Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway Demo Plans

VideoGamer.com has word from Gearbox Software on plans for a Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway demo (thanks Gamer's Hell). The game is currently expected this August (story), but Gearbox president Randy Pitchford is not sure if the demo will be released before or after the game:

Yeah we do have plans for a demo. We haven't actually specifically decided which thing, which bit of the gameplay we're going to put in the demo yet. We're going to do it. I don't know if it will come out before the launch or not. It might not, it might come after. We'll see. But we're going to give a demo, because there are some people who really want to check things out before they buy.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: bf2 type game? Jun 8, 2008, 14:20 Fuzzmatang

You can probably find mp demos of the first two Brothers In Arms somewhere. It's a more tactical affair than usual FPS's and the co-op mode was pretty fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: bf2 type game? Jun 8, 2008, 09:07 Optimaximal

Is this a DICE/Battlefield kind of game or what? Info on their web site is vague as to the multiplayer game. I guess since there's so little info, that the game is a primarily a single player game with some simple multiplayer aspects.
Both previous games were largely single-player affairs focused on squad combat in WW2. Multiplayer was a 4 man Team DM with each controlling a fireteam (two per side).

5. bf2 type game? Jun 8, 2008, 04:00 LittleMe

Is this a DICE/Battlefield kind of game or what? Info on their web site is vague as to the multiplayer game. I guess since there's so little info, that the game is a primarily a single player game with some simple multiplayer aspects.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

4. Re: Why not call it beta? Jun 8, 2008, 00:18 Animals for Crackers

id's test demos were the greatest! Q3test, good times. Difference between id and most everyone else is that they'll call it what it actually is instead of being deceptive about it.

3. Why not call it beta? Jun 8, 2008, 00:05 Ant

Beta, then the final demo? Look at id Software in the past.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

2. No subject Jun 7, 2008, 23:39 Aero

I hate those "doesn't necessarily represent the final product" and "this version isn't optimized yet, the final will be" bunk lines.

1. No subject Jun 7, 2008, 23:19 Shadowcat

Good to hear, and personally I wish that ALL developers would wait until the product is on the shelves before putting together their demos. If the demo isn't based on final code, it's not really a demo.

Which isn't to say that there's no value in having something out there prior to the release for testing purposes -- just (a) be VERY VERY clear that it's not the demo, and it's not representative, and (b) make sure you do a real demo after the game comes out.

Or if you insist on having a demo out before the game reaches retail, make sure you update the demo post-release.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo