Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War II Trailer

As noted on the THQ UK Website, the first gameplay trailer from Dawn of War II is now online, offering at look at the upcoming sequel to Relic's Warhammer 40,000 real-time strategy game. The clip can be found here. Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Widescreen? Jun 9, 2008, 07:30 InBlack

With regards to comment #2.

I too would be very dissapointed if this game didn't feature Tyranids.
I can't see that happening Tyrannids as a playable race, with regards to this RPG like gameplay, I mean wtf Tyrannid heroes??? Although they might put in an appearance as non-playable villians.

This whole RPG Warcraft 3 like gameplay is off-putting to say the least. The part I like though is no bases, and limited troops. Thats in keeping with the wh40k universe, but still....The whole game smells fishy atm.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Widescreen? Jun 7, 2008, 17:55 Bet

Does it officially support it this time around?

Yes, natively, horizontal+ even so you get the wider view like you should. As opposed to UT3 engine games like Mass Effect which are native and Vertical-.

20. Widescreen? Jun 7, 2008, 14:31 JohnBirshire

Does it officially support it this time around?

19. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 13:44 RTSNut

Actually if you read the myriad of previews, it looks like anything can drop loot. They mention a ton of different types as well.

18. Re: Woot Jun 7, 2008, 13:12 ColoradoHoudini

swoot!

that's sweet and woot combined.

17. Re: Woot Jun 7, 2008, 02:39 Creston

GREENSKIN FILTH!

Weakling Humie!

Come on boyz, we godda stomp a humie! One of doze Marine boyz! Get da burnas up here!

Just how cool have the Orcs been in Warhammer40K? Getting those cockneyed accents just made them a whole new level of awesome.

<3 Orcs.

Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 02:39.

16. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 02:37 Creston

Did you also know Dawn of War II has loot drops?

Loot drops aren't really what they are. Each commander you beat has a chunk of wargear that you can loot. Kind of like Dark Crusade and Soulstorm, only I don't think you get to choose your wargear this time. If the Orc Boss has a bigger blaster, you get a bigger blaster. Etc.

Though it'd be AWESOMELY cool if you actually got HIS blaster.

Creston

15. Can't wait Jun 7, 2008, 02:34 Creston

Last month's PC Gamer had a kick ass preview of the game and it looks awesome.

My biggest worry is that it'll feature Space Marines, Orcs, Chaos and Eldar and that's it, and then we'll get to buy all the current races all over again.

I'm also not really sure about the "You get six squads of marines and they have to last you the whole game" idea. That's not a strategy game. That's a TACTICS game.

I'm also pretty sure that Warhammer 40K isn't about 3 squads of guys defeating an entire sector. (though in some of the books it actually is...)

This is supposed to be WAR on an unparalleled scale.

But oh well. It still looks great.

Gorgut... Creston

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 02:34.

14. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 18:20 verybad

Should be lots of hilarity involved with blowing up said garrisoned buildings.

I will probably buy both games, but DOW2 is the only requirement.

SC1 was fun at the time, but Relic is more creative in their games, Blizzard is more detail oriented. SC2 will probably be better balanced, and have fewer bugs, DOW2 will be prettier, have a lot more gore, and just have that Relic feel... Relic explores the genre a lot more than other companies, anyone here remember finding out you had to refuel fighters in Homeworld One?

Both are excellent game companies, but for different reasons. We're lucky to have them.

I do love that "Greenskin Filth!" coming out of the Dreadnaught in the metallic super baritone at the end of the movie.
He just means what he says and says what he means!

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 18:23.

13. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 15:10 Entr0py24

Yeah, apparently you will also be able to garrison buildings much like CoH. I loved the interface and unit balance of CoH, that gameplay combined with the 40k setting should be amazing.

12. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 15:08 Bet

Yes, Ditto here as well on the awesomeness. I'll buy both, but my excitement level for DoW2 is 10 times what it is for SC2. Seeing the company of heroes destruction on that building gave me chills.

Pretty much what I'd say verbatim. Buying both, but with Starcraft 2 it's more academic (and probably 6 months after release), whereas with DoW 2 I can assume it'll consume my life in multiplayer like Company of Heroes has for nearly the last 2 years.

Was late to the DoW multiplayer party, but I'm going to get in on the ground floor for this one any way I can. CoH beta days are some of the best multiplayer I can remember.

GREENSKIN FILTH!

God I love dreadnoughts. Even in death they still serve.

11. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 14:32 RTSNut

Yes, Ditto here as well on the awesomeness. I'll buy both, but my excitement level for DoW2 is 10 times what it is for SC2. Seeing the company of heroes destruction on that building gave me chills.

10. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:30 manic half

They've won me with their support and interfaces which even DoW 1 has no equal with.

DoW's interface was far superior to SC.

I'll prolly end up picking up DoW 2 even if it doesn't have as long lasting appeal as SC2 will.

right. i take it you work for both companies and have play tested each game thoroughly in order to know that. or perhaps you are from the future?

9. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:30 Krovven

Does Starcraft 2 have campaign co-op? I think not.

What we found just watching multiplayer statistics online is that a vast majority of players would rather co-operate with each other against an opponent that doesn't have a human face that doesn't tell you what a noob you are if you lose. The co-operative campaign is based entirely around that concept. Players want to co-operate in a story-based setting not just in comp-stomp."

Sounds a little like player-versus-environment dungeon content, no? Did you also know Dawn of War II has loot drops?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/879/879620p1.html

----------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto IV.....what else is there?

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

8. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:20 manic half

I'm predicting DoW2 will NOT give SC2 a run for its money, at least financially. It's a shame that they're scheduled to come out at the same time because in the end, the Starcraft name is so big that no matter how much better a game DoW2 ends up being it will be overshadowed in the end.

i predict you are wrong. you also vastly underestimate the popularity of DoW in the west. infact i dont personally know anyone who is even looking foward to SC2 but cannot wait for DoW2.

7. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:19 Xero

Haha, yeah all true comments. I think DoW is it's own game and you'll buy it because of that. It's a different resouce style, different races, and different play mechanics to an extent. I'll buy SC2 without a doubt because I love all Blizzard RTS. They've won me with their support and interfaces which even DoW 1 has no equal with. But, DoW 1 was a whole heck of fun which is why I'll prolly end up picking up DoW 2 even if it doesn't have as long lasting appeal as SC2 will.

Currently playing: Skyrim

6. Re: Woot Jun 6, 2008, 14:18 Jow

Ditto, Fausticle... ditto.

5. Woot Jun 6, 2008, 14:04 Fausticle

I would step over 10,000 boxes of SC2 filled with gold just to get at one box of DoW2. I can't WAIT!

4. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 13:48 Huzsar

It's a shame that they're scheduled to come out at the same time because in the end, the Starcraft name is so big that no matter how much better a game DoW2 ends up being it will be overshadowed in the end.

I don't think we have to worry about that. When did ever Blizzard release a game on schedule.

I'm getting both whenever they are released anyway.

3. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 13:29 Jow

I'm predicting DoW2 will NOT give SC2 a run for its money, at least financially. It's a shame that they're scheduled to come out at the same time because in the end, the Starcraft name is so big that no matter how much better a game DoW2 ends up being it will be overshadowed in the end.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo