! you are all just haters and like your MMO's like XBOX 360 console games, which is all AoC delivers

8. LotRO Achievements Jun 9, 2008, 13:30 TorchMaster

Achievements in LotRO, called Deeds, seem to be of the same types as these. They reward you with either a displayable title for your character, such as "Goblin-Cleaver" for x number kills, or a Trait, such as "Fortitude", which provides a small buff to your attributes. Equipment is not provided for these accomplishments. It's just a means to (slightly) differentiate yourself.

=Torch=

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 13:31.

Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.

7. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 13:19 Kobalt

Yeah...as someone in the warhammer beta either you are full of shit and just trolling or you are just weird.

6. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2008, 12:41 Fibrocyte

Im sorry, when is Warhammer out again?
I play more warhammer beta than I do Age of Conan. thats how good it is

Rarely (if ever) is there a case where 1 person stands alone with their opinion on the internet. However, regarding WAR, you have achieved this.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo